Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .





FOR TODAY, March 1, 2016

Outside my window ...
It is just beginning to get light out and its raining.    I'm late getting started this morning.  I did absolutely nothing at all yesterday except lay around. Todd cooked supper (scrambled egg on toast) and I just luxuriated on the sofa in my pj's all day with my fluffy blanket.  I didn't even do my kitchen blog, which is why I am late this morning here, as I had to do that one first.  The practice nurse at our local surgery gave me a spray to spray in my ear three times a day.  She said it was swimmer's ear, which is kind of strange as it is also accompanying a cold with head and chest congestion, but I'm not the expert.  It's not hurting this morning at any rate, although I am still as deaf as a post.

I am thinking ...
First of March!  Here we are.  Crocus and Daffodils and bumbly bees!  Spring is upon us.  In March, the winds doth blow.  March hares!  Mothering Sunday (here in the UK).  Easter this year  . . .

I am thankful for ...
The blessings of modern medicine and a husband who cares for me, and all of YOU.

In the Kitchen ...
 photo DSCN5274_zpst6fovmmq.jpg

Orange, Fennel and Black Pepper Chops.   Tasty!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Mostly Homemade Mom.  It looks delicious.    I will probably use undiluted low fat evaporated milk instead of cream however,  to cut  back on the fat.

I am creating ...
 

Love these cheeky little monkey's.  From Amigurumi To Go.

 

I love these cute, adorable knitted owls.  Pattern on  Ravelry.

  

Pretty Little Pot Holders.  From Nana and Company. Love her stuff.  A complete tutorial.

 

Illustrated Fabric hearts.  From Flickr.

 

Fabric Boxes. Tutorial from Geta's Quilting Studio.

I am reading ...



The God Who Weeps, by Terry L Givens and Fiona Givens
“A supreme deity would no more gift us with intellect and expect us to forsake it in moments of bafflement, than He would fashion us eyes to see and bid us shut them to the stars”~Terry L Givens

"Whether by design or by chance," Terryl and Fiona Givens write, "we find ourselves in a universe filled with mystery. We encounter appealing arguments for a Divinity that is a childish projection, for prophets as scheming or deluded imposters, and for scripture as so much fabulous fiction. But there is also compelling evidence that a glorious Divinity presides over the cosmos, that His angels are strangers we have entertained unawares, and that His word and will are made manifest through a sacred canon that is never definitively closed. What we choose to embrace, to be responsive to, is the purest reflection of who we are and what we love. That is why faith, the choice to believe, is in the final analysis, an action that is positively laden with moral significance."

As humans, we are, like the poet John Keats, "straining at particles of light in the midst of a great darkness." And yet, the authors describe a version of life's meaning that is reasonable—and radically resonant. It tells of a God whose heart beats in sympathy with ours, who set His heart upon us before the world was formed, who fashioned the earth as a place of human ascent, not exile, and who has the desire and the capacity to bring the entire human family home again

The God Who Weeps is a beautifully written book with a beautiful message for a broad audience. Fiona and Terryl Givens endeavor not to prove God's existence, but to demonstrate the more modest point that a belief in God is not unreasonable. More specifically, they seek to show that the Mormon conception of God and our relationship with Him is not unreasonable. I am of course admittedly biased, but I think they are generally successful.

Rather than an ethereal and impersonal God, the Givens relate in beautiful terms the Mormon conception of a very personal God. A God in whose image we are made, who loves us and longs for our happiness. Who weeps over our grief, yet stays his hand so that we may learn and grow from this life and bring ourselves by degrees more in tune with his love for us. In short, the sort of God I worship and that makes sense to me. A God who weeps is consistent with scripture and informs the questions, longings, and deep-seated feelings expressed by humanity throughout at least the last 2500-odd years. This is a very enjoyable read.

I am looking forward to ...
On Sunday next, I hope to finally meet my dear friend Sybil in person after many long years!   I am really hoping it all works out!

I am learning ...
Still working on patience.  It's a long hard slog!

Dreaming about ...
 

Cherry season . . .



Summer Weddings  . . .

 

Weekends in Paris  . . .



Weekend picnics  . . .



Firefly nights  . . .


A favourite quote for the day ... 

(¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
  •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
      ( ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

What is done in love is done well . . . 
~Vincent Van Gogh

Makes me smile ...

 

Two well dressed Dogs . . .  and Nova Scotia Tartan no less . . .

One of my favourite things ...



Quote.  I collect them.  I handwrite them into a notebook.

A peek into my day ...

  

I read my scriptures every day, and not just the Book of Mormon.  I also love the Bible (especially the psalms and proverbs and the Gospels)  I also love the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine & Covenants, oh . . . and our hymnbook.  So much wisdom and peace to be found.


And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!



8 comments:

  1. Dearest Marie,

    My internet is so slow this morning. it has taken 15 minutes to download the bare bones of your blog. I liked what I read. No pictures. Our internet feels archaic as it was faster 20 years agi. I am happy that your ear is less sore. I could explain why but I am just grateful that for now life is more comfortable. I hope that you intend to take today very slowly too.

    God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the photos Suzan! I have been using my lap top for the most part for weeks now as my main computer (although it is newer) is a big pain in the butt. Has never worked right. I am taking today really slow also. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Hope you continue to feel better, Marie. I used to get those ear infections (swimmer's ear) all the time in high school. Horrid pain.

    Yes, rest. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are out of MISERY.
    Keep it up!
    That will be so nice meeting Sybill!
    I tried to crochet..I think my left pinkie is a problem..and quite frankly..I get lost..then I think I don't need anything..:)
    And pacify myself w/ that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better. And how wonderful you and Sybil have plans to get together. I miss her blog and enjoy reading the comments she makes on your blog. Take good care and hopefully you'll be all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie~

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. Swimmers ear can be very painful! Keep resting until you feel better, don't push it!

    I'm dreaming of summer too! I love the, summer wedding picture, what a gorgeous veil . . . ahhhh! I also love cherries, and summer picnics. You should come to Idaho and have one with me! No, wait, I should come there, I've never been to England, and it's on my bucket list!

    The pups are adorable - I'm a dog lover. The little crocheted monkeys were so cute, I pinned them!

    I have heard that, The God who Weeps is a wonderful book, I will have to check it out. I love to read my scriptures, it's a nightly thing I do. I'm not sure if I could go to sleep without reading them. So much wisdom and advise from a loving Father in them.

    Get well!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not very nice for sure Val. Each day hoping to improve, thanks! Xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I think you have so many other talents. Your art is superb! Xoxo

    Thanks Pam. I have been trying to inure out how long Sybil and I have been in touch! Since the old AOL days for sure! Xoxo

    I have had a second lazy day in a row Barb! I hope it does not become a habit! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Marie..it's actually Wednesday now but your Wednesday blog has not yet appeared...it's really odd as this is what happens sometimes I don't get the actual....days....blog till two or three days later, then I get two days together...IM SO SO SAD THAT WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MEET ...Mothering Sunday a lot of people go,out for lunch, I hadn't even thought about that until Peter mentioned it..the two places were needless to say booked up, never mind we WILL make it one day...God willing sooner rather than later....hope your ear is healing up, just glad that you don't have awful pain...take care if you have to go out today it is very cold. We have just had thunder and lightning followed by a hail storm...I hope it clears before I go to,Drs at 9 ....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!