Tuesday 11 April 2017

The Simple Woman's Day Book . . .

 

 FOR TODAY, April 11, 2015

Outside my window ...
The sun is fully up, the birds are singing. Looks to be a fine day in the offing! There is no place more beautiful on earth than England on a sunny day!

I am thinking ...
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy (Job 38:7 After listening to Bonnie H Cordon's talk I was so overwhelmed by the spirit that it leaked out my eyes and I couldn't make it stop.  When I thought of standing shoulder to shoulder with the Savior when he said, Here am I, send me, I felt that same trust all over again. If you haven't listened to or read the talk and are so inclined, you really need to. It's very powerful.

In the kitchen ...
  

Oreo Peanut Butter Chocolate Chippers.  You could use any chopped chocolate bar, truth be told, but these were exceptionally good with the Oreo Peanut Butter Bars. You get little crunchy cookie bits, milk chocolate and peanut butter scrumminess in every bite.  Yum!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

 Melissa's Southern Kitchen.  Beer Battered Onion Rings.  I wonder if cider would work?

 Good to know ...

 

 From Garden Therapy, how to create a Bee Friendly Garden.  I want to make a Bee Bath.

I am creating ...
 

 Crochet Dishclothes from Mama In a Stitch.

 

 Hobby Lobby, Stitch me a towel.  Love these tea-towels! Dowloadable PDF. Lots of inspiration and templates.


 No source, but how CUTE is this!  I love it!


 Wings of Whimsey.  Free Printable Easter Chick Postcards. Love these.

 

 Lamb Pretzel Pops.  Wish we could get pretzel rods here.  From Hungry Happenings.  So cute! Technically not a craft, but too cute not to share.

I am reading ...
 

 The Asylum, by John Harwood

Confused and disoriented, Georgina Ferrars awakens in a small room in Tregannon House, a private asylum in a remote corner of England. She has no memory of the past few weeks. The doctor, Maynard Straker, tells her that she admitted herself under the name Lucy Ashton the day before, then suffered a seizure. When she insists he has mistaken her for someone else, Dr. Straker sends a telegram to her uncle, who replies that Georgina Ferrars is at home with him in London: “Your patient must be an imposter.”

Suddenly her voluntary confinement becomes involuntary. Who is the woman in her uncle’s house? And what has become of her two most precious possessions, a dragonfly pin left to her by her mother and a writing case containing her journal, the only record of those missing weeks? Georgina’s perilous quest to free herself takes us from a cliffside cottage on the Isle of Wight to the secret passages of Tregannon House and into a web of hidden family ties on which her survival depends.

Very Gothic . . .

I am looking forward to ...
Lura and John's visit.  They arrive on the 22nd April!  A bit nervous about it as well.  Everything over here is so much smaller than what they are used to, but we will try to give them a great visit!

Dreaming about ...

I could be tempted  . . .


This also tempts  . . .


A very pretty ear cuff  . . .


The Union Jack  . . .  nails  . . .


(source)

Still wanting to start an art journal.  What prevents me?  The fear that I will spend a lot of money on the journal and then if I mess up a page . . .  it is wasted  . . .

Something to Watch ...

The Last Samurai, starring Tom Cruise.  Had not watched it in a long time, but we watched it Saturday Night for Date Night and it was as good as I had remembered it being.

A favourite quote for the day  ...
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Practice the pause.  When in doubt, pause . . . 
         When angry, pause  . . . When tired, pause . . . 
                When stressed, pause  . . . 
                      and when you pause . . .  Pray. ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Makes me smile ...

                       
     
Yes, lets  . . .

One of my favourite things ...

Hand Cut Chips  . . .  remembering how good the ones at the 401 Flea Market were.  So good . . .

Corners of my Kingdom ...


  McCaig's Tower on the hillside overlooking Oban in Argyll.   Where we are going in June.  Looking forward to seeing it in person and a whole lot more!  Just looking forward to getting away I guess!

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


 

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie.

    I love the picture of Argyle. I hope you have a wonderful break there.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pretzel lambs are cute and I love the recipe for today ! It won't be long at all till your visitors are here. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have such a nice time:) Looks like Doc Martin's place:)

    Where the heck is he and Luiza by the way?

    Cute cute things M:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are really looking forward to it Suzan. I am hoping and praying that the side effects have calmed down for Todd by then! God bless you also! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I hope that we will! xoxo

    Thanks Monique. I don't know if they are doing any more Doc Martin's or not! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the weekend I forgot to mention that there are drinks available here that change the pH of the urine and help ealse the discomfort of cystitis. Does Todd have any of these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered some from Amazon Suzan, and they arrived yesterday. Hopefully they will do the trick! Thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!