Tuesday 30 March 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, March 30, 2021

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day. There is not a cloud in the sky.

I am thinking ...
Its our semi-annual church General Conference this weekend. I am really looking forward to watching and listening to all the talks.  It is hard to believe that this is the third one held during lockdown.

I am thankful for ...
You might get tired of hearing this but I am so incredibly thankful for my family and loved ones, friends. My faith. My health. I am blessed.

In the kitchen ... 
Today you get two. 

 

Roasted Tomato Soup, which was served with some scrumptious grilled cheese sandwiches.

 

Garden Tomb Cookies.  Something fun to do with the children for Easter. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 

Chicken Katsu.  From Mildly Meandering. This looks so good. 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

I adore JuJubes . . . 

Good to know ... 

 

I am wanting to create ... 

 

I love the colours in this free tea cosy pattern, crochet from Lion Brand. Downloadable PDF. 

 

Anabelia Craft Design.  Two free crochet borders. I love linens with crochet borders. 

 

Hand applique Felt Pin Cushions from We All Sew. cute! 

 

Easy do it yourself ruffled bed skirt, from Wood Grain Cottage.  

 


Easy Watercolor Notecards from Wandeleur.   

I am reading ... 

 

If I Forget You, by Thomas Christopher Greene 
Two former lovers reconnect in this beautiful and haunting tale of great lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Twenty-one years after they were driven apart by circumstances beyond their control, two former lovers have a chance encounter on a Manhattan street. What follows is a tense, suspenseful exploration of the many facets of enduring love. Told from altering points of view through time, If I Forget You tells the story of Henry Gold, a poet whose rise from poverty embodies the American dream, and Margot Fuller, the daughter of a prominent, wealthy family, and their unlikely, star-crossed love affair, complete with the secrets they carry when they find each other for the second time.

 Written in lyrical prose, If I Forget You is at once a great love story, a novel of marriage, manners, and family, a meditation on the nature of art, a moving elegy to what it means to love and to lose, and how the choices we make can change our lives forever. 

Looking forward to ... 
General Conference! 

Dreaming about ...

  

A front porch to watch the world go by  . . . 

 

Dormer rooms  . . . 

 

Home  . . . 

 

Cottage cosy  . . . 

 

Pink peonies  . . .  mom loved peonies  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

As Time Goes By  . . .  Britbox

A favorite Quote for the day ... 

  (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Sometimes you will never know the ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. value of a moment, until ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
 ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.*   it becomes a memory. ~Dr Seuss      `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 

Makes me smile ... 
 

The sculpture art of Kina Crow.  

Corners of my kingdom ...

 

This is a photo my sister took of the farm across from our old middle school . . . 

 

And then she painted it.  She's so talented.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 * Never let your fear
decide your fate.•。★★ 。* 。 

Doug had his heart tests yesterday. Now we just need to await the results.  Keep praying please that all will be well!  Thankyou! 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   














































9 comments:

  1. I love jujubes, my downfall in the candy aisle. Time Goes By if a favourite of ours to watch, along with lots of other British shows. It’s a lovely sunny day today, temperatures rising as the day goes on. March is coming to an end tomorrow, will it be a lion or a lamb? We’ll know tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch BritBox every evening Linda.I so love British television. A mix of rain and sun predicted for here tomorrow! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely day..fingers crossed for Doug and tell your sister that's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Doug. Sweet painting by sister!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! My comments have nit made it through....don’t know why...? Anywho. Love the photograph and the painting....would love love a cottage room like that, peonies always glorious. Have a lovely day! xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know why that sometimes happens V! The mysteries of the internet I guess! Hope your day is likewise blessed! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Praying that Doug gets good test results. Love "As Time Goes By". It never gets old. I bought tomatoes today to make your soup. Sleep well. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be praying for Doug that his heart is getting better!
    I love to have flowers in my house bc they make me happy!
    Have a fantastic day Marie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!