Tuesday 19 April 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, April 19, 2022

Outside my window ...

The cats are sitting on the windowsill watching the world pass by.  The garbage truck should be here soon and they will be very excited about that. We are supposed to get a rain and wind storm today. There is a weather advisory in affect.  I do have to go out this morning to have my summer tires put on the car, but that's all I need to do.  

I am thinking ...

I am remembering the lovely time we all had here together last evening with our Easter Dinner. We had ham, scalloped potatoes (I made some mash for dad as he doesn't really like scalloped potatoes), carrots, peas, and Cindy made her special sweet potatoes.  I cooked some flaky rolls (Pillsbury) and we had an apple crisp for dessert that my sister made, with some whipped cream on top. The best part was being all together.  I love these family times. They are the best of times and I have missed out on so many of them. I hope that I get to enjoy quite a few more in the years to come.

I am thankful for ...

I talk to my father every morning and every night. My sister about every day and my oldest daughter every day as well.  My two oldest sons make it a practice to facetime me frequently with their boys. I have two beautiful and loving cats. I have all that I need financially.  Life is full and happy and better than I ever envisioned it being. I am truly blessed.

In the kitchen ...

 


Lemon Cheesecake Fluff. This delicious dessert is sugar free, gluten free, keto, low carb, diabetic friendly and ready to eat in five minutes!  It doesn't get too much better than this when it comes to sugar free and dessert! 

On my "to Cook" list ... 



The Seasoned Mom.  Sour Cream Chicken. Looks and sounds delicious!

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 



Wool DIY Inspiration only for this sweet little tin pin keep. I love it.



Hello Sewing.  How to make a bucket hat. 




Love Crafts. Loving the colors here! 




Rose Oliviera on IG.  How to crochet a hexagram. Love the colors also. 




Attic 24 Wreath inspiration.


I am reading ...




Starling, by Kirsten Cram 

Alice Quinn's young life has never been marked by stability, and it's about to turn upside down again. When her mother decides to move from their small Canadian town to an area that is even more remote, Alice is left to navigate the strange and hostile community on her own. 

She is befriended by a classmate named Remy, who hails from his own bleak circumstances, and the two forge a bond that helps buffer the forces prevailing against them. The story follows Alice and Remy through the everyday beauties and terrors of childhood, revealing their breathtaking resilience while at the mercy of whims and cruelties beyond their control. Despite the vile treatment Alice endures at the hands of her teacher, the persecutions of a local bully, and the disturbing presence of her mother's new boyfriend, she retains an outlook on the world marked by optimism and wonder, enhanced at times by her own imagination. Remy, who is enduring physical abuse at home, harbors a more cynical approach to life. 

Between them and with the assistance of a mysterious neighbor, the children find a haven for their bright and curious minds, as well as the essence of meaning they are both seeking in this grim and exquisite, unpredictable world.

I have only just started this. I used to follow Kirsten on her blog Tollipop. I loved her art.  When I saw she had written a book, I just had to get it. So far its quite good!


I am looking forward to ...

The end of the Pandemic, the end of the War in the Ukraine, hopefully some day soon. 


Dreaming about ...

 


Fields of poppies


 

 Breakfast in bed and a balcony with a view  . . . 


 


Pink roses  . . . . 


 


Blue hyacinth  . . . 


 


Violas in clay pots  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


 

Hillsong a Mega Church Exposed.  On Discovery +  Fascinating.


Makes me smile ... 



Love this  . . . 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Her favorite spot  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*You may not control 
all of the events that happen to you,
but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
~Maya Angelou •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

3 comments:

  1. 44 in Georgia; snow in Ohio; might expect more in Nova Scotia. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the tail end of the blizzard that went through Manitoba a few days ago, everything white by 9:30 pm, but roads and paths clear this morning, perhaps rain this afternoon to wash the rest away. I keep my pins in a tin, might just have to cover it like that cute one. Lovely time with your family yesterday. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!