Monday 14 March 2022

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  



 
Although my heart is breaking over the War in the Ukraine at the moment, and things feel pretty helpless I was able to give something towards helping those in need. It may not be a lot, but it is something.  If you are able to give anything at all, that is a great blessing. Giving blesses both the receiver and the sender, no matter the size of the gift.  I may not have much, but I am happy to share what I do have with those who need it most.


 




I was really pleased to be able to go to church yesterday and partake of the sacrament and renew my Baptismal covenants.  I had not been since they shut church down in mid-December. It felt good to be back. There were not many there as there is quite a lot of illness about at the moment and the weather yesterday morning was not the best with winds and blowing snow, but we made it. My friend from across the road drove.  It was nice to be there.  To commune with the Saints.  To be where I needed to be on a Sunday morning. 




 

I have always tried to keep the Sabbath Day Holy, but it becomes a little more difficult when you live on your own. Because you have nobody with you to share it with you might be tempted to become a bit lazy as far as what you choose to read or to watch, to listen to  . . .  these last weeks I have been making a bigger effort to keep my Sabbath Day Holy in every way.  By listening to good music is one way. You can listen to Music and the Spoken Word on YouTube and listen to back to back ones if you want to, or classical music, etc. That helps.  I also have two wholesome streaming channels.  Living Scriptures and Pure.  I watch only programs on those channels.  I write letters and call people who are in need of a phone call.  I just try to fill my day with things that are uplifting and wholesome and I can say with all honesty, I feel better for doing so. I carry that light with me all day and it feels good.


 


Time spent with family.  Outings with my sister. Fish and Chips with my dad. Facetimes with my sons and grandsons, my brother. Daily messaging with Eileen.  Phone calls every day with my dad and sister.  All these things are a part of what makes for a very happy life for me.  I am so grateful for these moments.  I love my family and I love spending time with them in whatever way that I can.  Its all good.  



 



Being able to see a Doctor finally in person.  I was so grateful to be able to do this with my sister also.  It was a fair distance to go, but it was great to be able to see a Doctor in person and I am really hoping that this is a way forward for both my sister and myself.  I have my fingers crossed.




These two little munchkins that fill my days with love and laughter, cuddles and kisses.  Company and someone to talk to. Yes, I talk to my cats.  Probably one of the better decisions I have made over the last year.  They have brought me a lot of joy. I love them to pieces.

I am living the best life possible. Of course it is not perfect, and there are times I wish I had someone to share it with, or I feel lonely . . .  but in reality I will probably never have anyone to share it with, and that's okay.  A good life is a good life and it is much better to be alone in a good life than to share it with the wrong person.  I am content, I feel blessed . . .   and you cannot ask for more than that.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see the shadows.
~Helen Keller  •。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Ham Steaks Sheet Pan Dinner.  This was quite simply delicious and I am looking forward to the leftovers today!


I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of small and wonderful things. Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    
   


2 comments:

  1. You were generous and gave to a great cause.
    Now there are so many places to donate..but you love him and knew where it was going.I feel the same way.

    It doesn't mean you will not share your life again with someone..
    One never knows..
    Right?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Monique. Its nice to know these people are being fed so generously. Shelter, food, love. That's all most people need. You are right, nobody knows for sure, but I cannot see it. Not even looking. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!