Friday 7 April 2017

My Friday Finds . . .


 

A few of the things I find each week that strike my fancy. I hope that they might strike yours too.


DIY Leaf Print.  In a Monochrome. I love this idea.  From UKKONOOA.



Some Rock-spiration. I could not find a source. Thought these were too cute not share however.


Egg Carton Wreath from Bead and Cord.  Love the bright colours!


I love, LOVE this children's sweater.  From Ravelry.


I like this embroidery.  It comes from One Sheepish Girl, apparently, but I can't find the source.  Love the idea of embroidering words like this.


Seven ways to make a ruffle.  From See Kate Sew.  (And again I cannot find the source!)


 DIY Tutorial for a simple bracelet. From Beyond Beyond.

 


 A Thimble Necklace.  From Mollie Makes. This is so darned cute!  I love it!


 Made Every Day.  Make your own bias tape. A tutorial.


  No source, once again  . . .  grrr . . .  but how hard could they be?  Tassel Paper Clips.  A bit of colourful floss and some quality paper clips and you are on your way!  Love them.  They would make great bookmarks!


 How about planting a garden of pretty white pearl button posies?  I love, LOVE this.  From Button Floozies. 

 

 From The Instructables.  Drink Can Butterflies. Complete tutorial.


 Create your own Little folk. Not free.  It is a digital download. You decoupage them onto existing wooden peg dolls.  Very cute.  From Caravan.  For the artistically challenged.


 From Petit Moulin on Instagram.  More doll-making inspiration. Love these little characters. Love Instagram. (Thanks Monique, for introducing me to it!}


Again, I love LOVE this sugarplums blanket from Ravelry. 


I couldn't resist just one more.  Penny for your thoughts?  From Cocktails with Mom. 

And those are my finds for this week.  I found a lot more, but will save some for the next time around! 

You know most months I have a recipe printed in a little magazine over here called My favourite Recipes.  It's just a small little magazine, but you get £25 for every recipe printed.  They printed another one of mine this month so that's great.  I always pick up the magazine.  It's only £1.20 and its a small souvenir for me of something I have accomplished.  Well, each month they give away £500 for  a recipe from the previous month's magazine that has been judged by the judges as the best recipe from that issue.  I had an e-mail the other day to say I was bring published again this month, and I thought great.  Picked up the issue yesterday and glanced through it to see what recipe they were publishing.  It was a recipe for my Ham and Corn Scalloped Potatoes. (A real winner in my books, and something I have been making for years.)  Well, it wasn't until last evening I was glancing through the magazine while we were watching the television and I noticed my photo on the inside of the back cover.  I thought, hmm, what's that doing there and read on, only to discover that my recipe for Cheese, Potato and Onion Pie that they had published the previous month had been judged best recipe of that issue!  I squealed with delight and Todd thought I had gone crazy. Five hundred smackeroos!  Colour me gob-smacked!  And we can use it too.  That's a healthy down-payment on a new old car when the time comes!  And almost a whole month's rent!  I wasn't going to say anything, but shucks, I was just so pleased I had to share it with you guys.  God is good!

Maybe this is going to be my year afterall  . . . ♥

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛A wise woman knows the importance of speaking life into her man.
If you love him; believe in him, encourage him and be his peace.
~Denzel Washington  •。★★ 。* 。 



 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . Black Garlic Smash.  You could use roasted garlic if you can't find the black garlic, but the black garlic is soooo good!

Have a great Friday. We are off to the Dog Groomers this morning to have Mitzie buffed and puffed!  Stay safe and don't forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


15 comments:

  1. Oh Marie, I have just read today's blog to Mary and like you there has been whoops of joy when I got to the bottom and read about your so well deserved award...£500 oh my no wonder your delighted..we are as well. Knowing you have a lot of extra expenses coming up with having your visitors in a couple of weeks, then your daughter hopefully in July and although you would have been able to give them a great time it always involves a wee bit extra expense so now you need not worry. Our wonderful God always knows when we need a helping hand....loved all your finds today as always, I think I especially liked the ...stone sculptures....such an easy idea, I think people are very clever to think of these ideas....I hope you have a really lovely day and that Mitzie is looking lovely after her visit to the groomer.!
    You might notice that I have got in first time this morning !!....now I have to go and look at the page where the names of people wanting a letter is. With all that has gone on this week my mind has been all over the place.....hope you got my e mail about our visitors xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, YAAY!! What fabulous news and so well deserved. Just make sure you don't spend it all in Gordale while Mitzies getting all glammed up!!

