Friday 22 April 2022

My favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I had to go to hospital early in the morning for blood tests and then just did not get back on track!  I hope nobody worried!  Sorry about that! 



 


Chocolate Bullion Bunnies on a blouse . . . 


 


Sigh . . . 

 


Baby ducklings.  They're so sweet. There used to be a pond in Matfield near where I lived in Brenchley. Every spring there would be ducklings and goslings. There was even a sign on the road that noted their crossing. So adorable. 


 

I used to love ordering seed catalogues and planning gardens.  It was so much fun.  I wish I could find someone to do my garden here. I will have to ask the girl down the road if she knows of a gardener that could come and clean mine up. 


 

This!  I love storing beans and rice and other dry things in mason jars and seeing plants on windowsills. 


 

I love LOVE drying racks. I keep saying I am going to buy one, but haven't yet. I would love to be able to dry my laundry outside to get that fresh smell. 


 

Fresh herbs  . . .  I miss my kitchen herb garden in the UK.



Vintage plates  . . . 


 

Tomato Soup and grilled cheese  . . .  is there anything more comforting?


 

White on white on white  . . .  love, love, love  . . . 


 

Good chocolate . . . 


 

The art of Lucy Grossmith . . . this is called The Walled Garden.  I Love it.


 

Reds and whites  . . . 


 

Butterflies  . . . I miss the peacock butterflies we got in our garden in Chester. So beautiful . . . 


 

Garden swings  . . .  


 

Embroidery  . . .  so beautiful  . . . 


 

Quilts  . . . 


 

Wood cook stoves . . . 


 

Crochet blankets  . . . 

 

Fireflies  . . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week  . . .  Maybe some of them are yours too! 




Here are my two munchkins this morning, still squeezing into that small basket.  Its a good thing they love each other! 


 


What a difference from last summer!  My how they have grown!  



 



They both used to sit on the TV tray with plenty of room to spare!! 
 


 
And in the bowl on the coffee table.  Its hard to believe now!  Oh my how I love them!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*People will forget what you said,
People will forget what you did,
but people will never forget
how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelou•。★★ 。* 。 


Is it just me, or do you feel guilty feeling happy when there is so much tumult in the world?  I feel guilty feeling happy.  I know I shouldn't but I do.  



 



In The English Kitchen today   . . .  Air Fryer Turnip Fries. These are amazingly delicious!  I couldn't stop eating them!!

I hope that you have a beautiful day today. It started off overcast here but the sun is coming out now. Whatever you do today, be safe, be happy, be blessed, and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       








12 comments:

  1. Missed you yesterday, but glad to see post from you this morning. Darn real life interfering. Hope the tests went well. After a rainy Thursday it is sunny today. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope the tests went well also! We have had some beautiful weather lately! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We have a beautiful start to the day but rain is moving in later on. I do love wood cookstoves. One of my aunts had one when I was young. It warmed the kitchen right up. It's a good memory for me today !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aprils showers bring May flowers Pam! I had a Mennonite wood cook stove in one of the homes I lived in and I loved it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. It is sometimes hard to count your own joys in the face of the suffering of others. It makes me feel guilty sometimes. I so wish everyone could be happy and safe! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! Hope all your test results are positive. 👍🏼
    Yes, I too, do feel guilty feeling so happy and enjoying life.
    Heartfelt concerns. Prayers. 💞 xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would love a laundry rack . The people who lived here before us took it with them when they moved, leaving me with just the holes in the ceiling .
    Praying for all those suffering with fear and anxiety . I think we are all feeling it . Do what makes you happy today and don't over do looking at the news . There is nothing we can do . Agree with Elizabeth above -"we need to try to feel happy when we can !!" 🕊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Debs! How bad that those people took the laundry rack. I am still debating getting one. We shall see. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie..I'm responding to your question about "feeling guilty for my own happiness when there is so much strife and suffering in the world today".....my answer is "no". I lived my life as a nurse for 40+ years, a widow for 40 years, raised a wonderful successful happily married daughter, have a brilliant hard working grandson, am now retired alone, as I have lived most of my life, alone. "no" I did all I could to bring goodness to this world..now is my time to relax a bit. Now the world happenings are in the hands of the next generations ....hopefully they can be as strong as God blessed me to be. I still do what I can by donating to charities I love, i.e. St.Judes Hospital in my country. But the world has always had tremendous problems and will continue to have...until finally God comes. No need to feel guilty..be happy and thrive now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Lynney. Like you I do what I can, but wish I could do more. oxox

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!