Monday 21 March 2016

Small and Wonderful Things . . .



 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.



A violet by a mossy stone, 
Half hidden from the eye, 
Fair as a star, 
when only one 
Is shining in the sky. 
~William Wordsworth 

Wild Violets are appearing now.  I love them.   There is a small part of me that longs to pick them . . .  but a larger part of me desires to leave them so that others might also enjoy them.  I'm also not sure if there is a law about picking wild flowers. especially Violets.  I know that back home it is forbidden to pick the Lady Slipper.  These are so dainty and so very pretty.

 

Unexpected impromptu visits from friends.  I love this dear lady.  She is my friend Tina.  She is from South Africa via Australia and the UK.  She has the dearest accent . . .  it's a mix of it all.   She stopped by on Saturday to see how I was, armed with a punnet of fresh eggs and some fresh sausages from the Farmer's Market. It was such a lovely surprise and I was delighted to see her.  She recently had her second knee replacement operation but now is okay to drive.  I think she is amazing at 72.  I love her to bits.   She is a kindred spirit friend . . . rare and treasured.  She gave a talk in church yesterday.  It was  really good.  I think she is a really special lady and her visit on Saturday cheered me to no end.

 

The Relief that is felt when something which you have been dreading and have had hanging over your head for a very long time is finally finished and behind you.  There is nothing quite like it.   Glad to have it over with, just the results to get through now and I am very hopeful that all will be well.



On Friday when Todd and I went into town on the bus . . .  I was feeling so relieved that everything I had been dreading was over and I was feeling on top of the moon.   I had not been into town with Todd in a long while.   I was just feeling Ace and I looked at him on the bus and I could tell that he was feeling Ace also.  He just looked so happy.   We were just so happy being together and we were in exactly the same space.   I hadn't experienced that in a while and it was  . . .  serendipidous!

 photo DSCN5743_zpsynahmrkl.jpg

My secret pleasure  . . .  when Todd has to go out with the Missionaries or some such . . .  I watch Cooking Television.  I love it.  He is not so fond so I save these moments for when he is not around.  If you are like me you can recognise those hands.  If you are not, I will tell you who it is.  Nigel.  Nigel Slater.  He's my favourite television cook.  I not only watch him on the telly  . . .  but I have all of his dvd's.  He just cooks the way I like to cook and the way I like to eat.  No pretensions . . .  just good simple food done in a way that brings out the best of all the flavours involved . . . the food is the star.


 photo 0139dcc834840a5ec89e6ebf721d38ca_zps3rf4xyj3.jpg

An unexpected bouquet of flowers from my sweetie pie.  I said to him . . .  normally men only bring unexpected flowers to their wives when they've done something wrong . . . I am grateful for a husband who brings them to me  . . .  "just because"  . . . that makes me happy.

However a pair of my kitchen scissors have gone missing  . . . but we won't go there.  ;-)

And finally  . . .


I re-discovered this video I had taken of Mitzie wagging her tail a loooooong time ago.  It made me smile.  I hope it makes you smile too.

We are off to Manchester this morning to a Senior Missionary Training/Potluck meeting.  I love those!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
 Important encounters are planned by the souls
long before the bodies meet each other.
~Paulo Coelho
 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN4953_zpsn3ic1zny.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Cheesy Potatoes.  

May your week ahead be filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things. Along the way don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    My tummy is full of cake and roast dinner. Will cooked dinner for me. On Facebook I have post pics of the car I got today.

    Enjoy your day and I love the word serendipity.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your week is off to a great start there ! Happy Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have had a lovely day Suzan! Happy Birthday to you. I saw the car. Nice! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! Happy Monday to you too! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I hope your week is also a happy one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!