Tuesday 9 March 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, March 9th, 2021

Outside my window ...
The sun has got her hat on, hip, hip, hip hooray!  

I am thinking ...
About the Oprah interview. I watched it last night on Global streaming. It made me really sad to think that this young couple have been treated the way they were and that Harry was afraid that the same thing would happen to his wife as what happened to his mother. Anyone who attempts to demean the way this couple has felt and is feeling should be ashamed of themselves. Depression and suicidal feelings are not something which should be overlooked or set aside, even if you are a royal. I  wish them nothing but happiness in the new life they are building for themselves. I do not blame the Queen.  I blame the institution. I know that a lot of things are dictated by protocol. Perhaps there are some changes which need to be made in how things are viewed and done. First off with the press and the way they are allowed to twist and muddy the waters of truth with vitriol and poison.

I am thankful for ...
That nobody will ever be so interested in my life that I feel trapped like a hamster on a wheel.  Always running, but getting nowhere.

In the kitchen ... 

Boxty - Irish Potato Cakes. A traditional recipe, normally baked on an iron "Griddle" or in a heavy skillet. Ideal served warm with sugar and butter, but we enjoy them with butter and jam. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

Amanda's Cooking. Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup. This really looks tasty! 

Good to Know ... 

I am wanting to create ... 
 

New Crafts Works, how to's.
 
 
 
Hello Happy Shop.  Free pattern for a flower scarf.  Crochet. 

 

I couldn't find a source, but what a cute Idea!  I suspect this is washi tape.   

 
 

Flamingo Toes.  Spring Bunnies Pillow.   

I am reading ... 
 
 

The Prayer Box, by Lisa Wingate 
When Iola Anne, a ninety-one year old woman, passes away in her sleep, a struggling young mother and newcomer to Hatteras Island finds herself in charge of cleaning and organizing the elderly woman's home. At first Tandi thinks it's just a job to get a little extra money, but soon it turns into more. 
 
The minute Tandi steps into Iola Anne's home she begins an amazing journey, a journey that will change her life. Tandi comes across several prayer boxes from Iola Anne's life. Drawn to the boxes and letters inside, Tandi begins to learn a great deal about this precious lady and herself. 
 
 Always good at fleeing the past, Tandi soon realizes she can't keep running and it's time to face her fears and struggles head on. "You can't run from the past. You have to take it for what it is and realize it's part of you." Tandi begins to learn about faith, love, hope, and the sweet possibilities of opening herself up to the Lord. 

Have only just begun this.  

Looking forward to ... 
Breakfast. I am hungry. Mind you, I could say that any time of the day.

Dreaming about ... 


Pretty Book Covers  . . . 


Scottish Shortbread . . . 


Little braided rugs  . . . wooden floors  . . . 


Fluffy and warm  . . . 


Beautiful stairs  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


A Confession.  On Britbox.  So compelling I binged watched two episodes the first night. 

A quote for the day ...  

(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ 
You have not failed until you quit trying ... 
 ~Gordon B Hinckley
 ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Makes me smile ... 


Spring is coming  . . . 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

Puppies  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


An aerial view of Halifax  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Beauty begins the moment
you decide to be yourself.
~Coco Chanel  •。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    
 

















 







17 comments:

  1. Have a good day..love the scarf..I think you have known how I feel re the Monarchy.The CRown..although people say a lot of it is a lie.I believed every word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that they would go on television and say anything that isn't true. I love the royal family as you know. They are like any other family except everything they do is heavily scrutinised and very much in the public eye, which is a life I would never want to live!!! They have Bozo Aunts and Uncles as well who have no filters and just spout off whatever, whenever. I hope people will be kind to all. xoxo

