Monday 21 March 2022

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
  

 



 
Having laughs with my sister.  Just spending time with my sister any time. In person. On the phone. Whatever.  Its all good.  Love my sister to bits.  I am so grateful that we get along so well with each other.  She is a real blessing in my life in every way.  





My life is filled with joy. It is not perfect, but it is a good life.  Its not the life I thought I would end up with when I was a girl, but its a joy filled life nonetheless and I have much to be grateful and thankful for. I am truly blessed.




The power of Prayer.  My daily life is peppered and embroidered with prayer.  I pray constantly. Prayers of thanksgiving.  Prayers of intercession . . .  deliverance.  Prayers of supplication. I pray for you. I pray for my family. I pray for the world. Church  leaders, missionaries, lost things . . . . found things.  I just pray continuously, without even knowing it at times. I have a prayer running through my head and say thank you Jesus a multitude of times during the day.  I used to think that there were people in the world who had needs and wants and desires far greater than mine, which were much more important than mine, and this is true, there are . . .  but my Jesus has taught me that there is nothing too simple or too ordinary to bring to Him.  He cares about ME.  And I know He listens.  Its amazing, miraculous even, but I know He hears all our prayers.  I have never had a prayer that wasn't answered in one way or another . . . even if I have not always liked the answer.  Answers come. Always.


 
art by Eva Timothy 


I ordered myself a print at the weekend and I can hardly wait for it to come and hang up.  It is called Thy Faith Hath Made You Whole by the artist Eva Timothy. It spoke to me as soon as I saw it. I have always been fascinated by the story in the bible about the woman who had an issue of blood, how in her faith she reached out to touch the hem of the Saviour's garment amidst a crowd of people who were jostling Him on all sides. She had faith that even if she could only touch the hem of His garment she would be healed. An outcast, this was her chance for a miracle.  I have been this woman. I have felt on the fringes, forgotten, broken, alone . . .  and I have experienced the miracle of God's Grace and healing.  Tender mercies.  I have touched the hem of His garment and He has made me whole again.

When I had the great blessing of being able to create a new home for myself I said that I would not have anything in it that I didn't need or that didn't bring joy, peace or meaning into my life. As soon as I saw this painting, I knew I wanted a copy of it.  She is an amazing artist.


 

The blessing of courage.  I know so many courageous people. People who face each day of their lives with such strength, not even knowing how courageous they are. Some days it takes courage just to get out of bed. I am grateful for courage, and how it enables me to just keep going and keep believing and keep becoming . . .  better, stronger, kinder, despite all odds.  Life can break you or it can make you. We all have courage.  We all exercise courage at one time or another.  We can do hard things.  We do hard things. We will do hard things yet.  And we do them with courage.




It can sometimes be hard to find the purpose in the things which happen to us. Sometimes it takes many years to find it and we only then discover it in retrospect. It is in our wilderness moments that we experience the most growth, learn important lessons and discover things we might never have discovered otherwise. Purpose helps us to turn even our most painful and hardest experiences into things of worth  . . .  so that nothing is ever in vain or wasted.  
   

 


I think I might  make some cookies today. We'll see how the day develops.  Its kind of a dull, gloomy day out there today.  Cookies are warranted I think! 

I had a great weekend.  Phone calls with Cindy and dad. Facetimes with both my brother, Doug and Jake.  Messaging with Eileen. My kit kats. Church.  The Sacrament. Sunday School.  I count it all joy.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The real things haven't changed,
it is still best to be honest and truthful;
to make the most of what we have;
to be happy with simple pleasures;
and have courage when things go wrong.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder•。★★ 。* 。 




Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Slow Cooker Creamy Basil Chicken.  Sized for only two people.  This is quite simply delicious.

I hope your week ahead is filled with plenty of peace, joy, fulfillment and wonder.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   







4 comments:

  1. It truly is the simple things in life that make us the happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting our blessings makes for a lovely day. Spring is here, another blessing. 🌷 Enjoy! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful and heartfelt post, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!