Thursday 7 April 2022

MY favorite things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.    



 

I am thoroughly enjoying Julia, which I am watching on Crave here in Canada.  I think Sarah Lancashire is doing a fabulous job of portraying the icon Julia Child.   Its fascinating to see just what Julia had to go through to get her show produced.  And look, she became a cooking icon. Many of us cut our culinary teeth on her! I highly recommend!  


 


Candles. I love them. Any size. Any shape. Any time. Any where.  I do have my favorite scents.  I like my home to smell like I have been baking something tasty! 


 


Springtime Daffodils.  It won't be long now! 



Trains with Pullman cars. Such elegance . . . 


 

Vintage fashion   . . .  they were so elegant and stylish. I also happen to love the color pink! 


 


So pretty. Some people just have a knack for putting things together, colors, patterns, fabrics . . .  this is lovely.


 


Picnics  . . .  I love picnics. We never went on any as a family when I was growing up. My mother had an aversion to being outside with bugs, and especially with eating out of doors.  I, myself, am not fond of flies or wasps, but I do love a good picnic.  The UK was a fabulous place to picnic. 


 
(source


Chocolate covered dates.  I adore them. The first time I ever tasted one was at the Borough Market in London. It was love at first bite. 


 

Frou frou  . . .  I love anything frou frou . . . tulle, ruffles, layers  . . .  so pretty  . . . 



 


Oh my  . . .  loving the bows . . . 


 


Can you imagine being lucky enough to live here?  Oh my  . . . 


 


Chocolate Puff Pastry Rolls  . . .  look at those layers  . . . I can almost taste them . . .


 


Another stylish and pretty grouping  . . . 


 


Whoopie Pies  . . . .  yum  . . . 


 


Classical music  . . .  love it  . . . 


 


Chinese Lanterns  . . . 


 


Crisp crusty  flutes . . .  cold butter, cornichons and chacuterie  . . . bliss.


 

Anne  . . . I love Anne  . . . 


 


Nature and all its beauty  . . .  


 


Truffles  . . . .  yum  . . .  they melt in the mouth  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  Maybe some of them were some of yours!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Its not happiness that 
brings us gratitude.
Its gratitude that
brings us happiness.
•。★★ 。* •。★★ 。*  




I am making good use of my leftovers in the kitchen today with a delicious Toasty Leftover Porchetta Sandwich! You could actually use any kind of leftover roasted meat to make this tasty sandwich.


I hope that you have a lovely day!  Whatever you get up to, stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   

6 comments:

  1. Such pretty bedding:) I smile because Jacques received a pillow w/ his phot w/ Lucas at football..with worlds best grandad written on it..Our room is yellow and white and florals..and his pillow is large and blues and greens lol and now sits smack in the middle of the bed and I have a furry bolt dog:)To heck with decor;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we love and which have meaning to us are the most important Monique! That pillow of J's sounds really special and I would love to see your furry bolt dog! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I saw a tree full of blooms yesterday. First one I've seen this year. I guess Spring is finally coming out way. I love the colors of spring !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is springing Pam! No blooms in the trees here yet, but I don't think it will be long! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So many lovely favourites, Marie. Love the red and green bedroom. Doesn't look Christmasy just bright and crisp. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like pretty things Elaine! I agree! Not Christmassy at all. Just pretty and bright! Love and hugs to you always, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!