    I've got a busy weekend ahead. It's my daughter's birthday on Sunday so she and her boyfriend are arriving today for a long weekend. Hopefully the sun will shine!

    Have a lovely weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie--Happy Friday! BIG CONGRATS on the recipes published and winning £500!! WOO-HOO!! Happy Dancing with you!! God is sooo GOOD with His gifts! :) And soooo many good and fun things today! LOVE the leaf printing, such a great idea! And what wonderful things to do with rocks Tassel clips--such fun! I've seen some ready made, but they're surprisingly pricey. These would be easy to make! Those metal butterflies are GORGEOUS--*SWOON*... Happy Weekend, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie I am so happy for you. What a lovely surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Big Win ! Unexpected gifts like that one deserved to be talked about !

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is Good Marie...your on a roll, go get them Marie!

    Have a nice weekend, Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo woohoo woohoo..
    THat's a lot of $ ..that is so exciting..I can hear you screaming:)
    Now that's fun Marie.
    Especially unexpected and that it will be put to sch great use..

    you're on a roll chickie:)

    Yay.

    You like that sweater because you would wear it lol:) The colors..the buttons..add a pair of red shoes and you're set..a skirt of course:)

    Love the glasses girls..

    and Instagram:)
    The thimble necklace is so TOI!

    I just broke 2 zippers for a travel watercolor kit on an old organizer I had..I used paper clips instead..what a cute wasy to doll them up!
    Have a FUN day!

    Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the win. You deserve it. You cook what I like to eat. :)

    I love the rocks. I have a small rock collection picked up on the marshes in Ipswich Mass and on the New Hampshire and Rhode Island coastlines. Think I'll try to do something beside just look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did Sybil, and I responded also. The money surely will come in useful over these next couple of months that's for sure! Mitzie is always shattered when she gets back from the groomers. I am sure it is a huge stress for her as she hates being fussed that way! Lots of cuddles were meted out last night! Love and hugs to you both! xoxo

    Thanks Kate! I stayed home yesterday instead of going because I didn't want to do just that! Spend a bomb at Gordale! lol Happy Birthday to your daughter. Have a great weekend together! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy! Happy weekend to you also! And of course TJ and Luna also! xoxo

    Thanks Suzan and Pam! Yes unexpected gifts are the best kind! xoxo

    Thanks Di! It was a real boost to fall upon it! Hope your weekend is the best! xoxo

    Thanks Monique, you are right, I would wear the sweater! lol And yes, the necklace too! I think the glasses girls are the most adorable things. Have a fab weekend! Will be by for a visit. xoxo

    Thanks Eccentric! I am so sorry I have been mixing you up with my friend Linda! DOH! That is me! Glad you like what I cook! I bet your rock collection is nice! I am glad you were inspired by the rock art! xoxo

    Thanks Angharad! xoxo





    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun looking through all of your finds. You do find the cutest things. I do like to browse through them all and check out the links when I have a moment.
    I love that you won the money for your recipe. Youa re amazing in so many ways. Way to go! Sending loveing thoughts and hugs your way dear girl~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Marie! See I told u things will be looking up and it's only the beginning! Ur cookbook will be here b4 u know it too! I liked all of the Friday finds too. The kids (grand) would have fun making the jewelry too. I'm sooo happy for you! Btw the other day I wrote u a very long reply, and someone was knocking on my door. When I came back to push send, it was gone! I couldn't believe it and was mad I didn't press the draft button. I made a ham and scalloped potato casserole last week. I never put any corn in though. Have a great wkend both of u!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks LeAnn! For what it's worth, I think you are even more amazing! Love and hugs. xoxo

    Thanks Jan! You need to try it with corn. It's REALLY good! Its my favourite! You have a great weekend too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just now catching up from the past week and how happy I was to read this bit of good news! Congratulations lady! Well done and well deserved!

    By the way, I changed my email and try as I might, I cannot seem to get And Then We All Had Tea to come back to my in-box. The English Kitchen is fine. Strange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Noelle! If you ever do manage to understand the intricacies of the world wide web and computers enlighten me! I have never been able to fathom why things work and then all of a sudden they don't! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!