Monday 14 April 2014

Small and Wonderful Things

 photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 photo kittykatmarynEaster2014_zpse1d1ba4f.jpg

Happiness is a kitten with a pink nose, pink ears and big black whiskers . . . oh and a smile that goes all the way from here  . . . .  to there!  I do believe this is the sweetest kitten I have ever seen!  Kitty Kat Maryn makes this loving grandmother's heart beat a little bit faster.


 photo copyrightThoseIlike_zps87bb754b.jpg

A little something I worked on last week as and when I could.  A little girl, sitting on the moon, holding an owl.  Why an owl?  I don't know!  It just came out.


 photo img007_zpse5b1b507.jpg

It's probably not a very good owl either, but . . . it's an owl.  And it looks happy sitting where it is.   I suppose that is what counts.

 photo 1e7515a2d9cc8866676e4a46c076d244_zps7e03a471.jpg

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
The Soul that rises with us,
our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory
do we come From God,
who is our home:
Heaven lies about us
in our infancy!
~William Wordsworth, Ode to Immortality

I discovered this poem at the weekend.  As you know I love poetry and these words spoke to my heart.  The Gospel is true.  We are eternal beings with an eternal purpose.   This tiny dot on the page of eternity that we call life . . . is only a tiny dot on the page . . . there is ever so much more.  We were, we are  . . .  and we will be again.

 photo Maryn_zps8fbaa9c3.jpg

"Dance is the hidden language of the soul."
~Martha Graham

I love this picture of Maryn that I once again scooped from Facebook.   It at turns makes me feel really happy and then really sad.  Happy for this delightful little girl who has some of my blood running through her veins and who brings me joy each and every time I see a photograph of her . . . little glimpses of her beautiful spirit and joyful nature.   Sad because . . .  I am so far away and she doesn't really know who I am, and probably never will.  You know.  I love all of my children and there is nothing any of them could do that would ever change that, nothing . . .  they are a part of the very fibre of my being and I don't think there is a day that passes that I don't keenly feel their loss.  It shouldn't be this way.  I am grateful for the little snippets I get from their lives, even if I do have to steal them.  

 photo d3f28701f8a2eb2e9febb7fdefaa90a4_zps340df76b.jpg

If I could only rub a magic lantern and make it not so . . .

ahh . . .  but I have many other blessings in my life, and I must be content.  I believe in a God who will ultimately right all wrongs.  

“Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.” ~Jeffrey R Holland    



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Dressed Club Salad Sarnies.   So tasty.   A fork and knife sandwich!  And . . .  there's Bacon!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

Have a wonderful day!  May it be filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things!


 

7 comments:

  1. Oh Marie, that Kitty Kat photograph is something to cherish. ♥ ♥

    What a lovely little grand daughter you have and I can understand why you would want to live closer and be more of an everyday presence in their lives. Families can be complicated, providing sdome of the greatest moments of love, but also sometimes the most cruel moments as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this day for what it is. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marie. It is pretty special. Yes, families are the most beautiful of things and also the most hurtful of things. The trick is to find a balance if you can.

    Thank you Suzan. God bless you too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a great scooper of pictures too. I love the fact that some of my far away children do post them. Thankfully I do have a few close by and some that can visit now and then. Our families give us such great blessings for sure. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Facebook is a really great tool for me Pam! It's the only way I know what's going on in the kids lives! You have a great day too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is PRECIOUS.
    And your dish sounds delish:)

    Glad Facebook is around:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too Monique! Are you on facebook? xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!