Tuesday 19 October 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, October 19th, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its still dark and cool, a dry day so far.  I've been awake since about 4:45.  I  have had a bad couple of nights sleepwise.  Some days are just like that I guess! 

I am thinking ...
How much longer will this Covid business go on. I would love to be able to see the rest of my family. I wish they could get a handle on it.  I have my opinions on how it started and I wish as a planet we could hold the persons responsible to task for it.

I am looking forward to ...
Halloween.  Hoping we get some cheeky visitors for Halloween treats. Its been far too long since I have enjoyed seeing lots of children on Halloween. 

I am thankful for ...
A roof over my head. Food in my belly. Family. Faith. Friends. Relatively good health.  Life is good.

In the Kitchen ... 


Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup.  This was delicious. It is a small batch recipe, making three servings.  Quick and easy to make, using simple ingredients.

On my "To Cook" list ... 


A Family Feast. Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage. 

One of my favorite things ... 
Early morning solitude. I ordered new curtains for the living room window last week to replace the sheets, etc. I just want some privacy. I don't like always feeling like people can see in.

I am wanting to create ... 


I am craving getting back into painting more.  I need a dedicated work space to do that in. I need to save up and get myself a desk for my back bedroom. I spent a lot of time in there yesterday sorting things out. Flattening boxes, sorting out stuff.  I have more work to do still. I don't think it will ever be a bedroom. For what?  I might have guests only very occasionally. I think a couple of blow up mattresses and sleeping bags will suffice.



Whistle and Ivy. Animal Ear Headbands. Cute! 



Crochet Therapy.  Cat purse. 




Crochet Baby Rattles.  Toys by Knit Friends, on Etsy.



 

Make and Do Crochet.  Furry Bear blanket/rug. 

I am reading ...




The Widow's War, by Mary Mackey 

In 1853, Carolyn Vinton is left alone and pregnant after her fiancé, abolitionist doctor William Saylor, disappears. After his stepbrother convinces her that William is dead, Carolyn accepts his offer of marriage, not realizing that she is being drawn into an elaborate ruse by her new husband and his father, a pro-slavery senator–and that William is still alive. 

 Their passionate reunion takes place in the midst of the violent Civil War, as abolitionists and pro-slavers battle over the Kansas Territory. Now only their willingness to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs–and for each other–can save them.

Have only just started this.  

Dreaming About ... 
 

Beautiful silver . . . . 

 

Pretty china  . . . 

 

Beautiful bouquets  . . .  that jug  . . . . 

 

Little crochet birds  . . . 

 

Garlic knots  . . .  

Something to watch ... 


Maid, on Netflix. Not sure if I shared it already or not, but if you haven't watched it, you need to.   

Makes me smile ... 

Nutmeg, yesterday afternoon

Can I be any more handsome? Mister Personality for sure.

Corners of my kingdom ... 


A carpet of autumn leaves  . . .  they're falling fast now. The red are the first ones to really let go  . . .  

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
* "Ordinary riches can be stolen, 
real riches cannot. 
In your soul are 
infinitely precious things that 
cannot be taken from you." 
~Oscar Wilde  •。★★ 。* 。 
 
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

7 comments:

  1. A cool start to the day here, needed warm tea to get me going. Your kitties are growing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look more like cats now than kittens! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think the small blessings in life are really the big blessings in life. Such a sweet, sweet picture of Nutmeg. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. You are very right. It’s the small things which matter most so all. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely day ! I love the three sweet crochet birdies :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those little crochet birdies also! So cute! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your daybook entries are the best. As always, I do take time to look through the crocheted Items. Always, wondering if it is simple enough for me to try again. The crochet birdies area adorable.
    The Widow's War looks intriguing. I need to read a good novel.
    Nutmeg is adorable. I love the fall photo of allthe leavess. It is such a beautiful time of year.
    You always dream of items, I like too.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!