Thursday 31 March 2022

Thursday this and that . . .

 

 
(source


Oh how I have always wanted a brass bed.  I think ever since I was a child.  For years and years my sister and I shared a big double bookcase bed. It had a white veneer bookcase headboard.  I shared a bed with my sister from the time she was old enough to go into a bed and we moved to Nova Scotia. I was 11 and she was 8, so a good long time.  In Nova Scotia, I kept the bookcase bed and my sister got put into a fold away cot, which was probably not very comfortable to say the least.  We had a four bedroom house at that point and so we each got our own rooms.  This was the way it stayed until we moved into a three bedroom house when I was fifteen/sixteen and my sister and I had to share a room together again.  At that point mom and dad got us two single divan beds. I never minded sharing a room with my sister really.  We had our moments for sure, but . . . they were always underscored with a deep love for each other.  


 



I dropped off all of my income tax stuff yesterday morning.  What a beautiful area of Nova Scotia the tax accountant lives.  Its weird actually because his place is right across the street from my late Great Uncle Fred's house. His back deck overhangs the Nictaux river and I spent a few minutes taking in its beauty.  When we were children we used to visit my Great Uncle Fred a lot. He had the most magnificent gardens in this area I think.  He irrigated them via a hose he had running down to the river, which was just across the road I guess!  His gardens were filled with roses and other flowers and lots and lots of vegetables.  His lot was sloping and he had a garden shed built into the side of the slope. You could get onto the roof of the shed. We would get on the roof and hang over the edge, peeking into the windows of the shed. He had a naughty calendar on the wall which we found quite interesting. We had never seen anything like that before.  Mom and dad would be inside visiting.  He also had a garden glider swing which we enjoyed swinging on.

So anyways the tax stuff is dropped off and I am just waiting to hear what comes next.  What will be will be.




I stopped to visit with my sister on the way back. I had to drive right by her place and so I thought why not!  I am sure she was surprised to see me.  I think that is probably the first time I have just dropped by without being invited. I never want to intrude upon other people's lives and I don't know why I feel that way because I am always happy when someone drops in on me and do not see it as an intrusion. I guess I need to stop thinking about myself as being an intrusion! Family is never an intrusion. She might think differently, but I don't think she does. She seems to be quite happy to see me. 



 


My artwork arrived and I hung it up.  Thy Faith Hath Made Thee Whole by Eva  Koleva Timothy  The colors are stunning. I am not sure I like the frame I had gotten for it.  I had not realized that the insert was plastic, not glass and it seems to reflect the light too much.  If there was ever a person in need of being made whole again, that was me.  I have always loved the story in the bible of the woman who touched the hem of the Savior's garment and was healed.  This piece of art spoke to me of that and also embodies the way I feel that the Savior's love and my faith has helped me over these past months. I vowed not to accept anything into my home that did not have meaning or inspire me, and this certainly has both. 

It is such a beautiful piece of art.  My foot care lady came in late morning and she remarked on it right away and how much she loved it. 

 


The foot lady was there about quarter to twelve. I had thought she said 1 pm, but I must have gotten it wrong. Its a good thing I was back by then!  (On a side note, what a comfy looking chair.)  She is the same lady who used to do mom's feet. She cut my toenails, etc.  I know it is a bit of a luxury.  When I worked at the manor I used to go to a Chiropodist every six weeks and my feet always felt like a million dollars. This is not quite the same, but my toenails are nicely trimmed, etc. I struggle to cut my toenails.  I think a lot of people do as they are getting older.  Because I am a diabetic I need to be very careful when it comes to my feet, so I guess they are worth the expense. 

She was quite the talker. The conversation kept flowing.  I have another appointment in May.  It seems far off, May  . . .  but it is only six weeks!  I will have been in my play for one whole year at the beginning of May. It hardly seems possible that a year has gone by that quickly. 




Cinnamon is holding down the neighborhood watch this morning.  She is my little huntress.  She is ever watchful and very quick to pounce. Probably because she is a lot smaller and more lightweight than her brother. She moves much faster. She loves to sit in the window and watch everything that is happening on the other side of the glass.   I don't think even a blowing leaf misses her watchful eyes.  The other day there were two big seagulls across the street. They were easily twice as large as she is.  She was fascinated. 



And then there is Mr. Handsome, my little Lion King.  I have this blanket that has fleece on one side and this furry stuff on the other. He loves to lay on it. He sucks on it and kneads it with his paws.  I was cuddling him on my bed yesterday and he was purring away. Such a contented sound that was. My heart melted. 

