Tuesday 16 March 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, March 16th 2021 

Outside my window ...
The sun is totally up and it looks to be a bit overcast. I hate the time change. It always takes me a while to adjust to it. I end up waking up later in the morning and falling asleep later at night, and being tired everywhere in between. I wish they would just leave the time alone.

I am thinking ...
About the Lord's Tender Mercies. I have had many.

I am thankful for ...
See above and for all of YOU. You know how to lift instead of bury. I thank you for that.

In the kitchen ...
 

In The English Kitchen today, Stir 'N Roll Biscuits.  You don't get much easier than these flaky delicious simple to make biscuits. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Gonna Want Seconds. Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread.  This sounds rather yummy.

Good to know ... 

 
(source

I am wanting to create ... 

 

Nourish and Nestle. Five free dishcloth patterns. 

 

Crafty Morning. DIY Sock Bunnies. 

 

No source but I think this is adorable.

 

 Wings of Whimsey.  Free Printable Easter Chick Postcards. Love these. 

 

 Lamb Pretzel Pops.  Wish we could get pretzel rods here.  From Hungry Happenings.  So cute! Technically not a craft, but too cute not to share. 

I am reading ... 

 

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by  Rachel Joyce

At first glance Harold Fry is a sad, lonely English milquetoast, the human equivalent of a potted geranium. “The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry,” Rachel Joyce’s first novel, contrives a way to shake him out of his monotonous life and send him on a voyage of self-discovery. Harold will learn that there is more to life than mowing one’s lawn. Readers will learn that one man’s quiet timidity should not be taken at face value. Potted geraniums have feelings too.

One day Harold receives a letter from an old acquaintance, Queenie Hennessy. Queenie is dying at a hospice that is 627 miles north of Harold’s home near the English Channel. When Harold reads the letter, he responds with a tearful “I um. Gosh.” Then he writes her a postcard and walks down his road to mail it. Then he keeps on going.

It seems to take me forever to read a book these days. I need to start reading in the daytime and not just in bed.

Looking forward to ... 
Eventually getting into my own place. 

Dreaming about ... 

 

Pretty windows  . . . 

 

Cinque Terre  . . .  never did get there . . . 

 

Spring  . . .  only a few more days  . . . 

 

Having a pet again one day  . . . 

 

Improving my handwriting  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

Watched this last night.  Its a cute cute cute movie.

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
I am a great believer in luck, 
                   and I find the harder I work,
                                    the more I have of it.
                                                      ~Thomas Jefferson

Makes me smile ...

 
 

Signs of spring  . . . 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 

 

Laundry day on Briar Island.  Can't wait to take my sister to Briar Island. She has never been.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *When you find no solution to a problem,
its probably not a problem to be solved,
but rather a truth to be accepted.
~Little Buddha•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
 







































 

8 comments:

  1. I read that book..before the pandemic..Apart from Charlie's book I have yet to find one that kept me interested.DURING ALL THIS.
    Have a good day M:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful Spring is almost here. I am barely hanging on these cold days of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that book, too. Loved the little chicks postcard. It's a grey, cold, overcast day here. Keep the faith. Spring is coming. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! Have a most delightful day ! xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful day Marie. I’m looking forward to hanging my laundry outside as the days get warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read "The Unlikely...." It was a good read. Worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved catching up to you! I must read more posts. I haven't been in for a while. I always enjoy your day book entries. You always have such cute items to share. I like the crocheted washcloths. I need to sit down and see if I could read a pattern and do one.
    You book sounded interesting and I liked the movie choice too.
    I can't wait until you get into a home of your own. I hope you can have a pet.
    Have a delightful rest of the week my friend and especially good St. Patrick's Day Celebration.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, Beth from hungry happenings just amazes me, when I watch her videos making intrique things out of chocolate!

    My Mom has knitted me the 2 dishcloths on the right yrs ago.
    One is a lt green and the other is a pale yellow, with matching scrubbies. I never used them though bc they're a keepsake.

    Now she can't knit, crochet or sew bc of her hands and frozen shoulders. Sad bc she's made alot of beautiful things. She even knitted my violet mittens for me for a school project bc I kept on making mistakes. Lol I can crochet but I can't knit.

    I really liked that movie too!
    In the 50's today, with some sun but mostly cloudy. It figures!

    Stay safe, healthy and warm Marie!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!