Thursday 28 April 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   


 


Farm fresh eggs. My sister and I each picked up a dozen not too far from where I live the other morning.  They are small at the moment as the chickens just started laying, but they are very nice.  A friend of mine on FB posted a video yesterday of herself putting her chickens in for the night. Oh, that sound that chickens make . . .  the cooing . . . the clucking.  Made my heart melt. 

 


I love chickens.  They are such docile creatures for the most part.  If I was younger and had a house out in the country I would have a few hens. 

 


Moss and flower covered stone steps . . .  this makes me think of Sizergh Castle that we went to see near Kendal in the UK. Such a beautiful spot.


 


White picket fences  . . . they are so heart warming  . . . 


 

A well laid out garden . . .  this is beautiful.  Such a lot of work, but stunning. 


 

Old cookbooks . . .  I love them and find them to be very interesting. I love the history of recipes and seeing how things were done. I used to love to watch the Victorian kitchen. Such a lot of hard work back then to do things. I am grateful for modern conveniences! 


 


Spring Lilacs . . .  won't be too long now, about a month I guess.  They smell so beautiful.  So lovely when you bring a much into the house. Mom loved her lilac bushes.


 

Waffles . . .  all those lovely little pockets to hold the butter, syrup, etc. Crisp edges.  So yummy.


 

Misty mornings  . . .  they hold such promise. Usually when the mist burns off you have a beautiful day to look forward to! 


 


Oh that I could  . . . maybe in my younger years. A lot of work . . . 


 

Patterned rolling pins  . . .  so pretty.  I got myself some wooden cookie molds before Christmas last year, but never did find a recipe I felt confident enough to use them with.


 


I love this  . . . its the bees you see  . . . I love anything with bees . . . 


 

That fresh smell . . .  heaven on earth . . . 


 

This . . . .  a simplified life  . . . its the best life of all  . . . 


 


Fresh herbs  . . .  I so want a small herb garden, in pots or window boxes  . . . just a few things, like thyme, basil, parsley, sage, rosemary  . . . 


 


I love making collages . . .   

 

Swedish meatballs  . . .  I have not made any in a long time now . . .  I love them  . . . 


 


Baby's breath  . . . 


 

Viola  . . .  pansies . . .  anything with a little face  . . . 


 

Such elegance  . . . do you think people who live like this take their lives for granted? 


 

White jugs  . . .  


 

Piano  . . .  if I can get a handle on my health crisis, I have promised myself I will learn. 


And those are my favorite things today  . . .  I hope some of them were yours also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*You get in life what
you have the courage to ask for.
~Oprah Winfrey•。★★ 。* 。 


I'm not sure I entirely believe that.  But I think if you are willing to also put in a lot of hard work it can be true.  

  


I managed to find myself a 2 cup Brown Betty Teapot on Etsy for far less than they wanted to sell one for on Amazon.  I thought the price on Amazon was ridiculous. You could get a 6 cup one for far less than the 2 cup one. Anyways, crisis averted. This one reminds me in a way of the one my mom had, and its coming from Canada. I hope it arrives intact. Finger's crossed.  (Brown Betty Tea Pots, another one of my favorite things!)




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Jam Tea Cake.  Delicious and simple to make.

I hope that you have a beautiful Thursday. (How did that happen?  The last one in April too!)  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       




4 comments:

  1. Glad you found your Brown Betty teapot replacement. Love all your favourite things, especially that pretty rolling pin. Enjoy your day, my friend. Love and hugs, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you found a beautiful Brown Betty - I love it! And such a sweet post - I like all the things you like. And oh that rolling pin!
    Hope you're feeling well,
    Mary XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get our farm fresh eggs from the farm behind is, delicious. So glad you found Brown Betty. Still chilly but sunny today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!