Tuesday 8 March 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, March 8, 2016

Outside my window ...
It's dark and it's cool.  It's dry.  You cannot beat dry.   I meant to try to look and see if we could see the Northern Lights last night but I forgot.  duh . . . I can remember watching them from my bed when I lived in Alberta.  Phenomenal.

I am thinking ...
About my hospital appointment this morning.  Bright and early, which is a good thing as I should be in and out asap.  I just want it all done and over with now.  Sigh . . .

I am thankful for ...
Prayers.  The Gospel in my life.  A good husband.  Family and friends.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN5655_zps55ctlj7l.jpg

Frank and Potato Bake.  Naughty but nice.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

From Lauren's Latest.  Grilled Asian Sweet and Spicy Chicken Skewers.  Looks delicious!

I am creating ...

 

I really like the look of this cable loop crochet pillow.   From Little Monsters.  Lots of photos.

 

Rose Scarf Tutorial from Watch Me Daddy.  This is so pretty.  That one is made from felt and open to invited readers only, but I found another one made from fleece with a complete tutorial on The Diva of DIY.

 

I love, LOVE this rag quilt.  From  Northern Cottage.  No instructions.  I love these colours however.  I will be searching for instructions somewhere.

 

Cute garden owl.  From a tea strainer, bottle caps and buttons.  Oh, and wire.  Found on Find Make Do.



DIY Inspired.   How cute is that?  A teapot bird feeder.  There are also tea cup ones.  Complete tutorial.  So sweet!

I am reading ...
  

Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte

Digging back into the classics.  It's fun to do that now and again.

Orphaned into the household of her Aunt Reed at Gateshead, subject to the cruel regime at Lowood charity school, Jane Eyre nonetheless emerges unbroken in spirit and integrity. She takes up the post of governess at Thornfield, falls in love with Mr. Rochester, and discovers the impediment to their lawful marriage in a story that transcends melodrama to portray a woman's passionate search for a wider and richer life than Victorian society traditionally allowed. With a heroine full of yearning, the dangerous secrets she encounters, and the choices she finally makes, Charlotte Bronte's innovative and enduring romantic novel continues to engage and provoke readers. This just never gets old . . .

I am looking forward to ...
March 18th.  Not that I am wishing my life away or anything, but . . . I just want it all over and done and dusted.  Then I can deal with whatever it is I have to deal with.

I am learning ...
Patience.  Will I ever get it down to an art??

Dreaming about ...

  

Garden whirligiga ma things  . . . I love them and could watch them for hours . . .

 

Green tunnels and garden gates . . . what's on the other side  . .



Painted coffee can flower pots  . . .  such a pretty thing  . . .

 

Planted Wellies  . . . .



Sunflower Stepping Stones  . . . .

 

Old Bicycles . . . . planted up.

A favourite quote for the day  ...

 (¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
  •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
      ( ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

When you pass through the waters,
I will be  with you.
And when you pass through the rivers,
They will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
You will not be burned;
The flames will not set you ablaze,
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy one of Israel,
Your Saviour . . .
Isaiah 43: 2-3

Makes me smile ...
 

 photo Happy Birthday Gabriel_zpsdceyld16.jpg

Guess who is ten years old today!  Our Gabriel.  He's the one who is responsible for turning me into a Grandmother in the first place!  It's hard to believe he is already ten.  The years have flown by!  Such a handsome boy too.  (I am biased I know.)

 photo image_zpsaqste6fa.jpeg

He got his present from us and he looks excited.  We got him the book Piratology.  It's fabulous.  Lots to see and do in it.  Legendary.  It will keep him amused for ages I am sure.  The perfect gift for a boy who is turning ten and who is intelligent.  Much better than a computer game.

One of my favourite things ...



Prayer . . .  where would I be without it . . .

A peek into my day ...

 

I love to laugh  . . .  look for silver linings  . . .  look on the bright side.  Life is so much easier and happier if you do, even if things do get tough, sad, etc.  It's that old "Don't worry, be happy" thing.   I try at any rate  . . . even if I am not always successful.

And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!  I'm off  to the hospital now.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll say I don't need the procedure next week after all!


9 comments:

  1. As usual my internet is playing up and I can't see all the pretties. I do hope your grandson enjoys his birthday. It is special.

    Best wishes for the hospital visit today. God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzan. I am back home now. Just next week to get through. It will be a long week I am thinking! God bless you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue prayers for you, hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10! Like our Lucas..

    Great gift nana!
    Lots to see and read..mst important your appointment!..Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pam, very much appreciated! Xoxo

    It's such a fun age Monique! My appointment went well. My iron levels are back to normal and the nurse has put my mind at ease. It still won't be pleasant, but I will just have to grin and bear it. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie,
    I hope things go well for you at the hospital. You will be in my prayers. You have cute grand kids - my oldest grandson is almost ten - his birthday is in May. Grand children are such a blessing, aren't they. Good for you, giving him a book instead of a video game! :-) I love all of your crafts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Deb. I so appreciate every prayer! I love my grandchildren very much. Books always make good presents in my opinion! Books have always been my friends! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!