Thursday 27 April 2017

Wednesday in Llangollen

 

 The sun was shining brightly again yesterday and so we said, cold wind or not, we are going to Llangollen and the Horseshoe Pass!  As you all know Llangollen is one of my favourite places.  It is such a pretty little Welsh town and we love it there.  We could not let this week pass without sharing one of our most beloved places with Lura and John!



And guess what, they loved it too.  Even if it was a bit on the chilly side!  There is so much to see in Llangollen.  That beautiful river, the rapids, the train station, the architecture, the history, the canal, the acquaduct . . . the list goes on and on.  Cold as it was we still treated ourselves to some great Ice Cream in sugar cones.  My phone is taking such bad pictures.  I don't know what I am doing wrong!


 The whole of Denbighshire is such an area of stunning beauty.  I think it is one of my favourite counties!


 I also love the Horseshoe Pass.  The scenery is so stunning.  I don't think I have ever been able to get a decent photo of it.  I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is to be up so high and looking down on those gorgeous Welsh valleys.


We didn't waste a lot of time outside the car as it was sooooo cold, but what a view.  I think they were both most impressed.  Everything is so green to a Californian! 

 

 Of course while we were there, we had to have lunch at The Ponderosa Cafe.  It's not a fancy place but the food is sure good!


 Todd and I each had the chicken dinner.  We could not finish it!  John had fish and chips. (He has had that everywhere we have gone.  I think he must be related to my family. That is a very Villeneuve thing to do!)  Lura was very brave and had Steak and Kidney Pie.  And she loved it!  Brave woman to have that!


 As women do, we needed to use the loo.   I could hear Lura laughing and laughing.  I said, Lura are you okay, and she was laughing so hard she could barely speak.  The TOILETS were so cold to sit on, that she was having a fit of giggles because she said it was a miracle that none of it froze!  I said it was a miracle that we could go pee at all because everything was in shock after sitting on the thrones.   Seriously freezing!  I can't begin to explain.  BRRRRRR!!!!!

They have a beautiful gift shop up there.  Lura found her postcards she wanted to send home and wrote them up.


 Todd fails to understand our need to photograph everything.  LOL  He was eating his lunch and telling me not to take his photo while he was eating.  So many giggles.

Last night we were still so stuffed from the dinner we had up there and the ice creams, we just had hot chocolates (I think Lura was still recovering from the cold toilet seat) and toast, and I got to introduce them to this  . . .


Inspector George Gently.  They both fell in love with it.  They love One Foot In The Grave Also. 

  

But seriously girls . . .  Martin Shaw . . . 
Nom Nom
Yum! 


Lock us up Inspector Gently because we are 
feeling rather
naughty!

Yes, John liked it too.  In fact I think he wrote down the name of the series because he wants to try to get it in America.  So well done.  

And that was our day yesterday!  Today we are Tea Partying with the girls and the guys are going into Chester to do their man thing!

I wish I was taking better photos to share with you all!  We seriously are having a great time and the week is passing far too quickly.  

One final thing . . .  Book titles.  Which one do you like best.

Number 1 option:  The English Kitchen: An Anglophile's Love-note to English Cuisine

Number 2 option:  The Full English: Classics of English Cooking

Number 3 option:  The English Kitchen: Classics of English Cooking (An Anglophile's Lovenote to English Cuisine)

Have a great Thursday!  We shall raise a cup to all of you!(And take photos, hopefully!)

Love and hugs, 


13 comments:

  1. Hi Marie. There are so many beautiful places in North Wales and Llangollen is up there with the best of them! What a fabulous day you all had, despite the lack of sunshine! You are creating such wonderful memories.

    I've opted for number one for the book title, it's just perfect for you. (Although I prefer the word cooking to cuisine, it's not so posh! Hahaha!) With number two my immediate thought was 'breakfast" menus. Number three I felt was too long. So excited for it to be published, you'll be my claim to fame!!

    Enjoy your tea party, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to come back. What beautiful pictures. I have to laugh about the toilets. Yes they can be cold.

    I cannot sort out the titles at present. I am battling a migraine. I will write tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics,
    What's wrong with them?👍I can tell the chemistry between you 4 is just perfect!
    I have never had someone over like that!
    Not sure bout the titles..maybe 3 ..are there watercolors?I almost need to see it lol..hard to name anything without seeing it!Cannot wait to see the tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun! I really think I like #3 for the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures look quite wonderful to me. Sorry it's been so cold for your sight seeing. Hopefully you'll have a warmer day to enjoy before they leave. Meanwhile it does look like you are having a great time of it!
    # 2 on the book title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Answer to your question: I like #2 best, but will the possible breakfast connotation match your book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 1. I am LOVING hearing about your week. My #1 travel dream is the British isles. I am a serious anglophile. I daydream of all things English...and Scottish and Irish...often...not to mention the murder mysteries, comedies, histories and documentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to add that we watch these series a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that ur having a great time! I think opt #1 sounds fitting now that I know what it means. Lol. Choose the one you feel that's in your heart Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate, I am with you I think The Full English might have people thinking it is a Breakfast book and it is very far from that! Llangollen is my favourite place! oxox

    You really MUST come back Suzan and stay with me. I hope you got over your migraine. xoxo

    Thanks Monique! There is some artwork in the book, mostly chapter pages and lots of photos I think. I have not seen it put together yet. Can't wait! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! How are you doing? You have been much on my mind and in my heart. xoxo

    Thanks Anna! If you ever come over here we must meet! oxox

    I am going with #1 J! It is the best suited one and has the name of my blog on it, which I think matters a lot! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We loved our day in Wales.... it was truly beautiful. Thanks Todd for driving us. What a fun day.... I even enjoyed the Beef and kidney pie! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun outing on this one. I dislike feeling cold; but for a place as lovely as this; I would have gone. I like the the photos. Your trip to the Loo sounded like a hilarious one. Yes, I have had a frozen bottom before; or at least it felt that way. I can tell that you have all laughed a lot.
    I can imagine that this series show is a good one. I actually love English or British TV shows. I was watching the Queen Victoria series and they got erased somehow. I'm upset by that.
    So happy you were able to have this adventure and contiue to lovefollowing your fun! Blessings and hugs forall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We would show you and Roger a good time also LeAnn, should you ever come over here! Love You! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!