They have both moved to my bedroom windowsill now and are keeping watch out the back of the house.





I was reading this in bed last night. (Yes that cover is the artwork of Eva Koleva Timothy also.)  I could read Emily Belle Freeman for hours and never tire of her. She has such an inspiring outlook on life and our relationship with the Savior.  Last night when I was reading she was talking about her friend and how her friend had told her about this lad in her Ward that was leaving on his mission and how he had been asked to give a talk on his relationship with Jesus Christ.  And he had started by saying, "Jesus is my oldest friend."

Afterwards in my pondering time I thought about that statement. Could I say the same thing.  And yes, I could say the same thing. From the time I was very, very young and my parents taught me how to pray . . .  now I lay me down to sleep  . . .  Jesus has been my friend.  And not just in church, with my church hat pinching my head as I sat in the pew and waved to my friend across the way . . .  or in Sunday School as I sang "Yes Jesus loves me."  He has been my friend and with me in everything.  As a new mom leaving my first husband with my infant baby in my arms, getting bravely on a bus to go home to my parents.  He was with me.  When I had to fly across the country from Alberta to Eastern Canada all by myself, with three very young children, and being pregnant for my fourth. Homeless and again going home to be with my parents.   Again, he was with me. After my fourth child when I was struggling with Post Natal Depression, and having been told my oldest daughter was developmentally challenged,  curled up in a ball on the floor of my closet not knowing where to turn.  He was with me. 


I could go on and on.  I have had  a life beset by troubles and challenges and uncertainty . . .  filled with times when I had to be stronger than I had ever thought I could be, but through them all, Jesus has been my friend, and yes, with me. I love Him. He IS my oldest friend.  How very grateful I am for that relationship. 




I have been watching Surviving Death on Netflix.  Interesting to say the least.  I am not sure how I feel about all that stuff.  I do believe in an afterlife and I do think there is something to be said for all of these near death and death back to life experiences that people have.  I am not sure about mediums and their craft.  There is a part of me that wants to get one and communicate with my mother, nephew, etc.  but there is another part of me that wonders if that it not a bunch of hokum, the medium bit.  I've also been watching Life After Death with Tyler Henry.  He scribbles on paper as he communicates with the dead.   I am not sure what to think about all that. I found myself in the shower last night wishing that I could talk to my loved ones in the afterlife, finding some bit of comfort for myself or for others.  I am not sure that we are meant to be in communication with the dead.  When I was a girl my mother was very much into card reading and the Ouija board and psychics.  I had some very unsettling experiences with her and the Ouija board, so much so that I was actually afraid of it.  I am not sure we should be dabbling with things like this.  

I know what it says in Leviticus in the bible. “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God." Leviticus 19:31  I think I will stick with that.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for today. I am still in my pajamas and I have to drive to the next town to put some money in my other account to pay my bills in April. I wish I could figure out how to pay them via my account right here in town. It would be so much easier. My credit union doesn't have a visa debit card, which means I was unable to set up direct debits for them. Its a bit of a pain having to move money about. It wasn't so difficult when the other bank had a branch right in town, but they have closed it down now, so I need to travel  a distance to get to it now.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Failure is not the opposite of success,
it is a part of success.
•。★★ 。* 。 




Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Amondine. This delicious chicken casserole is filled with lots of chicken, rice, vegetables and crisp almonds!  Quick and easy to make as well.


Have a wonderful Thursday!  Be happy. Be blessed. Be safe. Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



7 comments:

  1. I think Ouija boards are evil. They can let evil spirits into our world. I believe we'll all be together again when we reach heaven and that's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about that Pam! They are evil for sure. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I never pop in anywhere w/out asking..even my children..I don't think they would have lasted 17 yrs across the street had I:)
    I could be wrong..But I think a family needs it's space.
    It's different with two sisters I am certain.
    I used to do an older lady's feet:)
    I have no idea what's happened to her since she moved..

    Take care!
    The accountant's home sounds dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never pop in as a rule, but on this day was driving right past. Their car was there and I have been told, come any time. I never have but did so on impulse this day. How kind and generous you did an older lady's feet. What a beautiful act of love. I am not surprised. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I tend to agree with you on that Pam! I believe and know we will all be together again when we reach the other side. I wish everyone believed and knew that. There are many who don't and it would be such a comfort for them to have this knowledge in their hearts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted a brass bed, too, but settled for an iron bed with brass finials. My sister and I shared a room, too. We had twin beds. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((hugs)))) about your sister Elaine. I think an iron bed with brass finials is a beautiful thing also! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!