Tuesday 22 March 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, March 22nd, 2022

Outside my window ...

Its cold and snowing a very fine snow. I am sure it would feel like needles against the face. The bin men have just been through. I always hold my breath every week wondering if they will take my garbage or not. That is my age old fear of rejection coming to the surface I think!  It appears I don't think I am good enough even when it comes to my garbage,  lol

I am thinking ...
Yesterday I shared with my daughter that I would not be able to see her in person until I felt totally safe.  She and Tim have decided that they are no longer going to wear masks or socially distance, etc. now that all of the mandates have been dropped. I don't feel safe being in close contact with people who are not still practicing caution. I felt bad explaining this to her, but I have to do what I feel is right for me. She accused me of not loving her, being paranoid, not having enough faith, etc. I am a bit angry with our Government. They are dropping all the mandates but still saying that whilst the mandates have been dropped, they still recommend that people continue to wear masks and proceed with caution, sticking to their consistent groups, social distancing, sanitizing, etc.  Even Doctor Strang is saying he will continue to wear his mask. To be honest I was not comfortable spending time in close contact with Eileen and Tim before as they just hang out with whoever, but a small measure of comfort was there because I knew at least they were wearing masks.  Now  . . .  I am not comfortable at all.  She said to me, "I'm going to tell my dad."  like it was a threat.

I know I have to make allowances for her learning disability.  But it still causes me distress.

I am thankful for ...
The power of discernment. I pray to have it every day. The ability to know right from wrong, to make wise choices and decisions.  I think I have made a wise decision, even if it might seem like a wrong one to some people. I need to protect myself, my father, my sister and Dan. None of us are in good health and all of us have underlying health conditions that put us at risk.

In the kitchen ... 



Buttermilk Biscuit Muffins.  These are fabulously tasty!  Especially served warm with lashings of butter and jam. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 



Six Sisters Cheeseburger Wraps.  These look yummy. 

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 



Backroad Bloom.  Easy pot holders. 



A Beautiful Mess.  Rice heating pad. It looks like a cat. Cute! 



 
Fluffmonger.  Booper the Cat, free pattern and tutorial. Cute! 


 


A Little Craft in Your Day. How to sew perfect hems. 




Sew Very Crafty.  How to sew a closet safe. 


I am reading ... 



Grace To Become, by Emily Belle Freeman

God’s plan for each of His children includes progress, increase, and transformation. At the center of that plan is Jesus Christ, who offers enabling grace through His Atonement. This enabling strength includes saving grace, which helps us overcome, but also exalting grace, which helps us to become. 

In her signature meditative, soul-expanding style, Emily Belle Freeman explores how each of us can receive the power of Christ’s exalting grace as she draws out connections and parallels in the story of Abraham and the covenants that lead us to eternal life. 

A companion to Grace Where You Are, this book will help you better understand the relationship between faith and works as you seek transformation in your own life. Discover how both our incremental progression and our ultimate exaltation are made possible through grace.

Emily Belle Freeman could write a book about rocks and I would enjoy it. She is that kind of writer. 


I am looking forward to ...
General Conference which is coming up in two weeks time. I am excited to hear what our church leaders have to share with us. In preparation I have been listening to and reacquainting myself with one talk a day from the last conference. 

Dreaming about ... 

 


I love the smell of a pipe  . . . 

 


Spring blooms  . . . 

 

Pansy's  . . . 

 

 
Beautiful bumblebees  . . . 

 

 

Lemon tarts  . . . 

Something to watch ... 




Skin Decision, Before and After on Netflix.  I think these two doctors are doing amazing things.


Makes me smile ... 



Yep  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


 

A snowy morning  . . .   

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*When you help someone up a hill,
you get closer to the top yourself.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


12 comments:

  1. The same here too. Many people are no longer wearing masks. I am still wearing one whenever I go out, but many in my own family are not. I haven't stopped seeing them and hope I don't regret it. I'm sure they wouldn't come around if they were not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is Pam, they have no boundaries because of their learning disabilities. And I cannot trust their judgment. A few months ago my daughter had a really bad cold and insisted on going to work anyways because she said it wasn't Covid as she could still taste and smell. It may well have been a cold, but without proper testing you cannot know for sure. I just don't feel safe around them. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I don't think you're being overly cautious about Eileen and Tim not wearing masks. Perhaps her dad will agree with you. You've got a lot of people to be concerned about. The PSW just left and it's time for breakfast but first I'm going to take a look at those biscuit/muffins. Enjoy your day, Marie. Try not to stress. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure with a lung disease her father is still wearing a mask and he doesn't see her unless he is taking them for groceries and its Tim's mother's turn for the next 3 or 4 months so it is probably not an issue with him. I did not like the fact that she used that as a threat in an attempt to manipulate me, but I will overlook it because I love her. I am sticking to my guns. Hopefully a day will come in the near future when I don't have to be so concerned! I think you need to try the biscuit muffins Elaine, they are excellent! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid we will just see more division..some will judge non maskers and vice versa...

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE how the mishandled issues with this mess have divided us from kin!!! I am not convinced that wearing masks religiously does any good (did not keep us safe) but none the less, I do believe masks and cautious behavior might keep one from other germs...all which can help the immune system...and good hygiene of course!! Which is so lacking in most these days. I DO blame the govt for this mess...I do not think it was totally an accident...maybe timing-wise it was but the question remains as to why they were messing with it anyway...and now Pandora's box is open and some docs say we will have to contend with it forever now...in one form or another...no matter what Marie, we can never please another human being 100% of the time...whether learning disabled or not...we have to do what we feel best and let the chips fall where they may.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much mis-information out there Elizabeth. It is becoming very difficult to weed the dross from the silver. I blame Government also. I think I now need to keep myself safe because the Government is sure not going to. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good for you for sticking to your convictions about masking. I'm with you, erring on the side of caution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I think we are being left to fend for ourselves now. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I agree with you Marie and am still wearing my mask ,our Church services are being streamed on line and I am seeing lots of people going back there . Covid is on the rise again here . . . sigh . Cheeseburger wraps sound yummy and will cheer me up and your cookies just what we all need ..yes ! lol ! I love you "then we all had tea " bloggings 💐a bunch of flowers for you ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covid is on the rise here also, and will continue to be. I think we are on our own! Stay safe! xoxo PS - thanks for the flowers!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!