Tuesday 1 March 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, March 1st 2022

Outside my window ...
It is a bright sunny day. Very cold, but very bright.

I am thinking ...
I don't know what I had yesterday. A tummy bug, diverticulitis, IBS, what?  I am still not 100% and I still have cramps, but it is much better.  All I did yesterday was lay around and watch tv. I did not get dressed. I did not cook.  I ate a cupcake, some toast with honey, some Goldfish crackers and drank almost a whole bottle of Gingerale.  I hope to do better today.

I am thankful for ...
I don't have a lot not to be thankful for really. I am blessed. I am not sure what I ever did to be so blessed, but I am.

In the kitchen ... 


I didn't cook anything all day yesterday and couldn't face the computer so I am re-sharing a delicious Blueberry Coffee Cake.  This was a real winner! 


On my "To Cook" list ... 

 



Norinne's Nest.  Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes.  If its potato, I cannot resist! 



Good to know ... 
 


I am wanting to create ... 



The Patchwork Heart. Granny Stripe Scarf Tutorial. 


 


Robin's egg baskets for Easter. Rhea on Flickr.  Eye candy only. 





DIY Happy Easter Banner.  On Sutton Place.  Free Printables. 


 


Lauri Nana News. Bunny Ear Gift bags. 




One Dog Woof.  Cute little lamb egg covers.  Sweet.  Those would be so cute sitting on an egg cup for an Easter Morning breakfast.

I am reading ... 




The Art of Mending, Elizabeth Berg

Laura Bartone anticipates her annual family reunion in Minnesota with a mixture of excitement and wariness. Yet this year’s gathering will prove to be much more trying than either she or her siblings imagined. As soon as she arrives, Laura realizes that something is not right with her sister. Forever wrapped up in events of long ago, Caroline is the family’s restless black sheep. When Caroline confronts Laura and their brother, Steve, with devastating allegations about their mother, the three have a difficult time reconciling their varying experiences in the same house. But a sudden misfortune will lead them all to face the past, their own culpability, and their common need for love and forgiveness.

This is one of Elizabeth Berg's books that I hadn't already read. So far so good! I love her books. 


I am dreaming about ... 

 

World Peace  . . . 


 

An end to the Pandemic and Covid  . . . 


 

An end to World hunger  . . . 


 

Clean drinking water for everyone . . . 


 
(source


A world filled with love for all  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



The Chosen.  On the App, You Tube, Pure Streaming, etc.  It is available multiple ways.  I have watched it several times and am re-watching it. I get something new out of it every time. 



Makes me smile ...



Eileen and Nutmeg  . . .  we had such a great weekend together. Its unfortunate that it had to end sooner than planned. But we will do it again I am sure! 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

 
Deer in the snow  . . . my sister has deer pass through her yard frequently  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*All our dreams can come true
if we have the courage to pursue them.
~Walt Disney•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       






6 comments:

  1. So Sorry your weekend had to be cut short, but so glad you are starting to feel better !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!

    How much has Nutmeg grown! That is one beautiful cat, you are doing a good job with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you’re feeling a bit better, hope that continues. Lots of creative inspiration today. And. Oh, that Eileen’s smile, it’s contagious! Sending you good wishes, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you are feeling much better. I had read on Facebook that you were not feeling well.
    I loved the photo of your sweet daughter and Nutmeg. I'm sorry your weekend was cut short.
    That potato cake looks yummy. I did really enjoy all the cute Easter photos and links. I guess it is time to think about Easter and Spring.
    I loved all your thoughts on what you are dreaming about. I want the same things. I hate the thoughts of more war, we do need world peace. Praying for everyone in Ukraine. It's all sad.
    The Chosen series are awesome. I should watch them again too.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better..Eileen looks so happy..OMYGosh no more little minous..Big Cats lol..Gosh they don't stay little long!Not sure if I read that book..I like her writing also..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are ill and had to quit weekend plans early...but glad you got to do some of them!! That cat is huge!! I agree with you...Potatoes!!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!