Wednesday 9 March 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, March 9th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its clear and dry.  Cool at -4, but overall not looking to be a bad day. 

I am thinking ...
About the nice day I had with my sister yesterday. I didn't get home until 3:30! We always have a great time together, at least I do at any rate!  We laugh, we talk.  We just enjoy being together. When we were growing up we always said that we would end our days together like the Baldwin sisters on the Waltons. Its not quite like that, but close enough. I'll take it!

I am thankful for ...
I have so much to be thankful for. It is hard for me to think otherwise. My life is overflowing with blessings at the moment. Its almost scary in a way because I feel like I am tempting fate.

In the kitchen ...



I did not cook anything new yesterday but I am sharing my recipe for Crushed New Potato Colcannon. Just in time for Saint Patrick's Day next week!  This is low GI and Diabetic friendly!  Oh, and very delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Recipe Tin Eats. One pan Mexican Chicken and Rice.  This looks so delicious. I love anything Tex Mex.

Good to know ... 



My sister made this fabulous chocolate chia pudding at the weekend that was low carb, no sugar, etc. It was delicious!

I am wanting to create . . .




No source, but I love this American flag pillow made with red and white fabrics and those buttons on that blue patch in the corner. I love anything Americana.



 


Again, no source.  But I love this bolster pillow. Love the variety of colors and the brightness of it.





Spun Cotton Mushrooms.  Smile Mercantile. Complete tutorial. 






I could not find a source for this vintage Easter card wreath. Love it though. Its so sweet.






Red Ted Art.  Easter Chicks. So cute!  

I am reading ...



The Art of Mending, Elizabeth Berg

Laura Bartone anticipates her annual family reunion in Minnesota with a mixture of excitement and wariness. Yet this year’s gathering will prove to be much more trying than either she or her siblings imagined. As soon as she arrives, Laura realizes that something is not right with her sister. Forever wrapped up in events of long ago, Caroline is the family’s restless black sheep. When Caroline confronts Laura and their brother, Steve, with devastating allegations about their mother, the three have a difficult time reconciling their varying experiences in the same house. But a sudden misfortune will lead them all to face the past, their own culpability, and their common need for love and forgiveness.

This is one of Elizabeth Berg's books that I hadn't already read. So far so good! I love her books. 

Getting near to the end of it now. I need to start looking for something new.

I am dreaming about ... 



Vintage travel posters  . . .  



Ceramic mugs  . . .  

 
(source


Potting sheds and the way they smell  . . . wonderfully earthy  . . .
 

 


Woodland walks . . . 

 

Stained glass windows  . . .  love the hollyhocks  . . . 


Something to watch ... 

 


The American Experience.  Watched this on YouTube.  A true story.  This is a story that has always fascinated me, ever since I read the book by Judith Rosner many years ago. 

Makes me smile ... 



He likes to be near me, and if I am sitting, he can often be found very close by. Not complaining. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Its hard to know where one begins and the other one ends.  Best of friends.

A thought to carry with you ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I walk slowly,
but I never walk backward.
~Abraham Lincoln•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. I love that quote by President Lincoln. I'm getting slower ever day but still going forward. I had a nice visit with my sister yesterday and I cherish here so. Sisters are truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think President Lincoln was a very wise man. How lovely you had a nice visit with your sister also! Sisters ae indeed very wonderful! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Its just great you adopted 2 cats Marie..they are like you and your sister:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are Monique! How blessed am I! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love that you are now able to be with your beloved sister so often! I admit I always wanted a sister. But do have a lovely brother.
    Those kitties in the basket made me laugh! How they both try to fit in there is so sweet. I am glad that you took both of them.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that I took both of them also Mary! They are great company for me and for each other. I think brothers are just as wonderful as sisters. Our siblings share something with us that we share with nobody else on earth. It is such a beautiful thing, this shared history we have. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Isn't it funny that we think -4 isn't that bad?! It's only suppose to get down to -3 tonight...spring is on it's way!

    You know I always love your daybook, I love that you and your sister are close, such a good thing. The kittens are growing so fast, they are beautiful! Seeing the Hollyhocks on the stained glass window makes me excited for summer...they are one of my favorite flowers.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday, XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! I wish I could grow Hollyhocks. I once had a house in Alberta that had Hollyhocks all along one side. They were so beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ah, those special days...glad you had another with your sister...if only there were lots more of such for us all!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!