Tuesday 12 April 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, April 12th, 2022

Outside my window...
The sun is shining. The birds are singing. There is a light frost but it feels very spring-like! Not a cloud in the sky.  It looks as if it is going to be a beautiful day! 

I am thinking ...
I don't really do much that is exciting these days. There is not a lot of drama in my life.  That is a good thing actually. I think I have had enough drama over the past few years to last several lifetimes. I no longer feel like the car crash.  Things are on a pretty even keel at the moment. I have paid my taxes and I can settle into enjoying the beauty and solitude of each day. Drama is so over-rated!

I am thankful for ...
I always love it when my sister includes me in her plans with Dad, etc. Yesterday I went with them to my father's Doctor/Nurse appointment. It was just nice to go for a drive in the car. We went to the convenience store after that carries a lot of Costco stuff.  I got a few keto things, and another jar of almond butter. The best part was being with Cindy and dad.  Then I had supper at Cindy's last night. I always enjoy spending time with my sister so very much.

In the kitchen ...



Crock Pot Mongolian Beef.  I was really pleased with how this turned out. I had gotten a small pot roast and wanted to do more than just pot roast it. This was delicious. 

On my "to Cook"  list ... 


 

Happy Hooligans.  Something like this for Easter would be a real treat!  Layered Lemon Dessert.

Good to know ... 

 


I am wanting to create ...  



I bought one of these and am putting it all together for my daughter Eileen for Christmas. I think she will like it.




The Little Gatherer.  Easter Egg Boxes using egg cartons. 




Laura Statham on Instagram. Her things are just gorgeous. I love them.  She is soooo talented.




Lia Griffith. Felt root vegetables. 




No source, but isn't it adorable! 

I am reading ...
 


Marilla of Green Gables, by Sara McCoy

A bold, heartfelt tale of life at Green Gables . . . before Anne: A marvelously entertaining and moving historical novel, set in rural Prince Edward Island in the nineteenth century, that imagines the young life of spinster Marilla Cuthbert, and the choices that will open her life to the possibility of heartbreak—and unimaginable greatness. 

 Plucky and ambitious, Marilla Cuthbert is thirteen years old when her world is turned upside down. Her beloved mother dies in childbirth, and Marilla suddenly must bear the responsibilities of a farm wife: cooking, sewing, keeping house, and overseeing the day-to-day life of Green Gables with her brother, Matthew and father, Hugh. 

 In Avonlea—a small, tight-knit farming town on a remote island—life holds few options for farm girls. Her one connection to the wider world is Aunt Elizabeth "Izzy" Johnson, her mother’s sister, who managed to escape from Avonlea to the bustling city of St. Catharines. An opinionated spinster, Aunt Izzy’s talent as a seamstress has allowed her to build a thriving business and make her own way in the world. 

 Emboldened by her aunt, Marilla dares to venture beyond the safety of Green Gables and discovers new friends and new opportunities. Joining the Ladies Aid Society, she raises funds for an orphanage run by the Sisters of Charity in nearby Nova Scotia that secretly serves as a way station for runaway slaves from America. Her budding romance with John Blythe, the charming son of a neighbor, offers her a possibility of future happiness—Marilla is in no rush to trade one farm life for another. She soon finds herself caught up in the dangerous work of politics, and abolition—jeopardizing all she cherishes, including her bond with her dearest John Blythe. Now Marilla must face a reckoning between her dreams of making a difference in the wider world and the small-town reality of life at Green Gables.


I am really enjoying this.

I am looking forward to  ...
Easter Dinner.  I am cooking a turkey. Cindy is going to make her stuffing. (Hers tastes just like mom's.)  It will be just nice to be together. Who knows how many more we will have like this.

Dreaming about ... 




Afternoon Tea  . . . 


So sweet  . . . 

 
(source


Bunny buttons  . . . 

 


Spring blooms  . . . 
 

 


Laduree  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


High Society  . . .  Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong  . . .  such a classic film.

Makes me smile ... 



Seeing Doug being creative. He made himself a peddle board to use with his guitar.

Corners of my kingdom ...  




Bird watching is very demanding work . . . you can just barely see the jay there. I have been putting a few peanuts on the deck each day so that the cats can watch the jays pick them up. 



They are just so cute.  Cinnamon on the left. Nutmeg on the right.

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Where sin abounded,
grace did much more abound.
~Romans 5:20•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely life! Sister..dad.. sons.. and that book will be cherished:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea to give Eileen Susan's book "To My Daughter". She will love it. You have a lovely Easter dinner planned with your family, Marie. It's a beautiful spring day here, sunny and warm. I think I'll sit on the porch for a while this afternoon. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful day here, I'll make sure to send it down your way. Lovely book to be working on for your daughter. We planned Easter dinner too, going Sunday to our daughter & family. Enjoy this gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!