Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wednesday this and that . . .


 photo villagecrocus007.jpg

The first crocuses of the year always seem to take you by surprise . . . you never quite see them coming.  They spring up quite seemingly overnight . . .


 photo villagecrocus008.jpg

 One day there is nothing  . . .  and the next there are patches of yellow and lavendar beneath the trees and fleck of gold along the edges of the pathways . . .


 photo villagecrocus006.jpg

Before you know it  . . .  the whole garden is fairy lit with swathes of little crocus-candles . . . ivory and lavendar . . . with golden flicker flamed centres.  Magical . . .

 photo villagecrocus004.jpg

They prove irresitable to those  furry bodied harbingers of Spring as they bumble from one bloom unto another . . . delighting us with their little dance . . .

 photo villagecrocus003.jpg

Nothing cheers the heart more  . . . this is what was dreamed about beside the warm glow of winter's fire . . . amidst the bleak and bitter days of fog and frost and damp.  This is what I pictured through the streaming window panes, when it seemed that sunny days would never come again . . .

 photo nesting_zpslshabjzj.jpg

I have to say that I feel much better after going to the pre-assessment yesterday at the hospital.   My iron levels are normal, which is not a bad thing.  My blood pressure was a bit on the high side, but I was really stressed.   I need to try to calm that down or I will end up with shingles again.  The nurse was very pleasant and explained things really well.   I left feeling like I could do this.

I have opted for sedation.   They don't actually put you out, but you feel really relaxed and calm.  I have always been afraid of being put out . . .  not sure why.  I think it's the loss of control.  That plus the fact that I read the book Coma years and years ago and I am a person who should never read any type of medical book, be it fiction or not.

I can't even watch medical dramas.  I would rather watch a good murder/mystery.  I find them a great deal less frightening in all truth.

My diet on Monday and Tuesday of next week will be very bland indeed.  No fruits.  No vegetables.   Only white rice, white bread, white pasta.  No fibre.   Cornflakes for breakfast or puffed rice. No milk or cheese, but soft cheese such as philadelphia or cottage cheese.  And then on Wednesday after 7 am, no solid food at all.   Just liquids and no milk with those.  Oh, and of course the laxative.  Two HUGE portions of that to be taken first between 1 pm and 3 pm . . .  and then again between 6 pm and 8 pm.  I was told that . . . ahem . . .  I should not venture very far from the toilet.   I expect that this will be the most unpleasant part of the whole exercise.  Nothing to drink at all after 7 am on Thursday and I will have the procedure at 8 am.  They expect it will take about 45 minutes.  I will be in hospital for several hours and then incapacitated or resting at home for the rest of the day pretty much.

But at least then it will be over. 


Elizabeth's Lemon Meringue Pie via The English Kitchen

Did you know that this is National Pie week?  I know!!!  Such a tasty thing.  I really must be baking a pie in honor of it.  This is Elizabeth's Lemon Meringue Pie.  It is my ex MIL's recipe and it's really good.  We are having the missionary sisters for supper tomorrow night so I think I may make this for them.



Have you checked out the Theremin on the Google Search homepage today?  It's pretty amazing and interactive.  You can play it!  The Theremin.   What is a Theremin?  it is an electronic musical instrument in which the tone is generated by two high-frequency oscillators and the pitch controlled by the movement of the performer's hand towards and away from the circuit.  Sheldon Cooper plays it in one of the Big Bang Theory Episodes when he decides he has no friends.   It's pretty funny.  It's not an instrument I feel I could listen to for very long.  Very Star Trekky sounding.

 

Last night we watched the first Episode of Dr Thorne, the new Julian Fellowes period drama which we had taped on Sunday evening.  Our jury is still out on it.   Not sure what to think as of yet, except suffice it to say that thus far there are not that many likeable characters in it, except for the Doctor, his niece and the young man who is in love with her, Frank Gresham.  The first episode of anything can be a tad boring because they are setting up the characters and scene.   I will leave it until Episode two to really make up my mind.  I fear however that it will be no Downton Abby.

From Wikipedia:
 Doctor Thorne (1858) is the third novel in Anthony Trollope's series known as the Chronicles of Barsetshire. It is mainly concerned with the romantic problems of Mary Thorne, niece of Doctor Thomas Thorne (a member of a junior branch of the family of Mr Wilfred Thorne, who appeared in Barchester Towers), and Frank Gresham, the only son of the local squire, although Trollope as the omniscient narrator assures the reader at the beginning that the hero is really the doctor. Major themes of the book are the social pain and exclusion caused by illegitimacy, the nefarious effects of the demon drink, and the difficulties of romantic attachments outside one's social class

And I guess I have bored you long enough so here is a thought to carry with you through today    . . .

