Wednesday 6 April 2022

Wednesday thoughts . . .

 


I was sitting here this morning thinking about all the wonderfully talented people there are in the world. I am surrounded on all sides by people with talents and skills that often go unnoticed. You may think you haven't got a talent to share, but trust me when I say  . . .  everyone has talents of one kind or another. And I have been blessed to be surrounded by people who are not afraid to use them.

There are the encouragers.  The people who always take the time to leave a kind word or positive message.  These are the people who cheer you on towards your finish line. The ones who lift up instead of tearing down. Over these past few years I have been blessed to be surrounded by many, many lift-uppers, many of them YOU who might be reading this right now.

You who took the time to drop me a kind word or even just leave me a hug.  Being able to lift the drooping arms of others is a great talent.  You are appreciated.




 I am looking forward to the warmer weather when I can enjoy seeing all the beautiful gardens of those who are talented at gardening. There is a lady down the end of my street, Jane.  Her garden is beautiful. She even has a raised bed which I think is gorgeous.  Most of the gardens here on this street the residents make a great effort towards creating something beautiful. I think my BIL is going to come over at some point and sort mine out.  I am not sure when he will be available to do it.  That is another talent people have, helping others out when they need it.

I love to see the photos online of other people's gardens.  It brings me great joy to be able to see the fruits of their labors. There are so many talented gardeners out there, and aren't we blessed to live in a time when we have the technology available to us to be able to share these special blessings and talents with others. 


 

I am blessed to be able to embroider my days with the musical talents of others.  I put on the radio stream of my church, or I tune into music and the spoken word on You Tube.  Listening to good music always helps to make my busy days that little bit sweeter.  Sometimes I will just listen to piano music. I especially love to listen to the music of Paul Cardall. 

I discovered him a number of years back. He had written a beautiful piece of music for a little girl with heart disease called Gracie's Theme. I loved it then, I love it now, and I never fail to think of that sweet little girl each time I hear the tender notes of that song.

Music which inspires and makes our lives a bit sweeter  . . . .  another great talent.


 


Some people have great artistic talents.  And I don't mean the great masters.  The world is filled with simple, ordinary folk who through the blessing of modern technology are able to share their talents with the world. Sharing, teaching . . . I could sit for hours and watch art tutorials or look at pieces of art created by these humble everyday folk who take the time to share their talents with others. I hope they know that in the sharing of their talents they are blessing the lives of others.   

And then there are those who can knit, or crochet  . . . sew . . . there is so much inspiration out there.  Simple people sharing the things that bring them joy.  Joy shared is joy multiplied.


 

Some people are great teachers and I don't just mean people within the walls of our learning academies. My life has been greatly enriched by watching the tutorials of others, watching them cook, sew, crochet, knit  . . .  or even share uplifting stories and lessons they have been taught through the tragedies or experiences of their lives.  The ability to share these things in meaningful ways can never be under-estimated. 

I have been taught many things through the gifts of others and their abilities to share their life's lessons.  There are so many brave and inspiring people out there.  Bravery and inspiration, that is also a great talent.

What heart fails to be cheered at the sight and sound of someone putting their all into something, sharing their best  . . .  even if they are off key, or a bit out of step . . . sharing your best is always a wonderful and valuable thing to do.  It enriches your life and the lives of others.


 

My life has been enriched in countless ways over these past weeks as I have watched the efforts of so many people reaching out to help the refugees of the conflict in the Ukraine.  People sharing their many talents in ways to support, uplift and provide real hands on help to all of those in need.  Giving of their abundance to those who need it most.  Being able to give and share of your abundance is probably one of the greatest talents of all. I am reminded of the story in the bible about the Widow's mite.  This widow at the temple where Christ was teaching put all that she had . . .  but a mite  . . .  into the alms box.  It was a meagre offering when compared with the riches which had been put in by others.  But it was all that she had and that made her offering the richest offering of all the offerings which had been given. 

If you give of your all . . .  share the best  . . . be it inspiration by word, thought or deed . . . financial . . . or otherwise.  Just sharing a portion of your abundance with those who need it most  . . .  that is a talent. 

And we all have talents to share.


My world was frosted with glitter this morning.  Already in the few minutes since I took this photograph the glitter is melting and that roof you see so abundantly frosted is already laid bare beneath the growing warmth of the sun . . . 

I love waking up to a world that glitters. 




I could not help but share this photograph with you as well.  They do so love each other. I am so happy that I opened my home and heart to the both of these wonderful little creatures.  They enrich my life in so many ways.  I love how they continue to tuck themselves into that wee basket and somehow make it fit.  I need to get them a larger one or one with a few baskets to tuck themselves into.  Sigh   . . .


We had a lovely time here last night.  The porchetta was delicious. So delicious it got almost all eaten up. I had made mashed potatoes for my dad as he loves them.  I roasted some cauliflower in the juices from the porchetta, naughty but very nice, and then  cooked some carrots as well.  For dessert we had sugar free Jello with squirty cream.  The best part was being together. I love together-times. They are the best times of all!


And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Everyone wants to be the sun
to brighten up someone's life,
but why not be the moon to
shine on someone's darkest hour.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。



In The English Kitchen today . . .  Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta.  I share the recipe for two people, but personally, I cut it in half yet again to serve just one. This is quite simply delicious, with fresh asparagus, cherry tomatoes, chicken, pine nuts, pasta in a creamy pesto sauce. 


I hope you have a wonderful day!  Be happy and be blessed.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   



8 comments:

  1. Im with you so grateful for mentors! And nice kind people:)
    You share all you know..you're one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! There are so many inspiring kind people out there. Aren't we blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are in that group of encourages, teachers, shares, with all your recipes and sharing of ideas. Those are the kinds of people we all need. It is nice and sunny today, been out and about in the garden a bit, just lovely to walk around and see all the plants coming back to live. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda! I really miss my garden in England. I miss walking around it and seeing the things coming up and back to life. I hope to do something with my garden here this year. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love this post ! A beautiful tutorial in itself . Have a lovey day everyone .. be full of inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, too! So many great insights, Marie. I look forward to your blog each day and I love Wednesday's "thought for the day". Let's be the moon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love to think of us all as moons! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!