Monday 3 April 2017

Small and Wonderful things . . .




"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 Unexpected visits from friends, who bring cake when they come.  My friend Tina stopped by late Saturday afternoon for a visit and she brought the most delicious cake with her. It was called Do Nothing Cake and was from a video she saw on facebook.  It was soooo good.   Time spent with a good friend is always special. Enjoying a lovely slice of cake at the same time, well . . . what can I say!


 April General Conference.  Getting to listen to special talks from our leaders together as a church, as a family. That is just the best feeling ever.  Although we have not been able to listen to or watch all of the sessions yet to technical difficulties, we have really enjoyed what we have seen thus far and gotten a lot out of it. We will continue to watch and learn.  I can only imagine what it must be like to attend these special meetings in person.  It would be wonderful if one day we could find out for real. In the meantime we are blessed to be able to watch it in the comfort of our own home.



Mitzie cuddles. Any time.  Any place.  Any how.  I love our Mitzie so much.  We had just gotten into bed last night and I was laying there stroking her as she was laying next to my side of the bed and I made Todd promise that if anything ever happens to me, he still lets her come upstairs every night and that he will spoil her just like I do so that she wouldn't miss me too much. He hates it when I talk like that, but sometimes you just have to.  None of us knows how long we will be here.



Having a comfortable, safe and warm place to sleep each night.  I love our little home and our little bedroom.  It is just the way I like it.  I still need to get rid of a lot of stuff, but baby steps. I am getting there. 


Hot buttered crumpets in front of the telly and someone to share them with.  What is it about a crumpet that is so delicious.  I think its all of those little holes and nooks and crannies that hug all that butter.  It is impossible to eat just one.   Two is the best way to eat them.  Two by two, two for me and two for him . . .  because the best things in life always come in pairs.

(source)

Spring cleaning, shaking off the cobwebs of winter.  Letting fresh air blow through the house. It always feels good.


That man God gave me and all that we share together.   So blessed to be able to have this special person to share my life with.  He is still very tired but that is mostly because he is up and down all night going to the bathroom. Hopefully soon those issues will lessen in frequency and he will get more sleep.  Praying for good news at the end of all of this.


Each of you and the love and support you bring to me.  It is so very much appreciated.  You light up my life. You really do.

Maybe this week I will get to do some art!  Its been so long!
My fingers are itching to be
creative
...

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day. 


Its a picture one for today  . . . 


Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Beef Braised in Guinness.  I got some beautiful beef at Costco the other day and this is what I did with some of it.   Delicious!

Have a great week.  I hope you are truly blessed.  Along the way, don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



And I do too!


8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    I hope you have a most wonderful and blessed day. It feels a little autumny here today and last night we didn't have the air conditioner on overnight. I was still too hot but I think the poor thing has run every day since August.

    Speak to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day marie! What a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! You look beautiful with your adorable pup! We have 2 pups and they bring into our lives such love and generous of hearts --- unending companion-ship and faithful friendships.
    I so enjoy your writing and your always -work -recipes. I don't post often enough but Thank - you for lifting up my day with your " joyful heart". You are an inspiration for me. I hope the day finds the two of you enjoying and feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! Such a LOT of good things to start the week with here... and especially LOVE the picture of YOU and Mitzie!! :))) I miss real, hot, buttered crumpet... mmm... I've never tried making them. I need to get some of those metal rings, you know, and I can't find them here. And Amazon won't send stuff here to Norway--just books. :( I must look while on a trip Stateside sometime... My spring cleaning is languishing, and I really need to pick up speed with that, but don't think I'll be finished it all in time for Easter. *sigh* LOVE your Anne illustration... I love anything Anne of Green Gables! :) Your Guinness beef looks sooo good--must try! I posted the list for our Springtime Mail Exchange today, and am sooo excited! I hope everyone who's playing along will have fun! Happy week, my sister-friend! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture of you Marie...ans life is simple and beautiful...if we look and think it!
    We finally were told of Nick's operation date...how is Todd felling? And you of course...
    Take care...xoxo Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks suzan. I am a whole day late getting to these comments. Yesterday just got completely away from me! I cannot imagine having to cope with the heat you do, I could not do it! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! Yes she is a very dear friend! xoxo

    Thanks Cathy! You made me smile! We managed to get one of our sheds sorted so at least one job got done yesterday! xoxo

    Tracy, my day got away from me, so I will post about the mail exchange today. You can use tin cans with both ends removed for crumpet rings! Anne is an old piece I did quite a while back. Must dig her up and rescan as I lost all of my art work a while back when my laptop died! Love and hugs right back! xoxo

    Thanks Di. glad that Nick has an operation date! Still praying. Todd is feeling fine, except for tiredness. That is due to him having to go to the bathroom frequently. Means he doesn't get more than an hours sleep at a time. It's a pain, but we are hoping that the treatments did their job. Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad u had a good visit with ur friend Tina! After reading this u peaked my interest though. What is a Do Nothing cake and what flavor is it? Lol. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here you go Jan. Do Nothing Cake.

    http://lemon-sugar.com/2015/01/nothing-cake.html/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!