Friday 4 March 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   




I love LOVE these bird's nests which have been planted with Succulent plants.  No instructions, but pretty easy to do I would think.  From Chick Weed




I think these little shadow boxes are so adorable.  Found on Paper Mache UK.   I love paper mache. I once made a humpty dumpty out of paper mache and painted it in Americana Colours.  That was years ago.  I wonder what ever happened to him.   



 

Now, why am I not the type of person who thinks of things like this?  What a fab idea and so simple too.   From  Croissant and Lavendar. 


 



Look at this beautiful clothesline!  I love it!  From Vita Dromar & Busiga Barn.  What a delightful page.  It's in Swedish or some such.  




Loving this idea of wall art display.   From  Fabulous Home Blog. 





How to wash and whiten yellowed pillows.  I am going to try this on a couple of old pillows.   It looks fairly easy.  From  DIY Hangout



 

Twenty Five Vintage Baking Tips from Tip Nut.   Timeless Wisdom. 




 


How to store Fruits and Vegetables without plastic.  There is some really interesting stuff here.   Found on  Washington Green Grocer.  A green grocer would know! 



 

Any Vegetable Vinegar Pickles.  Now this will come in really handy.  I can't wait to try them.  From Love & Lemons



 

Saint Patricks Day Printables.   It's not long now before we celebrate the wearing of the green!  From The 36th Avenue




It's not quite the season for roses just yet, but here is something to bookmark for when it is.  Homemade Wild Rosewater.  You can use it for all sorts.   Found on Lovely Greens


 


Cottage Sewing Case Tutorial.  This is so adorable.  From start to finish. 


 


All instructions and measurements are given.  These would make wonderful gifts.  From The Sewing Directory.   Soooo cute!! 




A Soda Pop Can Key Chain.  A great way to recycle, you guessed it!  Old soda pop cans!  From Diary of a Crafty Lady




A, what looks to be pretty easy, fabric doll house.  So cute!  What little girl wouldn't  like this.  Actually you could turn it into a barn or a garage for a boy, so I am sure you could make one for any boy or girl.  From A Girl and a Glue Gun



 

No instructions or source, but totally sweet.  If this is yours I would be happy to add a link.  I love Bluebirds and this one is totally A D O R A B L E.   Made from pom poms! 



 

Use Your Noodle, quick and cheap, Butterfly Decor.  Aren't they sweet?  From How Does She



 

Make Your Own Fairy Garden . . . . cute.   From Little Monster Baby




DIY Pape Garlands.  Now these are so easy to do.  I might make a few for the craft room.   If you can cut and sew a straight line, you can do this.  From High Walls




Easy Meal Planning Board.  From  Life Sweet Life




The Magic Way to clean your windows.   With Spring and more sunshine coming into our lives, this is something we can all use! From the Made From Pinterest blog. 



 

For all the little Ninja Turtles in your life.   Crochet Ninja Turtle hats.   Free Pattern from Holy Jeans and My Favourite Things



 

All Natural Room Scents.   From The Yummy Life.  I am going to try some of these.  Natural has to be better for you than those sprays. 



The cutest Bunny Cake for Easter, ever . . . 


 


Completely old school, from the makers of Angel Flake Coconut.   As found on  Sillybees Chickadees.  I have made this cake this way before. It's adorable. 





String Easter Egg Garland.   An easy to do Tutorial from A Crafty Endeavor.   Simple. 



 

How to Caramelize Onions in the Microwave.   From Alton Brown.  I will be trying these. 



How the professional's grease their pans.  Professional Bakery Pan Grease.   From  Woodland Bakery Blog. 


 


Make your own Taco Seasoning.   Has to be better than the ready made stuff we buy which is filled with salt and preservatives.   From $5 Dinners


 


How to make your house feel clean, even when you don't have a lot of time to spend on it.   From Frugal Living Mom




The Miracle Laundry Whitening Solution.  Concentrated Cleaning Power.   From One Good Thing



Finally, I love, LOVE these cute little zippered coin purses.  ADORABLE.  From  Chick Chick Sewing.   She has an Etsy Shop where you can buy patterns.

And that is it for this week.  I hope you found something of interest here.  I know I did! 


 


I got one photo of one of the robins yesterday, sitting on top of the snow pile. Not long now til Spring springs.  Our clocks go forward a week from Sunday, on the 13th.



 


You would never have known that Spring is just round the corner though from all the snow we got yesterday. They were digging us out again at 9 o'clock last night. Its a beautiful sunny day today however! 


 



My two little munchkins this morning.  I don't know how they are both still fitting into the basket, but somehow they make it work.  He starts aggressive bathing eventually however and she leaves. Nutmeg on the left (Mr Bumbling Personality) and Cinnamon on the right (Miss Longsuffering. Queen of the needle sharp nail massage.)



A thought to carry with you through today  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Two things define you.
Your patience when you have nothing,
and your attitude when you have everything.
~unknown •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  






In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crispy Fried Potatoes, with sage and garlic. Yummy! 

I had a good telephone consult with the Doctor yesterday and will be seeing her in person on Tuesday next, progress!  I have to stop taking the one tablet that was prescribed because my kidney function has decreased, which would explain my tiredness and not feeling so well.  Also she is pretty sure I have not had Covid. (I was worried because of my tummy complaint.) I have to take on a Fodmap diet for a while to see if that helps.  Sigh  . . . 

And that's all I have to say for today!  Have a great day!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    

10 comments:

  1. We are warmer here and all our snow has melted but I've yet to see my first login. It is a sure sign os Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only -1 here today (at present) but the wind makes it feel a lot colder! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, my, Marie, it is still winter where you are. Glad you were able to talk to your doctor. 3rd day home for me. Waiting for the physio to come. Your time is not your own even when you're recovering. Hope you feel better soon. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the important thing is you rea recovering and that makes me so happy Elaine. I hope each day makes you feel stronger and more capable! xoxo

      Delete
  3. They are cute in the basket:) Lots of quotes would suit :)I made that cake in the 70's..hd the whole book..I lent it to a client never got it back.People and books are funny.Never a borrower or a lender be..LOL too bad that can be true.I saved that clothes line first time I saw it:)Clothes don't smell like they used to dried outside..And birds poop on them.
    No real issues here just going on..for nothing..heavy hearts we have ..Glad you talked to the dr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, people and books are a very funny thing. I have never gotten back a book I have lent out so am therefore very reluctant to lend out books, or films for that matter. I would just rather give. That way if I do get it back I am pleasantly surprised and not disappointed if I don't. Yes, my heart is heavy, heavy, heavy . . . xoxo

      Delete
  4. We can hear the robin but haven't spotted him/her yet. Fodmaps are something to search, you can find some foods enjoyable to eat. A dietician had me go through all that, led to going gluten free, which made quite the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song from a robin is such a beautiful thing. I am dreading the possibility of staying gluten free. So far I am not enjoying the options! xoxo

      Delete
  5. You found so many sweet ideas. Rose water interests me since I have organic rose bushes. I had not heard of Fodmaps, I will take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Terra! Its a very limited diet in many ways! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!