Tuesday 4 April 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


FOR TODAY, April 4, 2017

Outside my window...
It is already daylight. Overnight seemingly the days have gotten longer.  Won't be long now before we are going to bed in the daylight.  This year is already passing us by far too quickly!

I am thinking ...
I am still digesting all of the conference talks we have enjoyed thus far.  So much food for the spirit and for thought.

There is springtime in my soul today,
For when the Lord is near,

The dove of peace sings in my heart,

The flow'rs of grace appear.
~There is Sunshine in my Soul, Eliza Hewitt 

Something else which I am pondering . . .  why is it that those who choose not to believe in a God feel the need to destroy or denigrate the feelings and beliefs of those who choose otherwise??  What do they gain from it.  It seems very mean-spirited to me. 

In the kitchen ...

Ham Pie.  Delicious. You make a scone type of pastry which you roll out very thin, spread with a ham and mustard filling, top with a bit of cheese, roll up, slice into rolls and place into a baking dish, slather with a cheese sauce and buttered crumbs and bake, until golden brown. Easily halved.  We loved this.

On my "To Cook" list ...

Loaded Potato Wedges from Macheesmo.  These look dangerously tasty!

Good to Know ...


Polished Habitat.  You use magic erasers.  Must get me some of them.

I am creating ...

From Fave Crafts.  How to watercolour flawlessly for beginners.  I dare say anyone can learn something from this.


Paper Plate Tropical Fish. Crafts by Amanda.


I love this scarf, by Hopeful Honey. A complete tutorial.


Origami Easter Bunny Corner Bookmarks.  Something for the kids from Easy Peasy and Fun.


 Fun Crafts Kids.  Cute sheep made from wooden curtain rings.  So sweet!

 I am reading ...

 


Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty.
Jane hasn't lived anywhere for longer than six months since her son was born five years ago. She keeps moving in an attempt to escape her past. Now the idyllic coastal town of Pirriwee has pulled her to its shores and Jane feels as if she finally belongs. She finds friends in the feisty Madeline and the incredibly beautiful Celeste, two women with seemingly perfect lives - and their own secrets.

But at the start of a new term, an incident involving the children of all three women occurs in the playground, causing a rift between them and other parents. Minor at first but escalating fast, until the whispers and rumours become vicious and spiteful, and the truths blur into lies. It was always going to end in tears, but no one thought it would end in murder . . .

Its a cracker!

I am looking forward to ...
Tina and Tony are coming for lunch/early supper tomorrow. I might do Greek food. We'll see.

Dreaming about ...

Teacup Candelabras . . .


Butterfly dresses.  I'd have to lose a bazillion pounds but hey ho, a dream is a dream is a dream . . .


A front porch filled with wicker  . . .


Corner gardens  . . .


Vintage wall paper in the bedroom  . . .  cabbage roses  . . .

Something to watch ...

Its a classic. We watched this last night. It was really good. I had not watched it in years and Todd had never seen it.  He said it brought back memories of his childhood.

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

There is no life so shattered that
                  it cannot be restored.
                                  ~Dieter F Uchtdorf  ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.

Makes me smile ...

A smiling hedgehog  . . .

One of my favourite things  ...


Fields filled with buttercups  . . .

Corners of my Kingdom ...

Llandudno Pier  . . . North Wales . . .  a lovely place to go in the summer months . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


12 comments:

  1. Morning Marie,

    I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy some small and happy things along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have had a lovely day also Suzan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The days are definitely getting longer and I'm enjoying the fact that I don't feel the need to go to be by 5 in the evening. Longer hours of daylight give me a bit more energy for sure. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a terrific Tuesday also Pam! How are you doing with settling into your new home? I hope your cold is all better now! xoxo

    Thanks Monique, you too, sorry about the mix-up! ♥♥♥ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "why is it that those who choose not to believe in a God feel the need to destroy or denigrate the feelings and beliefs of those who choose otherwise??"

    I have an opinion about this, and you did kind of ask. Sort of. I think it's because religious people, especially Christians, seem to talk incessantly about their religion, while subtly (or not so subtly sometimes) condemning you for not believing what they believe, or try to convert you. It gets very old very fast.

    I am an atheist. I never feel the need to mention this unless it is particularly relevant to the discussion, like now. I don't try to make people feel bad for believing, or try to convince them not to. I don't think it's mean-spirited so much as it's 'Enough already. Sheesh!' I do believe Jesus said something about this as well, although I can't remember the exact words right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do get your point Linda, and yes, tehre are some that really do like to shove it down people's throats. If I know someone is a non-believer it is a subject I try to avoid out of respect for their opinions and belief or disbelief as it were. I think that most Christians, at least the ones I know, would agree to disagree if you made your feelings known to them. I think what I was referring to here was a specific person I know who goes out of their way to denigrate the belief's of anyone who believes in God. This is how Jesus put it in 1 Corinthians 7:15 - But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. Not sure if that is the reference you were thinking about or not. There are a few!
    I have always found that there is no purpose served in trying to get a non-believer to come around to your way of thinking. If anything it only served to drive them further away, but if someone is sincerely interested I will speak to them. In the meantime I always think it is better to agree to disagree! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mrs. Miniver. One of my favorite movies since I saw it on the late show as a child.
    Not the exact quote I was thinking of, but close enough. I cannot imagine trying to convince a Christian or any one else to stop believing what they believe and become an atheist. So while I was googling trying to find the quote, I came across 'how to convince an atheist to become a Christian in 14 steps', and 'how to convince a christian to become an atheist in 13 steps'. So apparently both sides do at least think about trying to convince the other, and my side has one whole step less to contend with. This cracked me up. Who cares what you believe, so long as you don't try to convince or force me to believe it to, and so long as you are not going to kill for not believing what you believe. People are so stupid. If you are not hurting anyone or the planet, what business is it of anyone's what you do, what you believe, who you love. I do not understand our fascination with trying to control the lives of people we will never even meet. I read about these people and I just want to say, 'Your god must be so proud of you, you have completely distorted his teachings for your own benefit'. Most of today's so-called Christians seem to be following the Old Testament. You know, the one Jesus negated. I believe he said something to the effect that 'that was then, but now it is going to be different. Love your neighbor, judge not, don't follow the ideals of the old god who was angry, vindictive, narcissitic,hate-filled, and power-mad. Something like that. Oh, my, he kind of sounds like Trump, doesn't he? LOL I once read a book called 'What Jesus Taught', and none of it was what I hear faux-Christians spouting these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, not Linda by the way. Did I say that already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about that Excentric, I was mixing you up with my Greek friend who uses the hand Local Alien. My mistake! I really try hard not to make judgements on other people's belief system. Only God knows what lies in people's hearts and minds. I just want people to behave fairly, decently and with love. I don't believe that I as a person can convince anyone to believe anything on my own or by using aggression. It is the Holy Spirit which works to convince people and they have to want to be convinced. Have a great weekend. The sun is shining here and it's gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Local Alien. I like that. I'd like people to behave that way as well, but it seems to be going the other way more and more. It's like Trump and Brexit have given people permission to haul out all those old hatreds they were keeping under cover while they were considered to be 'politically incorrect'. The sun is trying to shine here today after weeks of gray and rainy days. I think we've had one sunny day in the past month. I like rain, but this is ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trump and Brexit certainly seem to have brought out the worst in people! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!