Saturday 1 April 2017

Hello April!

 



 A wave of green has broken on the April countryside . . . 
sweeping about the woods and hedgelands 
just like  a rising tide
 . . . 


 A mounting wave of living green
goes rolling round the world,
as on twig and branch
and bough . . .
new leaves are
unfurled
...


Lovely at this season is the 
flowering cherry tree,
like a white sailed galleon
upon a restless 
sea 
...



A ship . . .  adrift before the wind,
a fair and graceful thing
riding on the full green
waters of the
tides of
spring
...


 Oh, I do so love Spring.  It seems that once the page on the calendar is turned over to April, there is no holding back Spring as it begins its assault on all our senses . . .  with eye and nose and ear all finely tuned to all that is awakening around us.  I love the birdsong particularly at this time of year when they begin to nest.  It is so very pretty.  I put out threads and hair from my brush and bits of string and straw. It all soon disappears. I love the thought that perhaps, even if only in a small way, I am a part of the building of these sweet and precious receptacles for new life, the circle of nature.

 

Yesterday I heard a cuckoo's call
it echoed through the air
across the fields
...

Just as the sound of geese flying overhead to warmer climes in the autumn foretells of Winter's arrival, so does the cuckoo's call forth the advent of spring.   It's here!  It's here!  Tis the cry of everything around me.  Spring is springing and I love it!  What is Spring doing where you are?? I'd love to know!  I know down under the equater they are falling into Autumn . . . its wierd how that goes.

The Spring conference of our church begins today. It is one of my favourite times of year.  Twice a year the leaders of our church get together along with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and the Youth choirs of the church and we get to listen to special talks prepared just for us.  It actually began last weekend with the Women's Conference, which I have still to listen to.  I have a notebook ready to jot down any impressions I may get.  At our special Stake wide conference in April, Sister Reeves counselled us to pay attention to certain things, key words, which will embroider special counsel for us specifically for these modern times  . . . words like "I ask you," "I urge you," "I testify," and "I promise."  

That is my plan!

 A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛There never can come to the world that spirit of peace and love … 
until mankind will receive God’s truth and God’s message … 
and acknowledge his power and authority which is divine.” 
~Joseph Smith .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

Spiritual Enlightenment 

If you have a questions that you need answers to, or an issue you are struggling with, or maybe you just wonder where you fit within God's plan, may I suggest you join us this weekend as we listen to God's voice through His Prophet and leaders. I would invite you to join me in listening to a Prophet's voice. What have you got to lose??

 

There's a new recipe in the kitchen today for the weekend.   Lemon Gingerbread Drizzle Cake.  Oh boy but this is some good.  Very, very moist and quite delicious!

Bon weekend!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your conference Marie. I am glad that spring has sprung for you. Meanwhile I am waiting for autumn. iT was 34 when I was driving up to see dad today.

    Pip mentioned you today. You are quite well known in my household.

    Love to you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter has come again..oh lala..snow..snowt funny April 1rst!
    Bon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that is nice Suzan! I am thrilled that I am well known and a part in whatever way of your household! That's a lovely thought! xoxo

    Ahh Monique, I saw from my brother's FB page. He lives in Ottawa. It won't last however, the warmth of the Spring sunshine will make short work of it. Here's hoping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. On April Fool's Day I was shoveling snow again for the 10th time! That wasn't a very nice joke that mother nature played on us. Lol. My puppy barked every time he heard the snow fall off the roof all.night.long. Spring is my favorite time of the yr. Hope ur both doing well and Mitzie too! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, too bad Jan! Spring will spring soon for you I hope! We are well thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!