Thursday 3 March 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 




A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     


 



Signs of Spring. I saw a pair of robins this morning.  It is snowing lightly, but robins are a good sign. Spring is on its way. In the UK it was bumble bees . . . the big fat fuzzy bumbling ones. 


 


The needle arts  . . .  love them all  . . . 



Grateful for it.  I need to follow it more  . . .  


 


Lace . . . all kinds  . . . 

 



Bath trays and Jo Malone  . . .  love them both  . . .  



 


Leather belts and polka dots  . . .  wish I had a waist  . . . 



 


Vintage sewing machines  . . . . 

 

Woven wool fabrics  . . . 

 
 


Flowery blankets . . . 

 


Roast chicken  . . . 


 


Old tea cups and spoons  . . . 


 


Village shops  . . . green grocers, cheese mongers, butchers  . . .  miss them  . . . 


 
(source



Tea rooms  . . . 

 


Over-stuffed furniture  . . . 

 


Pretty frames . . .  love them, especially silver ones  . . . 


 
(source


Lace and denim  . . . 

 



Ducklings  . . . 

 


Vanilla cake with vanilla frosting  . . .  best cake I ever tasted was a slice of one of Peggy Porchen's cakes.  She is a cake baker in London. She made the wedding cake for the daughter of the people at the manor.  I still remember how good it was with longing . . 



 


Spring bouquets . . . 

 

 

Little houses and remembering when I painted this one  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for today. I would like to add just one last one and that is answered prayers!  Elaine is now home from the hospital!  Yay!  May she continue to feel better with each day that passes! Love you Elaine!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *As long as you wake up in the morning,
you are still in the game.
As long as you are breathing,
you are still a fighter.
Nothing can stop you from moving forward.
Absolutely nothing.
~Nichole Addison•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


Still  not feeling well this  morning.  Cramps etc. This is a particularly bad bout of IBS/Diverticulitis.  I probably need antibiotics, but who wants to go and sit in the emergency room for 8 hours when you are feeling like this . . . its been since Sunday.  I have a phone consult with a Doctor this morning at 9:40 for another reason, I may mention it to her  . . . 



In The English Kitchen today . . .  Pork Chop Schnitzel. Delicious!



Have a wonderful Thursday. Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    


12 comments:

  1. Do mention your problem to your doctor, Marie. And thanks for all your prayers. I am indeed home - 2nd day. Just waiting for the PSW to come. Lovely to see a robin. Spring is on its way. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to see a comment from you Elaine. You have been very missed. Love and hugs, xoxo
      PS - am actually getting to see the Doctor in person on Tuesday. Very pleased about that!

      Delete
  2. Elaine.. glad you are better..that was a long stay.
    Same things I favor..I would mention your issue also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I am seeing the Doctor in person on Tuesday! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hope you get help with your pain soon, Marie!! NOT FUN!! I am with you...on tasty cakes. The man who made my wedding cake and it was so yummy, told me that to achieve that taste, simply add 2 Tablespoons of shortening per boxed cake mix...and it does the trick.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice trick Elizabeth! I will have to remember that one! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you are home Elaine. Telephone consult with doctor told me to go to ER, didn't want to but spent 6 hours there before Christmas, had all sorts of tests, nothing determined, finally will get scope done on March 28 after referral from ER. A long process. Do mention your issues with doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so frustrating to wait in the ER for so long when you are not feeling well Linda. I hope all goes well with your scope. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Seeing that vintage sewing machine reminded me of the one my grandmother had and she taught me how to sew on it. Good memories for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my nan had one as well Pam! Happy memories for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hope your doctor consult went well. And, hope you got some help with the recent troubles. Sending good wishes, V. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V! I will be seeing her in person on Tuesday! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!