Friday 25 April 2014

Friday Finds . . . .


  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!


 photo d2e14c13e203df32638fc441329ee7ee_zpsa3e60f88.jpg

Shutters re-purposed into a kitchen island cart.   Brilliant!  I love this idea.  Now I just have to find some old shutters!  From Beyond the Picket Fence.  There are a lot of decorating ideas on that page!

 photo f60baf3a7ccf441afdd177e5fda98e87_zpsa4edfeb2.jpg

My ex boss used to have a whole bureau that was given over to gift wrapping.   This is a whole closet.  I don't think I could ever justify having a whole closet as a gift wrapping station.  I don't give that many gifts to warrant one, but some of the ideas are very practical and could be done on a smaller scale.   From I Heart Organizing.

 photo f84968ae9ec45250c53c1ebec0f376d9_zpsa970ea10.jpg

Those gift bags can be quite expensive, but I do love them.  So much easier to just pop something into some tissue paper and then into a pretty bag.  There is a complete tutorial on how to make your own on Indulgy.Com.

 photo a3aa1bea4674ec8e7846be848e2ae48a_zpsb8a6c41b.jpg

Adding a bit of colour to the kitchen by painting INSIDE the cupboards.  I love this idea.  I once did it to an old hutch and it looked lovely.  You can find out more about this on A Beautiful Mess.

 photo 17d56f1c323f5f5b21f06fe7d1d9e75b_zps938dc23e.jpg

Ideas for mini green houses.  This is using plastic storage bins.  Just brilliant!  Take the lids off during the day so they get the sunshine and cover them up at night or when it's raining.  Found this on Garden Web Forums.  It's a brilliant idea!

 photo 01de15e8780065b6cab9b92b0dc6ee86_zpsb82c219e.jpg

Honey, Oats and Beeswax Soap from a blog called Lovely Greens.  This is a beautiful blog by the way.  There's a lot of things on there about bee keeping, gardening, DIY, recipes, home made beauty products, etc.  It is a beautifully done wealth of information!

 photo 65b3949d0fb04c0b45d3de25a34971e9_zpsd7aea135.jpg

Here is a great idea for you crocheters!  A Japanese Flower crochet scarf.  Isn't it beautiful?  I know, just gorgeous and a great way to make use of all your yarn scraps.  I found this on Attic 24!  I could see myself doing a whole blanket like this. It's just so pretty!

 photo needlebook9_zpse3b2f334.jpg

The most beautiful Needle Caddy I have ever seen. It's on Sewing Room Secrets.   It made from a series of quilted hexagons put together in a very pretty way.  It's just GORGEOUS!  I love little things like this that I can sit and do when I watch the telly at night.

 photo 0ff01f27a125c2e40ff8bca71025b025_zpsde22ef28.jpg

The most adorable paper/button flowers.  Such pretty bright colours.  I have a huge button box and tons of papers.   These are so sweet and easy to make.   From Urban Comfort.

 photo IMG_1383_zpsfe1d7f2c.jpg

A tutorial on creating water colour blooms On Alisa Burke.   So pretty.   And easy to do.   I love it.  There are a lot of tutorials on her page for all sorts from gardening, to birds egg nests (so pretty) to coil baskets.  Go take a look.  I'm sure you will fall in love!

And that's it for this week. I  hope that you found something to tickle your fancy too!

A thought to carry with you through the day . . .

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~


“You can become blind 
 by seeing each day as a similar one.
 Each day is a different one, 
 each day brings a miracle of its own. 
 It's just a matter of 
paying attention to this miracle.” 
~ Paulo Coelho

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

 photo SAM_4090_zps444bb93c.jpg 

In the English Kitchen today . . . the perfect Steak Rub . . .

and

 photo SAM_4130_zps251bef19.jpg 

A delicious herb marinade for chicken.  All for grilling.   You can find the recipes here.    

And in case you missed it yesterday  . . .  

 photo SAM_3903_zps029ac841.jpg 

Sauteed Cod Loins with a Mango Chipotle Sauce.  

This week has just whizzed by.  Have a wonderful Friday!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

 

10 comments:

  1. Soooo MANY lovelies today, Marie! I love those Japanese crocheted flowers--can definitely see a blanket with all those! So sweet those hexagons. I've caught the hexie bug--and this summer hope to try some hexie paper piecing. Such good food too--YUM! Wishing you & yours a wonderful spring weekend there. :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracy! I'll be by for a visit later today. I have time to catch my breath today. It's been a busy week! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to tempt me and things to try. I love them Marie. I have started a new blanket out of the African Flower pattern. I am making centres now and I hope this one will grow outwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to start a new blanket too Suzan. Every time I see a new pattern my mind changes about which one I want to do! Your last one was amazing! HUGE! What a labor of love! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the nicest things to show. I often take time to check out something I want to make on the internet . It's amazing just how much stuff is out there and most of the time I find what I'm looking for. The only drawback is that there is never enough time or the energy for all I'd like to do.Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, I know what you mean! I will never ever have enough time to do all the things I want to do! Have a great Friday! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to be Pinning away on your FFs today..All lovely and fun..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monique, like minds and all that! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late do blog catch-ups today after being offline sick for a few days.

    You've found some wonderful things again - I'm amazed at the things you show every week. My favourite this week has to be the mini greenhouses. Why didn't I think of that? I'll be going out tomorrow and buying some of those storage boxes. I've so many seedlings that need to go out to make room for other plants, but it's still frosty at night. This is ideal! Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marie. I hope that it works well. I am so sorry to hear you have been poorly. ((((hugs)))) I hope you are feeling a lot better now! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!