      Delete
  2. It's not good how they were treated at all. No one should ever ignore thoughts of suicide. There is lots of help to be had. Why not take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that made me sad to think that she felt suicidal and wasn't supported in that. Surely in this day and age things like that don't need to be swept under the carpet and need to be addressed! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It is warming up here today and we will enjoy it while it is here. Forgot to comment yesterday that you blanket is lovely with those bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While watching the interview I kept thinking "She is a trained actress"....I felt that Harry was telling the truth, 100% but when Oprah pressed Meghan "Who told you that", Oprah asked, and then Meghan was very vague. She said it wasn't the Queen, and it wasn't Kate and then launched into what a great ally Kate has been. I hope and pray for their success, for their marriage. I think Harry has been through enough, he must love her hugely to give up his country, his family, his career, and his history. I also wonder why the interview was requested, because they left Britain because of the publicity? Maybe I'm just jaded, lets hope that is the case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I felt the interview was a tiny bit contrived but I am going to watch it again to see if I was not just wanting to see what I wanted to see. I hope and pray for success in their marriage. Really at the end of the day Harry felt he was doing the best for his family and that is what is the most important thing. I agree that the interview does fly in the face of "Wanting to have private lives outside the limelight," but there could be very good reasons for it that we will never know. Like you, I wish them all only the very best in life. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Seems to me only an idiot, or someone who has never suffered could possibly criticize that interview with Harry and Meghan. Who would want to live that life?? Even though we are anything but rich, hubby and I were more or less "driven away" in similar type actions, by our families, before we were 30 yrs old. We had built a house, with help from kin and friends, but lived in it less than 18 months in finished condition. (NOT AN EASY THING to do. We have never built another...nor have we had attachment to any other house. They are dwellings. We are waiting for our REAL HOME, one of these days...in the next lif). And the gossip about us must have carried on even in the years after we left (judging by remarks from friends later). We have not moved back and the last visit (which is likely THE LAST) was years ago. No hate, just not a welcome place and no reason to go. We would like to go visit the graves of our parents sometime, but with Hubby's health even that is not likely to happen. Long story, but based on our experience, our hearts go out to Harry and Meghan. Apparently the powers that be in Britain must feel Harry had not suffered enough. A pox on them all!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calling me an idiot must make you feel better about yourself. I am sorry for anyone who cannot see that there are two sides to every story. You have my sincere sympathy.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I am really sorry you felt Elizabeth was calling you an Idiot. I hope that she wasn't. I like to think we are all alot nicer than that on here.

      I love all of the royals Elizabeth. I feel very sad that Harry and Meghan felt hard done by, and we need to be really careful not to minimize their feelings. I strongly suspect there are hurt feelings on all sides and am not sure this interview will do much to heal them. Rascism is never right however and I feel that must have been very hurtful to both of them, and very unkind. As far as Archie being a Prince goes, it is my understanding that only the children of the heir to the throne are called princes and princesses. But I could be wrong. There are too many rules to keep it straight! xoxo

      Delete
    3. No offense was intended here, Marie...and whomever LEfting is I have no idea...nor have noticed their presence here either. OF COURSE, there are 2 sides to every story. And OF COURSE, everyone sees things from their own experience. I have read since the interview that some say this just proves that the institution of having kings, queens etc is outdated. Maybe so. I have always enjoyed reading of the royals frankly and admired some of them, including the queen. And actually feel free to state some things as it seems on several family lines we are distantly related. But we no way would want that life!! I feel sorry for them all. I do feel that Meghan was not helped much, just as Diana was not. Only fortunate thing is that Harry seems capable of loving his wife, lucky Meg!! I can easily leave any comments to you in email...not needed here and am happy to do so, Marie. You are an understanding person and have known me some time online! Thanks!!
      Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
  6. How did things go so wrong with Harry and Meghan? My heart goes out to them. So happy they are having a girl. I hope they can reconcile with their families and find some peace in which to raise their children. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased to hear they were having a girl also! Their little family will be complete. I truly wish them all the happiness in the world and hope they can find the peace they need. Didn't you love seeing their chickens? Very quaint. Did you see Harry on James Cordon? He seems like a very congenial fellow! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  7. So done lol with the constant tv commentary..so done..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree totally! So done with it!!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I didn't even watch the interview bc I caught a little bit of a cold. So I rested alot. I always get a cold right b4 spring. It never fails! Lol
    I do know that Oprah is their neighbor now.

    The braided rug looks very familiar bc I have one similar to it. It was one of my Aunts rugs that my Nana made.

    Stay safe and healthy Marie!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!