Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .




FOR TODAY, March 22, 2016

Outside my window ...
 The birds are singing to beat the band.   The Spring Morning Chorus.  Such a beautiful sound.  I love it.

I am thinking ...
The phone rang yesterday afternoon.  It said Private Caller.  I answered.   It was a man, of Asian persuasion.  He knew my name and said he was from Talk Talk.  I immediately told him that I was not the head of the household and that my husband deals with all these things.  He then said, "Is your husband the only man you've ever had sex with?"  As first I thought I had heard wrong, (you know those accents are so thick) so I said "I'm sorry I didn't understand what you just said."  He repeated it.  Again, thinking I must have misunderstood I said, "Did you just ask me if my husband was the only man I have ever had sex with?"  He said "yes."  I was shocked.   Hung up of course.  What next?  I wanted to report it, but the caller witheld their number.

I am thankful for ...
We thought my laptop had cracked up yesterday.   We took it to the shops, but it started working again there, so we brought it back home.  It went wonky again.  We were just about to take it back to the shops when I had a thought.  We didn't have the mouse with us when we had it at the shops, so maybe it was the mouse cracking up.  Remove it and the dongle and voila!  Presto!  It was the mouse.  Problem solved.  And oodles of cash saved.

In the kitchen ... 
 photo DSCN5961_zpso9vklnlu.jpg 

French Onion Chicken SandwichesDelicious!  And healthy too!

 On my "To Cook" list ...
  

French Onion Soup Casserole.  From The Seasoned Mom.   This looks delicious!

I am creating ...

 

Last year  when she was living with us Ariana asked me could I do something like this for her.  It's her Birthday on Sunday and so I have done this painting for her.  I hope that she likes it.



Free Printable Labels.  These are just lovely.  You can find these and a whole lot more on Tati Scrap.

 


 Line Art Embroidery.  Perfect for tea towels, etc. Found on Designs on Sick.


  

I love these painted stones.  From Craft Gossip.  Sketches and quotes.



Clothespin Dolls from Sweet Imaginations.  No instructions, but they look very easy to make.  I did find a tutorial here to make a clothespin doll.  Totally photographed as well.

 

Button rings from Homemade Crap.  (The names some people give their blogs, lol)

I am reading ...


The Residence, Inside the Private World of The White House, by Kate Andersen Brower

A remarkable history with elements of both In the President’s Secret Service and The Butler, The Residence offers an intimate account of the service staff of the White House, from the Kennedys to the Obamas.

America’s First Families are unknowable in many ways. No one has insight into their true character like the people who serve their meals and make their beds every day. Full of stories and details by turns dramatic, humorous, and heartwarming, The Residence reveals daily life in the White House as it is really lived through the voices of the maids, butlers, cooks, florists, doormen, engineers, and others who tend to the needs of the President and First Family.

These dedicated professionals maintain the six-floor mansion’s 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, 28 fireplaces, three elevators, and eight staircases, and prepare everything from hors d’oeuvres for intimate gatherings to meals served at elaborate state dinners. Over the course of the day, they gather in the lower level’s basement kitchen to share stories, trade secrets, forge lifelong friendships, and sometimes even fall in love.

Combining incredible first-person anecdotes from extensive interviews with scores of White House staff members—many speaking for the first time—with archival research, Kate Andersen Brower tells their story. She reveals the intimacy between the First Family and the people who serve them, as well as tension that has shaken the staff over the decades. From the housekeeper and engineer who fell in love while serving President Reagan to Jackie Kennedy’s private moment of grief with a beloved staffer after her husband’s assassination to the tumultuous days surrounding President Nixon’s resignation and President Clinton’s impeachment battle, The Residence is full of surprising and moving details that illuminate day-to-day life at the White House.

If you are a fan of fly on the wall, biographical, historical types of books, then this is for you.

I am looking forward to ...
Our trip to Cornwall.

I am learning ...
Humility.  It's an ongoing process.  We are such prideful creatures.

Dreaming About ... 

 
(source)


Fresh Garden Tomatoes  . . .

  
(source)

Pansies  . . .

 

 French blue bedding  . . . 



 Summer picnics  . . .

 

Country roads  . . . 

 A favourite quote for the day ...

 (¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
    •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
      ( ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Use what talent you possess, 
The woods would be silentif no birds sang except those who sang best.
~Henry Van Dyke

Makes me smile ...

 

A mother's love  . . .

One of my favourite things ...



Blue and white . . .  lace curtains  . . .  sunny window sils . . .

A peek into my day  ...
 photo cf1c1dfb12292631081c88727ce56c48_zpsxnej96ow.jpg

I do much better with a plan and a schedule . . . otherwise not much gets accomplished.  I am so adhd that I flit from one thing to the next before I am finished.  I am very easily distracted.

And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!!



6 comments:

  1. Once again you have found the sweetest crafts and ideas. I love the inspirations you willingly share. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    Today I think I found a way to make driving lessons less stress filled. I had Pip drive to the bay. I bought her a sorbet. Then we drove off to her boy's home. Happy girls and only one squeal from mum. Why did I not twig to this with the other two.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we are !got in third time lucky LOL...what a nasty phone call to get Marie...I've not heard of that one before, how horrid some people are...I'm a bit like you if I don't do thing methodically I get easy distracted....I often find myself doing one thing and ending up doing something completely different LOL....what are we like ....hope you have a lovely day ahead. Looks like the sun is going to shine so we might...just might...be able to sit out for a wee while.....oh how I long for summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Suzan, you make me laugh with the driving lessons thing. I never had to go through any of that thankfully! They took their driving lessons at school. God bless your day also! xoxo

    I was not very happy about it Sybil! It shocked me. I hope you have a lovely day also. It's overcast here but looks as if the sun will shine. We are off to District meeting this morning. Looking forward to summer also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gotten so that I do not answer the phone if I do not recognize the caller number. I figure if it is important they will leave a message and I'll call them back. Hopefully you'll not get another like that one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ariana will LOVE it..I painted radishes yesterday and am happy with them..
    It is a good feeling to see something that turns out:)
    Of ourse yours always do..
    Just love everything here:)EXCEPT THE CALLER.
    That Frances H :)♥

    If our phone rings now know it is marketing..or family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is getting so that you don't want to answer the telephone Pam! Lesson learned. If I don't recognise the number, it's not being answered again. I hope I never get another call like that either! xoxo

    I hope that she does Monique! I can't wait to see your radishes! I am sure they are lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!