Tuesday 26 April 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, April 26, 2022


Outside my window ...

Its clear and dry and cool, but promises to warm up as the day goes along.


I am thinking ...

I never thought I would feel this happy again. I am happy and content. No regrets. At peace.


I am thankful for ...

The principle of Grace.


In the kitchen ...


Air Fryer Chicken Wings.  Finger licking good!


On my "to Cook" list ... 


How Sweet Eats.  Summer Pesto Mini Meatball Soup.  This looks fabulously delicious!


Good to know ... 


Mom 4 Real.  I don't have any at the moment, but periodically there are flare ups! 


I am wanting to create ... 


Love THIS, but its in Dutch. 



 

Up Cycle Me.  Fabric covered hangers. 


 


The Make Your Own Zone.  Love this, still. 




Sewing with Scraps.  Make your own shoe laces.


Recyled Crafts. How to make a clothespin easel.  


I am reading ... 


 

Starling, by Kirsten Cram 

Alice Quinn's young life has never been marked by stability, and it's about to turn upside down again. When her mother decides to move from their small Canadian town to an area that is even more remote, Alice is left to navigate the strange and hostile community on her own. 

She is befriended by a classmate named Remy, who hails from his own bleak circumstances, and the two forge a bond that helps buffer the forces prevailing against them. The story follows Alice and Remy through the everyday beauties and terrors of childhood, revealing their breathtaking resilience while at the mercy of whims and cruelties beyond their control. Despite the vile treatment Alice endures at the hands of her teacher, the persecutions of a local bully, and the disturbing presence of her mother's new boyfriend, she retains an outlook on the world marked by optimism and wonder, enhanced at times by her own imagination. Remy, who is enduring physical abuse at home, harbors a more cynical approach to life. 

Between them and with the assistance of a mysterious neighbor, the children find a haven for their bright and curious minds, as well as the essence of meaning they are both seeking in this grim and exquisite, unpredictable world.

I have only just started this. I used to follow Kirsten on her blog Tollipop. I loved her art.  When I saw she had written a book, I just had to get it. So far its quite good! 

I am looking forward to ...

Summer.  Maybe a few road trips. Going to the shore. Seal watching, etc.

Dreaming about ... 

 

Tiara's made from pearls and gold  . . . 


 

Window seats . . . 


 

Sparkling bracelets  . . . 


 

Carrot Cake . . .


 

Forget-me-nots . . .

Something to watch ...


Ina Garten on Discovery +  Be My Guest.  I love Ina.


Makes me smile ... 


My brother is coming down to NS for a visit in June!  I am really looking forward to seeing him again!   

Corners of my Kingdom ...




When you've got something to say, you just gotta say it!  Actually I caught Cinnamon mid-yawn. When I talk to Eileen on Messenger she always wants me to send photos of the cats.  This made us both laugh. 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*And great grace
was upon them all.
~Acts 4:33•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! You are so lucky to have your son to help you. A move at any age is stressful, but at our age, mega stressful! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Seems to me..an outsider looking in..that your life is much richer now:)Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Monique! I do have my moments. I sometimes feel sad at all the time wasted, etc. but you cannot change the past. Only look forward! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Cute little clothes pin easel. Your brother's visit will be here before you know it. The antics and photos of the cats, could be documented in a book. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make a great book for sure Linda! I am in love with the clothes peg easel! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It's that Carrot Cake that has caught my attention today ....oh my ...isn't that a sweet way to decorate one ! Oh ..Cinnamon ! So sweet too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable Debs! I love it. Love my cats too! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!