Sunday 7 March 2021

Where I'm at . . .


Thanks for all of your advice yesterday re what to do reference that situation with the mother of the man who is renting my old house. Maxine is my friend.  This has nothing to do with me. I will ignore.

I thought I would bring you up to date this morning on how I am doing/feeling, etc. 


At the moment I feel very much like I am in a holding pattern. Neither  moving forward nor backward. Just being. I am still a bit angry . . .  okay a whole lot angry, will probably always feel hurt, but have forgiven him as best as I can.  Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.  Being able to forgive doesn't mean you accept or approve of what the person has done, did or is. It just means you are willing to let go of it and move on. I cannot hang on to it any longer.  There is no point in dwelling on or hanging onto things that cannot be changed. It is also not very helpful to carry them with you into your future.  I refuse to allow my past to colour my future. I don't think it is very healthy.
 
There will probably be people who don't understand how I can forgive someone who has hurt myself and others so deeply. I cannot help that.  I just know that it is something I need to do for me. Sorry if it offends anyone that I would do this, but I have to do what is best for me, and I find being able to forgive very healing.

In the meantime however, whenever I come across his name in anything I have written on the food blog, etc. I delete it and replace it with "my husband." I don't know how that makes me feel.

I can't really do much else now until I am able to move into my own place. Then I can begin to rebuild my life as best as I can. In the meantime I am busying myself getting ready for that move when it comes.  I still need to get a car, and I am not sure what is holding me back there.  I think it is the lack of knowledge on how to go about doing it. I have never purchased a car before, new or old.  Someone else has always done it for me.  I have never done a lot of things for myself in the past.  The Pandemic makes things a bit more complicated of course. But I will get there.Its just a matter of time.


My friend Tatiana's mother has had a heart attack and is in the hospital.  If you could pray for her and her family that would be great. Thanks so very much.  Tatiana is my Greek friend.  She was to see me several times when I was in the UK.  Love her to bits. 

I am almost finished my blanket. I just have a few more rows to do and it will be done.  I don't have a photo to show you, but I will take one when its all finished.  Its a rectangular granny square one. I had bought the pattern a while back from 8bysix on Etsy

This is her photograph. 

My colours are quite a bit brighter as you will see when I take one.  Its a very easy blanket to make. I am working on the border, trim now.  Its quite heavy actually.  It will do a great job of keeping my tootsies warm next winter!  

I have finished a few more tea towels and am looking for a dishcloth pattern to knit. I did get some knitting needles a few weeks back.

I've decanted some water colours from tubes into pans. Now I need to figure out something to paint. I quite enjoy watching the little mini tutorials by Ellen Crimi Trent on YouTube. 

I am not an artist however, not like others.  I draw and colour in, so this is a bit of a challenge for me. Hopefully with time I will get better. Mostly I just enjoy spending time with my sister, talking and watching, etc. I am not sure she knows how much I have  missed her all these years. Life has been hard for both of us in one way or another, but she is still the best gift my parents ever gave to me, and always will be. 


I very much would like to get a pet to share my life with at some point, but I still cry whenever I even think about Mitzie.  I am not entirely sure I want to invest my heart totally in something like a pet again, but at the same time I have a lot of love to share. We will see what happens there. Perhaps it is just too soon to think about something like that. What will be will be.

I am loving spending time with my dad. This is the silver lining. I had thought I would never see him alive again. 

I am very much looking forward to a future when I can go to church again. When I can spend time with my children and grandchildren. When I can have them in my home and we can be a family again. It will be great, and yet at the same time I am a bit afraid to hope too much, if that makes sense. Disappointment is a bitter pill to swallow, and I am afraid to build it up too much in my mind.

I subscibed to BritBox and I watch all my old favourites on my laptop everynight.  British television is the best, and I laugh a lot when I am watching it. Yes, I am a comedy nut.  One Foot in the Grave.  Only Fools and Horses. Those are two favourites. But I also like the drama ones. Bramwell. The Royal. Silent Witness. Downton Abby. Waking the Dead, etc.  Plus I get to watch Country File and Good Morning Britain, Antiques Roadshow.  I have only just begun to tap it.
 
Enjoying facetimes with Tina and Jo, Anthony, Doug.   Chats with Eileen.

Marjolein Bastin 
 
And so that is life at the present. A bit of this and a bit of that, and a whole lot of nothing.  Life goes on. 

Gabe in 2019
 
Someone is turning 15 today.  Happy Birthday Gabriel!  He is the one who turned me into a Grandmother!  I hope he has a great day. He has a new phone watch so I have sent him an embarassing (no doubt) Happy Birthday text this morning. He's probably still in bed. I hope I didn't wake him up!

I can just about remember being 15.  Wasn't a very happy time for me actually.  It can be a very awkward age as I remember.  I wish for him all the best.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.Those who do not
see their weaknesses
do not progress.
~Henry B Eyring•。★★ 。* 。
 •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


 
In The English Kitchen today, Irish Apple Cake.  Its almost that time. Have you got something green to wear?  I don't think I have!  Must rectify that!

Have a great Sunday.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ══════════ 
 

And I do too!
















 

8 comments:

  1. Gabe is so grown up and handsome:)
    It will be lovely to return to family time.
    You're good..I hang on to stuff till the cows come home and in my case they don't.
    If I am indifferent..I am fine..some things end in indifference.
    But if somethings been done..wow do I hang on..
    Let go of the past is something I would love to do..but my past dwells in parts of me I don't control lol..
    Funny my last car..J came with me..but I'm the one that negotiated.
    He's just like..whatever..that sounds good...lol not me.
    My dad was a car salesman all my life.
    Bon Dimanche..
    I remember Tatiana..such a crafter!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find that if I hang onto stuff I make myself miserable. I wallow. Yes, I am a wallower, so I try to let go of it all as quickly as possible, and forgiveness is what works for me. Having said that however, there are parts of me that are totally from the past, like my shyness and sensitivity. But I like me (aside from my hips!) xoxo

      Delete
  2. It seems in many situations of life, we just muddle through the best we can. To me, forgiveness means basically taking that person "off my hook" and "putting them on God's hook". It does not mean we will ever be able to fully forget. But hopefully day by day, as you make new memories with those you love, it will become less painful to you, Marie. There are things I still deal with mentally, to do with some things clear back to childhood. Because some of them harmed me physically too...and as we age, well, old injuries do flare up. Nothing we can do about such. I hope too that things with your children etc will be good. I so understand your being cautious in hope too. We do not have what we worked so hard for either. Some of that is due to huge distance in miles etc. Some not. But as in all of life, accepting what is, well, that is about all we can do. And I too hope you will be able to do some things again soon that bring you joy. At least the lockdown stuff affects us all...we are all in that together. Take care. Be good to yourself too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you put that Elizabeth. Taking that person "off your hook." For sure these things have long ranging mental ramifications for all of us, but we don't have to live in the hurt and pain forever. Forgiveness is a gift, not for them, but for you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. I don't think we can move on without it. At least not happily. Life is just too short to hang on to anger and grudges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right Pam, it is impossible to move forward! Life IS far too short for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I try to forgive and forget but sometimes it's hard and it's not healthy to dwell on things!
    Good for you Marie that you can forgive and there's no need to apologize for it!

    Happy 15th Birthday Gabe! I hope you have a fantastic day!
    I will keep Tatiana and her family in my thoughts and prayers also.

    I know you must be getting anxious to be in your own place, but it will happen soon Marie.
    Remember good things come to those who wait!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J! I do think some people might judge me for doing so, but its not their call to make really. Thanks for your prayers for Tatiana! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!