Thursday 24 March 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   

 


Baking. I never saw myself as a baker really. My sister was the baker. I always saw myself as the cook, but I am coming to realize that I just love preparing food. Be it baking or otherwise. 


 


The smell of the wood trucks when them rumble down off the mountain. They have a very distinct smell. It reminds me of when we would get out Winter's wood in and would be splitting and stacking it. 


 


Frosty mornings. We are having one of those this morning. The frost has painted all the roof tops and the yards, the cars across the way.  Its brisk and fresh. 


 

Blue and white china.  I had once painstakingly collected a whole service for 12 of Blue Willow from the Grocery store.  It took quite a while. I was so proud of that set of dishes.  Each week when you shopped you could buy one place setting for a reduced price. You could also purchase extra bits such as serving bowls, etc. My budget did not run to them, but I had the plates, bowls and sandwich plates. 



 


Sheep. They are such gentle and docile creatures.  There is something pretty wonderful about waking up to the sound of sheep in the meadow. Pretty wonderful indeed. 


 


Chicken pie. I love any kind of pie really, but when it comes to a savory pie, chicken pie is my absolute favorite. 


 


Roast chicken and everything to do with it. Can there be a more comforting meal?  With crisp roasties and stuffing and gravy  . . . peas, carrots.  Yum! 


 


Squirrels. They are so cheeky.  I know they can be huge pests, but they have such personality. They are fun to watch.  I follow this account on Instagram. Jill the Squirrel.  Jill is a squirrel which was rescued during a hurricane by her owner.  She is really entertaining and so cute! 


 


Warm wraps and hot drinks  . . .  on chilly days . . . 


 


Swedish meatballs . . .  there is a recipe at the link. Looks good. 



 


Chips . . . I just can't say no . . .

 
Hat boxes . . . 



 


Fresh French pastries.  The ones in France are magnificent.  


 

Hedge Hogs  . . .  they are so cute. 


 


Piano music  . . . especially Paul Cardall  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  

Enjoyed my supper out with my father and his two lady friends last night.  I was a bit concerned that our waitress was not wearing a mask, but all the other ones were. Also when we went to leave people were piling in,  all un-masked and crowded around the door and exit. No social distancing at all. I was very uncomfortable with the whole thing. I don't think I will be going again for a while. It was too far out of my comfort zone.  I did not like it one bit.

Also last night there was a RS Birthday get-together at our chapel. I did not go in person, but I attended online.  I gather most of them were unmasked also.  


I am not happy about any of this. None of it makes sense. It hasn't gone away. Its still here and very active. There are more cases and more hospitalizations nationwide than there were during the months when the virus first started.   The wearing of masks is still recommended, although not mandatory. Social distancing is still recommended. Keeping your close contacts to small consistent groups is still recommended. People are still dying from it, even if they have been triple vaxed.  You don't know if you will be one of those or not.  I am as tired of all of this as anyone is.  Pretending its gone or that we no longer have/need to be careful isn't a solution.  I do not like this.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The only person you 
should try to be better than
is the person you were yesterday.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Loaded Baked Potato.  With broccoli, cheese and bacon. One of these is incredibly filling!  And delicious I hasten to add. 

Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and stay happy.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   





5 comments:

  1. I hate squirrels lol:) Anything garden destructive ;) Skunks groundhogs.. when you know you know:)
    I'll be keeping my mask..numbers rising and we havent even dropped the mask mandate yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are real garden pests Monique. I am not a gardener so I don't notice their destruction as much as you would. ((((hugs)))) I think you are lucky the mask mandate has not been dropped. I wish it had not been so here. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I went to a Spring concert last night for one of my grandson's. Hardly anyone had a mask on but I did, so I felt safe. I'll keep wearing mine until this virus is completely gone. Better safe than sorry they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a Spring concert last night for one of my grandson's. Hardly anyone had a mask on but I did, so I felt safe. I'll keep wearing mine until this virus is completely gone. Better safe than sorry they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the mask mandates. I wear mine and wish we all still were. It's a sad thing that is has turned into such a political thing. Like you, I live alone and have a kitty - and you have the two sweeties - and there is only me to take care of myself and them.
    Love your blog,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!