Monday 25 April 2022

Smalll and Wonderful Things

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  


 


Having Sunday Supper at Cindy's.  She made spaghetti. Her sauce was fabulous, loaded with lots of chopped vegetables, and the beef (from Goucher's Farm Market) was the best.  She cooked pasta for dad and Dan and she cooked spaghetti squash for herself and I. It was fabulous. She cooked it in her air fryer. It cooked really fast in there and was perfect. I think it was 20 minutes on 375*.   I am going to get a spaghetti squash and cook one here at home!  I loved it.

The best part though is being together with family. 




I've got all kinds of grapy hyacinth growing along the back of my house. Its really pretty.  Glenna's daffodils are in full bloom across the road. Spring is springing.  It won't be long before the apple trees are in bloom. There is nothing like apple blossom in the springtime. The Valley is well known for it. I wonder if there will be an Apple Blossom Festival this year?

My sister's lilac bushes have buds coming out on them and there are loads of bulbs popping up all over the place.

I've been thinking about what I want to do in the garden here. I  think I might get a couple of railing planter/window boxes for out front and put some pansies or whatnot in there, maybe marigolds.  And then two hanging baskets for sure. I would like to grow some herbs, but we will see.  Everything has to be up off the ground for me.



I ordered a desk. It should be here by Saturday next. Hopefully my sister will help me put it together. It will be nice to have a space to work that isn't my dining room table.  Its nothing spectacular. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. But it will fit in nicely with everything else.  I haven't quite decided where I am going to put it yet.  But I will. Maybe the bedroom. I have to think about it. 




I am really getting a lot out of this book by Emily Belle Freeman.  I have read several of her books, including Grace Where You Are. She has such wonderful insights on the scriptures and how they pertain to our lives and the Gospel in general.  I find myself wondering about how did she get to smart about these things. She is a scripture Giant. I can read the scriptures (and I do) but I don't get half of what she is able to pick out from them.  And when I read her insights, I am like wow, yes! I get it.  Some people just have a great talent for these things, and I am grateful for that. 

I am grateful for the rhythm of Grace.




These two little munchkins and the joy that they bring into my life. I know you must get tired of me saying that, but its true.  They have added immeasurably to my life.  I am a person who loves to love and has a need to share my life with somebody, something.  My track record with men is zilch, not going there again, but I am pretty good with animals!  Animals have never let me down or disappointed me.  


My mom used to tell me a story about how when I was about 4 years old I had gotten in trouble for something and I was sitting on my Grandmother's veranda in Lawrencetown cuddling my grandparent's dog Patsy, and I was saying, "You still love me Patsy."  Animals never let you down or disappoint you, its true. Their love is unconditional.  I don't know how anyone can be cruel to an animal, but then again I cannot comprehend people being cruel to people! 




The kindness of others.  Where would I be without it.  I daren't think about it.   I have been on the receiving end of so many kindnesses through the years and especially the last few years.  It ahs made a huge difference to my life. When I think back on all of the sad moments in my life or the times when I was in trouble, there have always been others dispensing kindness towards me as well, softening the blows, making things that little bit easier to bear.

It costs nothing to be kind.  And I am so grateful for kind people and their services to me through all the years.  I think it was Mr. Rogers who said that whenever disaster hits, we need to also look for the helpers.  They are always there.  And I am living proof that the helpers are always there. God's angels and hands on earth.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day as time is marching on! 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Be happy so that
when others look at you,
they're happy too.
~anon  •。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Creamy Loaded Fauxpotato Salad.  Its delicious. It will never quite be potato salad, but its a pretty good substitute!

I hope your week ahead is filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things, pockets of joy.  Along the way don't forget! 

‎═══════════ ghೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒghೋ ═══════════ ‎
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!   











8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacques has had a corner desk forever ..very practical! Good for you!You need a desk:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desk looks great and you will get lots of use out of it. My daffs have opened up, crocus just about finished, and hyacinth starting to bloom. Garden boxes for your railings will mean you will be able to look after them. I can't imagine you being anything but kind. Rain today. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Linda! Its the season for rain, but think of all the May flowers! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice desk! Enjoy your day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!