Thursday 14 April 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   



  

Wednesday night dinner with dad and his friends.  I did not have fish and chips this time. I had the turkey dinner. I like turkey and its usually pretty good. The last time I had fish and chips it was very overcooked and I didn't enjoy it. I thought it would be pretty hard to overcook a turkey dinner.  It had mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, gravy, carrots and corn.  I didn't eat the corn. Dad had the scallop bits and he really enjoyed them, plus he had apple pie with whipped cream for dessert and really enjoyed that also!  The best part is just being able to have dinner with him. He likes me being there for some reason. He says I am a good conversationalist. But really to a man, that is anyone who talks. lol




Paint afternoons with Cindy, my sister.  I so enjoy spending time with her. We went to Walmart/bank/Sobey's in the morning and then in the afternoon I went back to hers so we could paint for a bit.   We did a mini Monday madness from Ellen Crimi Trent, and it was truly madness. Both of us had no success. haha  It was just fun being together.  That's the best part. I am so grateful for these times.

We've always been pretty close. When we were growing up we would sometimes fight about clothes and stuff (when we were teens), but despite that we were close. I love my sister very much.


 
(not my cat)

I got my cats a cardboard scratching house yesterday.  I had been wanting to get them one for a while, but was worried about how big the box was going to be so was waiting for my sister to be with me. It ended up not being that big at all.  Anyways, brought it home and put it together for them.  I thought they might enjoy it.  I am sure they get bored sometimes, even though they have each other. There is not a lot of space here for them to explore.  It is all cardboard so who knows how long it is going to last, but at least they will enjoy it for a while, and making them happy makes me happy.





Another one of my favorite things is to watch my cats at play. Yes, they are very spoiled.  I will spend money on them before I will spend any on myself.  It just brings me great pleasure to make them happy.  Its a bit selfish of me in a way!


 


Vignettes in little boxes. I wonder what happened to the Alice in wonderland one that I made. I hope that wherever it went to someone is enjoying it. My doll house as well.





Washi tape. I love, Love, LOVE Washi Tape and stickers! Can you ever have too much? 




Journaling. I love putting down special thoughts and experiences. Taking note of the tender mercies, etc. in my life.  Hopefully one day my descendants will want to read them.  You never know.




I love popcorn, but it doesn't love me.  I can't really eat it anymore. I remember when the children were young, we were given a hot air corn popper for Christmas one year. We surely did enjoy that. It was a gift that brought us many, many years of enjoyment. We would often pop corn of an evening to enjoy together while we were watching a movie on the television. The kids loved it, especially if I put butter on it!  (And that was most of the time!)  Occasionally I would buy them a pack of Jiffy Pop so that they could watch the bag expand on the stove, but that was a rare treat.  Usually it was popcorn from the hot air corn popper! 

On a side note, my sister makes the best caramel corn/poppycock!




I love this quote.  But then again I have a soft heart for Elder Uchtdorf. I always enjoy his talks and Elder Holland's talks more than any others.   I do not think I am alone in that. 

I think my page has become rather boring.  I know you are all too kind to say so.  I am going to try hard not to be boring and predictable from now on.  I think I have been in a bit of a rut I suppose.  I used to do art and knit and crochet, etc. These days I don't do a lot more than work and sleep.  My life is rather unexciting really. 


Covid means that I haven't been able to get out and do a lot of the things I might do otherwise. My sister and I are going to get out walking, or at least that is the plan. I am not sure (sad to say) how far I will be able to walk at first. My arthritis is very bad these days, which makes a lot of movement excruciatingly painful a lot of the time, but I have been giving in to it and I need to not do that.  In any case I am going to try to make things not so boring here, and I thank you for sticking with me even through the boring and predictable! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Pointing out the good in others,
helps us find the good in ourselves.
~Larry Lawrence•。★★ 。* 。





In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Salisbury Meatballs & Gravy, the small batch.  Deliciously simple!

I hope you have a lovely day! My dad is coming to town today to get a hair cut and is going to stop by for some lunch. Just a grilled cheese sandwich, but it will be nice to see him anyways!  I never got to enjoy things like this in the UK.

Whatever you get up to  today, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   


14 comments:

  1. Painting WITH someone you love is a treat:)So peaceful and zen.
    What's boring about what you are doing lol?I think many of us especially the last 2 yrs plus ..have led very quiet little lives..The US doesn't seem to have stopped as much and vacay destinations lol..thousands in pools together:(
    Your dollhouse:(
    What did they all do? A big sale or something?:(:(
    Cindy is a great influence on you.
    4th shot yesterday aka second booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing anything with my sister Monique! yes, our lives have gotten very quiet. I am amazed that in the US they managed to tape television shows and everything. They sold what they could and gave me the money, but most things were just donated to charity and then what couldn't be sold or given was chucked into a big bin. Yay on the second booster! None offered here yet! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good morning Marie. I just have to say your blog is anything but boring. I come here every morning to start my day. I have read your page since 2007 and I love all your stories, sharing of ideas, recipes and everything else. I think your family is blessed to have this documentation of your life to look back on someday. I hope you have a great day and look forward to tomorrow's words. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anj! I hope that one day this will be seen by my family as a journal of sorts. That's why I started doing it in the first place! You have a great day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Boring and predictable? I don't think so! Your posts are always interesting, Marie. I always enjoy hearing about your comings and goings. Your recipes are always a treat. Enjoy your lunch with your dad. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. I think you are a bit biased, lol. Love you! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Paint afternoon sounds fun, which is the important part. No popcorn for me anymore either, just doesn't go with diverticulosis. Damp day today, we went out for breakfast. Stores are crazy busy with it all being closed tomorrow. You might feel you are boring, but it is always enjoyable to come here and visit.Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, its a big pain with diverticulitis for sure Linda! We had a really rainy day today here! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I have recently discovered your blog and find it charming, not boring! Greetings from California, USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam in CA! Welcome! Its always nice to make a new friend! xoxo

      Delete
  6. You are always busy and never boring. It may not be in doing spectacular things like travel but the every day can be fulfilling too. I don't do very exciting things either but still never have all the time I'd like to do things. Enjoy your lunch and have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! Your blog is always very interesting also. I love it! xoxo

      Delete
  7. You are not boring. 😊 I look forward to your blog each day wondering what you might have been up to. Right now your life is filled with lots of family time which is a blessing to you. ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. Yes, my family is a great blessing to me! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!