Thursday 25 March 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

 

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!   

 

Cheesies.  A world without cheesies is not a world worth living in, lol.  I love Love LOVE them!  They are crunchy, and yet  . . .  if you hold them in your mouth, they . . .  melt. 

 

Gingham anything . . .  but when it is curtains, red and white and has ruffles . . .  well it ticks all of my boxes!  


Say no more  . . . 

 

Inspiration and comfort from the Word of God. Where would I be without it.  I don't dare think about it.  Being able to read the scriptures has brought me so much comfort throughout my life. Wouldn't be without them.  

 

18th century carved wooden dolls.  I love them. They have a simple beauty.  

 

Hand embroidered tea towels. I love them. I'm slowly building my collection.

 

Fabric Yo-yo's.   

 

Italian Miniature Mosaics, especially in the form of jewelry.  I think they are quite beautiful and so very intricate.  This one is filled with colour.  One of my favourite parts in the V&A museum in London is the section on miniature mosaics. I also love the decorative tin can section, ohh, and the toys. I could look at these things for hours  . . . 

 

Ginger anything . . . 

 

Depression glass  . . . 

 

Blythe dolls. I don't have one, but I love looking at them.  I think they are so cute. 

 

Photographs of the Queen through the years.  (Doesn't William look like her?)  I am fascinated by the Queen, and yes, I collect photographs of her on Pinterest.  I also like to collect photos of Marilyn Munro and Audrey Hepburn.  They have faces that just draw you to them.  Like the Queen. 


 

I love these little glimpses into her life.  These photos seem to tell me a story, and its a story I am really, truly interested in.  (Look at that dog. Isn't he happy!!) 

 

Reading.  Reading is one of my favourite things to do.  I inherited the love of reading from a father who read to me often from the time I was a very young child.  I have had a difficult time getting into any book recently.  But hopefully that will change when I am feeling more settled.

 

Chubby babies.  How come chubby is only cute in a baby?  Its not fair, lol . . . 

 

(source, plus pattern) 

I love pin cushions, and needle books for that matter. I love making them and using them.  I just love pin cushions.  Any way, any shape, any kind. 


 

Blue and White  Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White  Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White  Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White  Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White  Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White Blue and White 
Blue and White!!
Anything. 

 

Bird houses.  I love bird houses and would have a garden filled with them if I could.  I love painting them also.   

 

Whirligigs.  I love them  . . . 

 

Hot dogs.  I adore them. I know I shouldn't, but I just love them.  So happy to be back in the land of good hot dogs!  I only like mustard and relish on mine, but that is because I cannot stand ketchup on bread at all. 
 
 

Old mirrors, crazed with age.  I love them. They have such character and if they could talk, what stories would they be able to tell? 

 

Cast iron beds . . .  especially painted ones . . . 

 

Maxine. She says out loud what we would all love to be able to say  . . .  out loud  . . . 

 

Angel figurines  . . .  any kind.  Love, Love them . . . 

 

Afternoon tea.  Love a good tea. I think when I get my own place, I will make it a habit to create a small tea for myself at least once a week. 
 
 

Lindt truffles.  I wish they would make a variety box of all the different kinds, but then again, it might get me in trouble because I wouldn't be able to resist.  They melt in your mouth  . . . 

 

Board games. I love them.  Maybe I will start collecting a few once I get into my own place. Something to play with Eileen and Tim when they come to stay.  I hope it won't be long. 
 
 

Words and their meanings.  I love them. As a child I used to read the Dictionary.  Yes, I was undoubtedly weird, but no matter.  It is good to be different than the crowd. I still love words and the simplicity of some and intricacies of others.  When I was growing up if we ever asked my parents what something was my father always told us to go look it up in the Dictionary.  I believe that my love of words has helped me to be a fabulous speller.  Of course these days I forget more words than I have learnt!  But hey ho, that's a part of getting old!  

 

Cap'N Crunch Cereal.  I have loved this forever.  So far I have resisted buying me some. It has too much sugar in it to be good for you, but I do love it so . . . 

 

Cruciferous vegetables  . . .  love, love, love them.  All of them. 
 
 

The Gilmore Girls.  I love the show. We used to watch it every night.  Sadly I have not been able to bring myself to be able to watch it since I left the UK.   
 
 

Winnie the Pooh and his view on life  . . .  

And those are my favourite things for this week. I hope that they were some of yours also! 

I got a quote for insurance for the car. OUTRAGEOUS!  All because I haven't lived in Canada for 20 years and have no driving history here since 2000.  Never mind that I have been driving without an accident since I was 16, and for most of that time in Canada.  I did have one accident just prior to me moving to the UK, but it wasn't my fault. A woman pulled out to pass me just as I was turning left.  They are treating me like a new driver even though I have a full license. I will pay it because I have no choice, but I think it verges on being criminal.


A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
 The food you eat can be either the
safest and most powerful form of medicine,
or the slowest form of poison.
~Ann Wigmore •。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  One Step Ham Casserole.  As easy as stirring some things together and baking them in the oven. No need to pre-cook the macaroni, etc.  And delicious as well.

Have a wonderful Thursday. I hope it is filled with lots of favourite things.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    






 

















13 comments:

  1. Have you tried Hawkins Cheesies, made right here in the city where I live? I love birdhouses too and have lots on display in the house and several in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried them! Yes! They are also a favorite. A bit crunchy!! I hope I can get some bird houses! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cheesies are my faves..so I don't buy them..ever.when parties happen in my family (happened) my girls always but them..they know I love them..
    Age has something to do with insurance too..every province is different too and every insurance co..have you shopped around?
    Everything is $$$ ..and just going up..I told you about our housing market here..yikes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I daren't buy them either. My first insurance quote was for $656, which was quite reasonable I thought, but then as soon as they couldn't get a record of me having been insured and accident free over the past 20 years it went up to $2400. And it is the same with all of them. Very discouraging but I need it so I have to just suck it up and pay it. :-(

      Delete
  3. I do love reading. Truly books have gotten me through the pandemoniac and I read them on my kindle with free books from the library. There's been no end of good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading means you can go places when you haven't got the money or means to travel also Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, your favs are mostly my favs....never have seen the Gilmore Girls though. Weird I know. Hope you can get a better quote on that insurance......grrrr....a necessary evil. Happy day to your and yours. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much V! You might love the Gilmore Girls. I never thought I would but then ended up watching the whole series about 7 times. I would be watching it now, but it just makes me feel sad these days and I am avoiding sad now if I can! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow that insurance price is a crime!! Well, keep your ears open for a better deal...cause when you need insurance they are all bad...from my family's experience...it only matters that you get the cheapest!! We get the best rate here from being Costco members...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to pay it today or I won't be able to get the car so I am just going to have to do what I have to do. Then maybe I can shop around. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy reading your favourite things post, Marie. Car insurance - yikes! Because I have a valid license even though I haven't driven in 45 years we are charged for two drivers. Hope you can find an alternative insurer. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a valid driving license since 1971, but I have no insurance record to show for the last 20 years because I was in the UK. So I am being treated as a new driver. Its crazy, but it is what it is I guess! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. It's too bad they can't check your driving record in the U.K. It doesn't seem very fair to me. At least you didn't have to take your driver's test over again. Love and hugs, Elaine

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!