Friday, 11 April 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg
A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!  

 photo d809cd18da94822302e7a8984b767738_zps1acfda7f.jpg

20+ Egg-citing ideas for Easter from the people at Better Homes and Gardens.  I have always had a lot of respect for the BHG people.  I used to buy their magazine years ago.  Do they still have a magazine?   Their recipes were always the best.  I also bought their cookery encyclopaedia when I was about 17 with money I earned from baby sitting.  You can see my food and recipe fetish goes way back. ☺

 photo bcf7dc8530c6c35214d5fd701e667cde_zpsb148ee70.jpg

 What a brilliant idea if you are feeding a crowd for Easter!  Orange napkins and green cutlery stogged into a basket looking forever like a basket of carrots!  I wish I'd thought of that!  (Not that I am having a crowd over!)  Found this on Indulgy.

 photo ca8ea3b1a5471e34c610710d0edac60d_zpsf54a9c6a.jpg





















From Hostess with the Mostess, a brilliant tutorial on how to make Carrot Cupcakes!  Aren't they cute?   How fabulous would these be at an Easter Pot Luck or family get together?   I think they're just wonderful!

 photo yellow-candy-bowl-e1364188614309-682x1024_zps2ef43641.jpg

The cutest candy melt Easter Candy bowls from Kids Stuff World.   So simple to make and something you can get the kiddos to help with.   I wish the grandchildren didn't live so far away as I would be doing this with them!  It looks like a real fun activity!  (And tasty too!)

 photo 7aa89a3ee3385af4d752f37ba69bec7b_zpsdc6ea869.jpg

Free Printable Boxes to put some Easter Eggs in.  Mini Egg Easter Boxes from Oh Happy Day.  I love free printables.  Don't you?


 photo 85625d490773ec0ae922c68ccd847f43_zps535b5057.jpg

Twelve creative ways to decorate Easter Eggs from The Girl Creative.Com.   These are calligraphy eggs.  Very Jane Austinish I think.  If this doesn't strike your fancy, there are eleven more ways to choose from.


 photo Easter_Party_-_Parmesan_Bunny_Ears_gallery_zpsf8961746.jpg

Parmesan Bunny Ears from Savvy Mom.  Such a cute idea and so easy to make too!  You just need a few bits and some puff pastry!

 photo 94f008e0f4045cca0ab70dfcb0b9d54f_zpsd1315571.jpg

Paper Carrot Treat Bags from Oh Happy Day.  So simple to make and so cute!  There is a full pictorial tutorial.  I think they are really sweet!  (No pun intended!)


 photo bunnynap_300x449_zps3f67d2e4.jpg

How to fold a Bunny Napkin from Singing With Birds.  Again a complete pictorial tutorial!

 photo Free-Easter-Printable-Christ-The-Lord-by-Five-Heart-Home-700pxSquare_zpsd1833ec9.jpg

And finally another free printable, this time from Five Heart Home.  And you get a colour choice with this one!

Well this has been a very Eastery Friday Finds, but I know you won't mind.  I hope that you found some springtime Easter inspiration here!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`•´¯)☆
*`•.¸(¯`•♥•´¯)¸.•♥♥•
☆ º `  `•.¸.•´ ` º ☆.¸.☆¸.•♥♥•¸.•♥♥•¸.•♥♥•☆.¸.☆¸
"Pray as though everything depended on God. 
 Work as though everything depended on you."
 ~Saint Augustine  
☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸☆.¸.☆¸  

 photo SAM_3936_zpsb8862ef8.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Decadent as Sin Potatoes.   Oh boy . . . these naughty potatoes are delicious!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

Have a great Friday everyone!


9 comments:

Tracy said...

NICE egg ideas at BHG. My Mom used to get their magazine for MANY years--nice memory. :o) CUTE carrot cupcakes. So are those Parmesan bunny ears. Bunny napkins--LOVE! Fun with the Easter theme today, Marie! And must go see about those naughty potatoes... LOL! Happy Weekend to you all there ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

Marie Rayner said...

Awww thanks Tracy! I am always a bit hesitant to do it all on one subject, but with so many nice Easter ideas about today I just couldn't resist sharing some of them! Love and happy weekend to you too! xxoo

Suze said...

Happy Friday Marie. Now I want little ones for next weekend.

Marie Rayner said...

Maybe you can borrow some little ones from your friends Suzan!

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Friday and Love to you too Suzan! I Love this time of year, don't you?

Marie said...

What a lot of wonderful, wonderful Easter treats and ideas. Aren't people so clever - just a simple serviette and plastic cutlery made into something really special. It doesn't take a lot of money, but just using one's imagination. The internet is a real treasure trove of ingenious ideas.

I'm going to do those parmesan bunnies - they'll be ideal at out Easter smörgåsbord. Thankyou for the tip!

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks Marie, happy to help! I am trying to think of a way to incorporate those Parmesan bunnies as well!

La Table De Nana said...

Great finds Marie..
It's a perfect time to share these..
Yes the magazine still exists.
:)

Marie Rayner said...

They always have the best recipes Monique! I love my BHG cookbooks, even if they are ridiculously old!