Tuesday 5 April 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, April 5th, 2022


Outside my window ...

The ground is covered with snow from yesterday, the roof-tops too. But I expect it will soon melt. It is -2 and we are in for a sunny day, with it warming up to a high of 8. Yesterday a male cardinal flew to my veranda railing and sat there looking at the window.  He was so pretty.


I am thinking ...

Sitting here eating my overnight oats thinking it tastes like dessert.  Large flake oats, coconut milk, a tiny bit of date syrup, and a TBS of my sister's cinnamon almond butter. Yummy yummy!


I am thankful for ...

Another day.  A new beginning. A fresh page.  Life begins anew every morning.


In the kitchen ...



Low Carb Double Chocolate Mug Cake.  My sister had made one of these the other day and remarked on how good it was.  I am staying away from sweet things but could not resist trying this. It was fabulously tasty. Dense and fudgy. Very filling. I could not eat the whole thing!


On my  "to Cook" list ... 



Feel Good Foodie   Chicken Burrito Bowls.  Everything I love.


Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 

 


Flat mail mini folder tutorial on You Tube.  I love the idea of making interesting mail. 




No source, but simply adorable.  Looks fairly easy.  Cute! 




Its Charlie Brown!  Love this! I could not find a source to link up to.




Again, no source, but I do love this. 




This is really cute.  Its a kitchen in a mint tin. Momo Design


I am reading ... 



Marilla of Green Gables, by Sara McCoy

A bold, heartfelt tale of life at Green Gables . . . before Anne: A marvelously entertaining and moving historical novel, set in rural Prince Edward Island in the nineteenth century, that imagines the young life of spinster Marilla Cuthbert, and the choices that will open her life to the possibility of heartbreak—and unimaginable greatness. 

 Plucky and ambitious, Marilla Cuthbert is thirteen years old when her world is turned upside down. Her beloved mother dies in childbirth, and Marilla suddenly must bear the responsibilities of a farm wife: cooking, sewing, keeping house, and overseeing the day-to-day life of Green Gables with her brother, Matthew and father, Hugh. 

 In Avonlea—a small, tight-knit farming town on a remote island—life holds few options for farm girls. Her one connection to the wider world is Aunt Elizabeth "Izzy" Johnson, her mother’s sister, who managed to escape from Avonlea to the bustling city of St. Catharines. An opinionated spinster, Aunt Izzy’s talent as a seamstress has allowed her to build a thriving business and make her own way in the world. 

 Emboldened by her aunt, Marilla dares to venture beyond the safety of Green Gables and discovers new friends and new opportunities. Joining the Ladies Aid Society, she raises funds for an orphanage run by the Sisters of Charity in nearby Nova Scotia that secretly serves as a way station for runaway slaves from America. Her budding romance with John Blythe, the charming son of a neighbor, offers her a possibility of future happiness—Marilla is in no rush to trade one farm life for another. She soon finds herself caught up in the dangerous work of politics, and abolition—jeopardizing all she cherishes, including her bond with her dearest John Blythe. Now Marilla must face a reckoning between her dreams of making a difference in the wider world and the small-town reality of life at Green Gables.

I have just started this but am enjoying it immensely.

I am looking forward to ...

Having Cindy, Dan and Dad over for supper tonight. I am cooking a Porchetta roast! It should be good, at least I hope that it is. I have never cooked or tasted one before! 

Dreaming about ... 


 


Little felt hearts  . . . 


 


Pretty cages  . . . 


 

Easter Cakes  . . . 


 
(source


Powder blue  . . . 

 


Pretty blooms  . . . 


Something to watch ... 



Dirty Dancing  . . .  old I know, but every so often I just have to watch it. Love the music and the dance.


Makes me smile ... 



 


Jake and Baya from last year.  Jake always makes me smile.  He's quite the character.


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Nova Scotia dusk  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Every positive thought is a silent prayer
that can change your life.•。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. That Charlie Brown eh?♥I've tasted porchetta ..You might know Diana(Diane) her son is a chef and for their wedding renewal vows her son served the guests one..It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "Dirty Dancing" too and watch it every once in a while. Enjoy your dinner with your dad, Cindy and Dan. I'm off to do my exercises. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! I finally got my hands on some wrapping paper, so I will soon have your package in the post! Enjoy your day also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Chilly and overcast here, but no rain or snow. Enjoy family time at dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!