Thursday 18 March 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

  

  

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!  

 

Old wooden utensils. They have such character . . . 

 

White jugs . . .  white anything  . . .  

 

Gingers  . . . . 

 

Daisies  . . . 

 

Greengate blues  . . . 

 

Lace dressed windows  . . . 

 

Pretty platters . . . 

 

That window  . . . 

 

Well hello there  . . . 

 

A certain kind of light  . . . 

 

Pretty door knobs  . . . 

 

Black and white photography  . . . 

 

Squirrels, such cheeky chappies  . . . 

 

Buttercups  . . . 

 

Caramels  . . . 

 

Vanilla ice cream  . . . 

 

This . . .  

 

True love  . . .  did you know they mate for life? 

 

Hearts and hooks . . . hooks and hearts  . . . 

 

Pink and black, those were Eileen's wedding colours  . . . 

 

Chanel  . . . 

 

Ivy covered arches  . . . 

 

Florals . . . 

 

Peter Rabbit  . . .  anything Beatrix . . . 

 

Old portraits  . . .  who were they, what were their lives like  . . . 

 

Tuxedos  . . . 

 

  

Reading  . . . 

 

Oh my  . . . . 

 
  

A pocket full of posies  . . . 

And I'm done for today  . . . are some of these your favorites too? 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.°Happiness does not depend
on what happens outside of you,
but on what happens inside of you.
It is measured by the spirit with
which you meet the problems of life.
~Harold B Lee•。★★ 。* 。 

 

An old family favourite in the English Kitchen today  . . .  Zucchini Casserole. Deliciously simple.

Have a wonderful Thursday. I hope it is filled with lots of favourite things.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!   






































































10 comments:

  1. Def not squirrels..rats with tails;) And sadly I can actually get asthma with cats.Pretty little things but soooo allergic.
    Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lots of people are really allergic to cats Monique and it can be quite dangerous! I do prefer dogs over cats myself. LOL about the squirrels! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I loved that picture of the ice cream cone with a drip coming from it. I do love them, they are a favorite in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am looking forward to summer Pam! Hopefully we will be that much closer to the end to this pandemic! xoxo

      Delete
  3. All of them are my favourites, Marie. Those baby squirrels are so cute. Just enjoying one of your chocolates. Still celebrating. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindt are a favourite with me also Elaine. Melt so smoothly in the mouth! I am glad you are still celebrating! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have a wooden spoon that my Mom's Dad made yrs ago. I use to use it sometimes but now I just cherish it.

    My fav chocolate is Riesen with caramel in it!

    I feel the same way about squirrels that Monique does!
    Yrs ago they chewed a hole in my roof! I've caught them on my porch and noticed that those rodents are chewing on my stairs now! I'm waiting for a neighbor's cat to get ahold of them. One cat almost did last yr, just inches away! They chew on wood to sharpen their teeth. They are a big nuisance!

    I can't wait for the Spring flowers!
    Stay safe, healthy and warm!
    Windy around here again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had any problem with squirrels, but I do know they can empty a bird feeder in no time! They can be a nuisance for sure! What a treasure that spoon would be! I am looking forward to spring flowers also! Don't blow away!! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!