Friday 11 March 2016

Friday Finds . . .

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the things I find each week which strike my fancy and I hope that they strike yours also!




 These carrot Easter Treat Boxes are really cute.  From Ella Claire, a free printable.  So sweet!

 

 These pompom yarn bunnies are so adorable.  I am in love.  From iKat Bag.

 

For the kids.  DIY Daffodils.   This will keep them occupied for a while, and you could have a whole row of them dressing up your front window for Easter.  From Educants Blog.



 Minion Easter Eggs.  These are soooo cute!  I love the Minions.  From A Pumpkin and a Princess.
 

 


 From Mommy's Bundle.  St Patrick's Day Pretzel Pops.  These are so cute.  I would have loved these when I was a child!

 

Printable St Patricks Day Lunch Box Jokes.  Such fun!  From Uncommon Designs. I covered the envelope of Gabriel's Birthday Card with jokes for kids and he loved it.  Kids love jokes, and the cheesier the better.

 

A Broken Rib Tea Cosy.  I bought some yarn yesterday. We shall see.  I haven't knitted in a long time.  From Pamela's Blog

 

If I can't figure out how to knit one, I can always crochet one.  This one is very sweet, from Another Sunday Girl.   Of course then I will have to buy a tea pot. 

 

Counted Cross Stitch Irish Blessing.  I love it.  From 123Stitch.

 

Building a Great Depression Era Pantry, with frugal recipes and tips.  From Pioneering Today.   A series of pod casts.

 

Preparing for a disaster, Meals in Jars.  Chef Tess Bakeresse.

 

Make your own Extracts.    I love this idea.  From AskayaPaatram.  Great blog!

And that is it for this week.  I hope you found something useful!

 

There is a lot of produce in the shops at the moment from South Africa.  I couldn't help picking up these Watermelon Plums the other day.  The name and the colour intrigued me.  Green skins speckeled with pink and inside a ruby red flesh and they are so sweet and delicious. I just had to show them to you because they are soooooo pretty!

 

I was hemming a shirt for a friend yesterday and guess who jumped up to help me.   Yep.  She likes to be a part of everything.

Speaking of friends, please keep the people of Louisiana in your prayers.   There are five dead and thousands being evacuated because of historic flooding.  A friend of mine just moved into a beautiful new home in Bossier City not too long ago and they are on the evacuation list.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . . 

~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~
When a friend does something wrong,
don't forget all the things they did right.
~unknown
~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN57631_zpsmopqikrn.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pan Roasted Chops and Cabbage.  Delicious!


Have a fabulous Friday. Wherever you go, whatever you do, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    I wrote a comment before but everything froze. I love so many of the things you shared with us this morning. The minions made me smile and I love the cross stitch.

    Take care my friend and God bless you and keep you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All cute things!!

    I have been thinking about Louisiana..not much on the news here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie! Thanks so much for the cute craft ideas. I think I will make some of the sweet yellow daffodils with my grand kids next week. That should be lots of fun and easy enough for grandma ;-) Hope you have a nice weekend. It's always fun to check in and see what's going on in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    What a fun post! I loved all of the ideas, but those little carrot packages just spoke to me, I love them!

    I have had food storage on my mind lately, I think we all need to be prepared, and these meals in jars look so wonderful. I'm going to give some of them a try. I was with a sweet friend yesterday, and she was telling me about a wonderful product called, Thrive. It's freeze dried food, and it's delicious! It would be perfect to make some of these great jars.

    Your pork chops look yummy, I think I have everything to make them for dinner, yum!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate it when that happens Suzan! So frustrating! I hope you will have a good weekend! Love, hugs and blessings. Xoxo

    Thanks Monique! Not much o n the news here either, but my friend Susan ( Not Quite June Cleaver) was at the point of being evacuated, and so I read up about it online. Poor people. Xoxo

    Thanks Barb! I want to make some of those jars also! They seem like a fabulous idea! I hope you like the porky chops! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, you are so welcome! I wish my Grands were close enough for me to do this with them! You are a lucky woman! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always on a Friday I see great ideas, the meals in jars would make a great present for someone living alone....never seen these new fruits I will have to look out for them....hope all is well. We have had a nice spring day here. It was a bit foggy early on but by mid day it had lifted and was actually quite a warm afternoon....roll on summer. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such great finds. I really like the all. I will have to check them out. I loved the yarn rabbits; so cute. I liked the meals in the jars; looks like a great idea. I loved all the decorations ones. Thanks for looking for these to share. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a lovely and warm day here as well Sybil! Roll on summer is right! I am sick of the rain! xoxo

    You're very wecome LeAnn! I love to look for these things! I even make some of them myself! Love and hugs right back, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!