Monday 11 April 2022

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
 

 


I've been experimenting a lot with baking sugar and gluten free. I am grateful that there are a multitude of ingredients available to use these days. Much more than was available years ago.  Most of the things I have made are quite satisfying on the day.  I do have to say however that the staying power isn't there. Overnight things seem to harden up.  Cookies become hockey pucks, although still being quite delicious. I am not sure what the solution is to that.  Plus sugary things seem to crystallize, such as sauces. I will persevere.  There is fun in the trying.  

 


I slept really well on Saturday night. In fact I fell asleep early and did not wake up until about quarter to six Sunday morning.  I had to teach a lesson in Relief Society/Priesthood and usually if I have to teach a lesson or give a talk I do not sleep well at all the night before. In fact I have had some nights where I have not slept at all.  I was really pleased. I was able to go to church feeling well rested and capable.  I was very grateful for that.  My lesson went well.  I felt good about it at any rate!  




These two munchkins. They bring such joy into my life.  I am sure you get tired of hearing that.  One of the best decisions I have made over this last year was to get them.  I am so grateful to Elaine for the name inspiration as well. Their names suit them perfectly.  Cinnamon and Nutmeg to go with my mother's Ginger and Pumpkin. 




“I have wept in the night 
At my shortness of sight 
That to others' needs made me blind, 
But I never have yet 
Had a twinge of regret 
For being a little too kind.” 
~C. R. Gibson

I know that there are a great many unkind things and people in the world, but I like to think that there are a great  many more kind things and people. I try to dwell on the kind, not the opposite.  Life is much better when you try to live in a circle of light. Kindnesses, kind people, good deeds, etc.  are all a part of the light.

 

 


The music I choose to listen to is also a part of the light I choose to live within.  I have this pretty much on constant play on YouTube on my television or laptop.  The sound of the tabernacle choir is very uplifting. I could listen to and do listen to them for hours. They feed my spirit with positivity, and then there are the words and thoughts that are spoken at interludes. Also positive and uplifting.   This is my favorite radio show and I would love it even if I did not belong to the church.  That which feeds your soul in a positive way is never a bad thing in my opinion. 




I love this quote from Call the Midwife.  I have had it written on a scrap of paper and kept in my bedside table for a very long time now. It traveled with me across the ocean. I am not sure what it is about these words that touch my heart, but they do.  



Being able to partake of the sacrament worthily on Sunday mornings. For months and months, well over a year and then some I was not able to do so.  Being able to remember the Savior in this way is really important to me.   It is a reminder to me each week of the goodness of God, and gives me a refreshing opportunity to renew my covenants with Him in a meaningful way.


 


I have been blessed with a wonderful family and I thank God for them every day. My father, sister, brother, Dan, my children, grandchildren, etc. I am so grateful for this family I was born into. They are everything to me.

This afternoon my sister and I are taking my father to a nurse's appointment and then going to that store where you can buy stuff from Costco.  I am looking forward to spending time with both my sister and my father. 

My life is not what I expected it to ever turn out like. I had never thought that I would be spending my golden years on my own with only two cats for company, but it is a very good life nonetheless. I am grateful for all of the experiences which have brought me to the place where I am now.  For the tearing down and the building up. 

Life is what you make of it really. You can look at life in a positive way, or a negative way. Its a choice we make. I have made it my goal to try to choose positivity every day.  I may not always achieve that goal. I am not perfect. I still have some days when I fail at this goal, but for the most part I am doing very well and I am grateful for that.  I do have sad moments, everyone does. I try to move past them as best as possible.  Being able to do this is a special blessing in and of itself.  A truly tender mercy.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The happiness of your life
depends on the 
quality of your thoughts.•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sugar Free Lemon Pudding Cake dessert.   This makes only two servings and is gluten and sugar free. It is very delicious as well!  Yummy!

I hope your week ahead is filled with loads of small and wonderful things. May your cup runneth over!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, positive thoughts❣️….enjoy your day! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Call the Midwife, coming from an area close to Poplar makes it close to my heart. Enjoy the day, hope you get some good deals from the store that sells Costco things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!