Friday 1 April 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   




Paint your own Brick Book Library for outdoors!  What a fab yard/garden decoration.  From Kalumni





Fish for Friday, but in the form of a knitted hat.  How utterly unusual.  Found on Ravelry.   Talk about a conversation starter!




An apron pocket fashioned from a shirt sleeve.  Cute!  I love it!    I found this on Cutie Pinwheel. 



 
A sweet country table topper.  Love the pattern, using calico prints and whites.  Found on  American Patchwork and Quilting. 



 

Make your own toothpaste from scratch, and it is supposed to taste good.  I might give this a go.  Although it wouldn't have flouride in it or stuff for sensitive gums.  From Live Simply





Using Washi Tape for the edges of your journal pages.  What a unique and pretty idea.   Found on Flickr.   Photo by Kelly n Warren.  




How to use transparent tape to pick up printed words for collage types of art.  From Birgit Kerr




No pattern.  Just inspiration.  From Dottie Angel.  She has a book entitled, Granny Chic. 


 



I love, Love, LOVE the colours in this blanket.   On my wish list.  From Posie Gets Cosie




I love this crochet shoulder wrap from Drops Design.  I think it looks quite elegant. 

 

 
Curtain tiebacks made from old silver forks. Blissful Blooms.   But I love the curtains even more than the tiebacks.   They're so sweet!  




 

Recycled T-shirt Rug Tutorial by Miaou.   I love these types of small rugs. 



 
Inhabitat.  Tutorial for making your own Vintage Teacup Candles. 



 
25 Newspaper Crafts.   From Red Ted's Art Blog


 


I have come across a few recipes that asked for Tomato Powder.  This might come in handy.  Found on Self Reliant School




Doll House Pot Holders.  A complete tutorial, found on Freda's Hive.  These are adorable. 



 
I also love LOVE these heart shaped ones from The Dixie Chicken, another complete tutorial.    To my way of thinking you can never have too many pot holders! 






I love, Love, LOVE these counted cross stitch pin cushions.  ADORABLE.  From THIS PAGE.  






If you've been reading me for very long, you will know I just adore red and white toadstools.  So as you can imagine I totally love LOVE this handcrafted toadstool brooch.  I could not find a source.  *sniff *sniff* 



 
Maximize your Kitchen storage.   There are some really great ideas here.  Loving this undersink storage for a start.  Found on My Home Ideas


 


THIS is a fabulous idea.  Using a garden wall planter for off the counter storage in the kitchen, for fruit.  I love it! I could not find a source. 


 


Ingredient Substitutions.  How many times have you gone to make something only to find you are missing one ingredient.  Perhaps there is a substitute?  Found on Cents Less Deals





I quite like this sweater which I found here


 


I also really, really like this one . . .  Of course I would have to buy out the whole yarn store to have enough yarn to make one in my size.
 


 
Love this Granny Square Scarf with PomPoms.  From The Sewing Mistress.  What a great way to use up yarn scraps! 



 

From Redheart, Chequerboard Textures Throw.  Kind of like a crochet sampler.  You could do it in all different colours.   Wouldn't that be gorgeous. 

And those are my Friday Finds for this week.  I hope that you saw something of interest for you here!

Cindy and Dan are coming over today. Cindy's going to help me purge the sugar from my cupboards.  You know, the things I shouldn't be eating.  It will be a great help and I think Dan is going to help me flatten my cardboard and bundle it ready to put out with the garbage weekly.  I am so blessed to have these two in my life to help me.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Whatever you are
be a good one.
~Abraham Lincoln•。★★ 。* 。 



 

There is nothing totally new in The English Kitchen today, but I am re-sharing my Low Carb Fish Pies.  Recipe makes two generous servings. 


I hope you have a wonderful Friday. I think we are in for a wet one here. Its already +14 out there this morning.  Quite mild!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

12 comments:

  1. Happy April, Marie. Lots of inspiration in your post today. Enjoy your visit with Cindy and Dan. It's snowing here today. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Love you! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy and challenging day at your house. I would never be able to purge all the sugar from my cupboards. I have a big sweet tooth that must be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sweet tooth also Pam, but it is killing me! xoxo

      Delete
  3. A productive day in store..fun! I made that scarf wish it was in those colors hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do the scarf in those colors! xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and BIL are a real blessing to me. You are lucky to have such a son. I am praying and wishing you well with your move. Life is hard, but I think worth it. Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hope the purging went well. How is the gluten free going? Windy, blowing snow today, downright cold! Hope your weather is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Struggling so much with gluten free, but I notice a difference when I indulge as compared to when I stay away! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!