  (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
 Happiness often sneaks in
through a door  
you did not think was open.
~Unknown
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN55891_zpsmtjrfa8r.jpg

I'm cooking a delicious soup in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Hungarian Borscht.


Have a wonderful Wednesday!  Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I am so pleased that your visit to the hospital has eased your mind. You will need to stay close to home when you take that prep. I will not share my experiences. But you will survive. I am praying for you.

    Those flowers in the grass and beyond beautiful. I have only seen a sight like that once in my life and it is a personal treasure and it wasn't in Australia. We have had heavy rain today and unfortunately we had to drive through it. Let's agree that my face has more lines, my hair is greyer and my nerves are shot. After lunch I retired to bed to rest! My son did not slow down to match the weather.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hate driving through heavy rain Suzan! I am not surprised you needed a rest afterwards! I am so grateful to live in a country and have lived in a country my whole life with seasons that change dramatically from one to the next. It has helped me to gain a greater appreciation of each of them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacques' doctor..that was his method..put under..I think I would go that way;)
    That's how they found out one of the things he had..

    In a way I think tests are great..on the other hand..if they tell you they found something..you build it up in your mind..what kills me is what the cannot find..and it's there.

    I seem to be talking nonsense:)
    Your pie..oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really hoping and praying it is nothing sinister Monique, but am putting it in the Lord's hands. What will be will be. The sooner we know what the problem is however, the sooner we can get started on at least trying to fix it. This wait has been very stressful in many respects and yet at the same time a great testing of my faith, not to mention patience!! You? Talk Nonsense?? Never!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie!

    It's so hard to think about going under, I have that same fear . . . :0| Everyone I talk to who have had that procedure, say that it wasn't nearly as bad as they thought it would be. Good luck anyway.

    Last night my Beehives, wrote letters to the missionaries. One of my girls said that her cousin is in England, in the Manchester England Mission. I'm not sure what mission you are in, but her name is, Sister Schwab. If you do know her, give her much love from Idaho!

    My husband and I were talking about T.V. this morning, and we both agreed that there is not much on these days worth watching. I was sad the DA was over, it was a good show!

    Have a wonderful day, I'm off for my weekly lunch date with my mom and sister!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    P.S. The pie looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had this done, it is not as bad as I thought, better than a filling at the dentist. Make sure you are within a few feet of the toilet ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you felt a little bit lessstressedafter yesterday. My best friend Pam went through exactlythesame procedure two weeks ago...you do need to stay by the loo...maybeevensitting on it reading isagood idea LOL..that's Pams advice !!...she thankfully was ok. They did find two small polyps and removed them there and then...not painful at all...said she won't have to go back now for five years ! She said... I will if I'm still here LOL!! She really is so great with all her aches and pains, she has had two new knee joints, hip joints I think just once but certainly one of her knees has been done a second time....she has also had a shoulder joint but that was not so good....anyway black to you, please love don't let yourself get worried up to much.....sorry that some of these words are running together it's something to do with the space bar sticking...hope you can understand them LOL. I'm late tonight as I couldn't get in earlier, I was stuck on Monday !...I got my results from all the tests that theDr. Ordered so I am pleased about that although it dosnt help the way I feel and apparently look when I do getthese ...funny hot, cold,dizzy,sick, days...the only thing she could think was that perhaps the morphine slow release capsules were not ...flowing??...and were hitting peaks and troughs and that what might cause it !!!...if it continues for more than three or four days....it never does....I have to go and see her again...she increased the morph. By 10grm that I take at night that certainly lets me sleep all night so that is good and I can still take the Tramadol in the daytime if needed...night night. God Bless. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Barb. From what I understand I will just be very happy and very relaxed. I WILL be very happy when all is said and done. That much I know for sure! I am serving and living in the England Manchester Mission! I will keep an eye out for Sister Schwab! What a small world we live in! I hope that you enjoyed your weekly lunch date with your mum and sister! xoxo

    Thanks CG! I will bear that in mind and yes, be very handy the toilet! haha! xoxo

    I am hoping all will be okay here as well Sybil. Glad things were alright with Pam! I was having funny hot, cold, dizzy, sick days and it ended up I was diabetic, but I am sure they have checked you for that! God bless you also. Still so sad that we were not able to meet up. We are planning a trip down South when we finish our mission however! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!