Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, March 15th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its fully light but a bit overcast. I think we are in for a rainy day today, maybe even a wintery mix of weather.  This time of year the weather is so transitional.

I am thinking ...
With millions of Ukrainian people pouring over the borders into countries like Poland, these refugees are going to need things like just the basics.  Hygiene kits (soap, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, water, etc.), blankets, a place to sleep, something to eat, a plan . . . I wonder if anyone is organizing anything where you can donate practical things such as this?  I am thinking maybe a lot of people might not be able to give money, but they would have an extra blanket that they could give, or just anything! 

Sorry, it is constantly on my mind and in my heart.

I am thankful for ...
My life.  For the blessings which I enjoy, many of them undeserved. 

In the kitchen ... 



Irish Honey Scones.  Filled with whole wheat nuttiness, the goodness of  real butter, and the gentle sweetness of honey and milk.



On my "To Cook" list ... 

 


Mel's Kitchen Cafe.   This rhubarb cake looks fabulous. I can't wait for rhubarb season! 

Good to know ... 

  



I am wanting to create ... 




Vintage Neck Warmer Pattern.  From Ravelry.  I love it! 




Cupcake coffee cup cosies.  So cute.  FromTwinkie Chan





A Crochet Hook Storage Case.  I love it. From Naztazia.  There are actually a lot of free patterns there. 





A Tri-fold Mini Album.  From Authentique



 Junkaholic.  Inspiration for making. 



I am reading ...



The Fairest Beauty, by Melanie Dickerson

Sophie has long wished to get away from her stepmother’s jealous anger, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be her chance at freedom—but can she trust another person to keep her safe?

Gabe knows he defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the orphan girl has stolen his heart. Though romance is impossible—she is his brother’s future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else—he promises to himself he will keep her safe, no matter what.

When the pair are forced to run to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help—but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Can they find a way to protect Sophie while also safeguarding their hearts?

A play on Snow White.  A bit of fluff, but somethings you need a bit of fluff. 

I am looking forward to ...

Spring and warmer weather. Its right around the corner.  The official first day of Spring is on the 20th, Sunday next. Not long now.

Dreaming about ...

 
(source


Crème Brule and forget me not spoons . . .  


 


Bagels and Cream Cheese  . . .  used to get really good ones in Toronto  . . . 


 

Now that's a club sandwich!  (Can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet?)


 
(source


Pretty buttons  . . . 

 


Spring blossoms  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Manifest on Netflix.  Watched the first episode last night. It was pretty good.

Makes me smile ... 



Cinnamon last night  . . .  you are going to get sick of seeing these cats I am sure. 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Some of the headstones at the cemetery where mom is . . .  lots of my ancestors there. 


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Life always offers you a second chance.
Its called tomorrow.  •。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


5 comments:

  1. Rhubarb season - YES! I can't wait. Love those cupcake coffee cosies too. Manifest is good, but I'll warn you - the ending makes absolutely no sense at all. Sending spring thoughts - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind Raquel. In the meantime I will just enjoy. Spring thoughts right back atcha! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I know several places organizing donations for the Ukrainians♥Even in my small town♥
    I love The Paris Agency on Netflix..(French)
    We have been watching Pieces of Her together.The book was better..and this is ho hum..the daughter's acting is just not credible and so many things are not lol.Ooh can't watch Manifest then lol I hate endings like that.
    I am bad I keep things way longer than stated;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the lookout Monique! I will have to check out The Paris Agency. I started Pieces of Her, but haven't really gotten into it yet. I do keep things longer than stated also. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I think every day is a chance to begin again. I'm so thankful when I wake up to a new day and find I have another chance to get it right. I don't think it possible to get tired of your kitten pictures. They are so adorable. Warmer here today and I'm going to get outside for some yard work. Hope you have a great day !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!