Friday 8 October 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  

 


I just love this sampler afghan.  Perhaps not the colours.  I think I would do it in brighter colours.  It might be a great way to get rid of some yarn.  Found On Ravelry.  


 


I love the idea of a small bowl of stones that are inspiring.   You could do them one at a time as the spirit inspires.   Very meaningful.   Found on Home and Garden.  


 


New edges for old blankets.  I love these.   They're so pretty.   From Flickr. 


 


A very clever idea for a card for a child.   What child doesn't love new crayons and a chance to colour?  Found again on Flickr.   Depending on the age of the child, I would not put beads on the card. 



Stitched flowers on a menu, or an invitation, etc.  I love this idea.  You can often buy already cut out felt shapes that would be perfect for this.  Found on All Things Paper


 

A very clever use of stairs, from Buzz Feed.  Normally there will be a broom closet or some such under the stairs.  I think this idea is quite genius and very attractive. 




Eighty Seven Freezer Meal Recipes.   From Everything Mom


 


How to clean a computer keyboard without having to resort to expensive sprays etc.  From a page called Save Thousands



 

This is pure genius.  How to keep things fresh by reusing the tops of your plastic soda bottles.   Brilliant!   



 

How to Make Curtains from Two Twenty One.  This kind of thing always comes in handy.  Or at least think it does.  I love this blog.  There is always something interesting or informative on it. 

 


This is pretty useful.   It can sometimes be so hard to pick out fabrics online that will go together.  This gal gives some really great advice.  Found on  Rain on a Tin Roof


 

I am seeing more and more ideas for under the stair organization.   Instead of just having a closet, why not something like this?   Looks fab.   From A Thrifty Mom.


 


I love, LOVE this idea!  What a UNIQUE way to get some more counter space without totally compromising the space in your kitchen.   From Decorating Your Small Space




How to Clean the Glass on your Oven door in Minutes.   (Mine has never been that dirty!)  It can be really hard to clean the glass on your oven door, especially if you have let it get really mucky.   From DIY Home Sweet Home

 


Button Bookmarks! So cute.  So easy.  From I Heart Naptime


 


What a simple idea and yet so effective!  Use a curtain rod inside your cupboard doors to hold the lids to your pots and pans.  I love it!  From Instructables




From All Things Katie,  frozen smoothie packs.  If you are into smoothies, this could be a real time and money saver for you.   She made 57 smoothies at the cost of approximately $1.30 each.  Not bad.


 


How to transfer images onto wood, using your printer and ordinary wax paper.   Genius.  From The Art of Doing Stuff


 


These Baby Bibs are A D O R A B L E.  I just think they are the sweetest.   Found on Sleep Like a Peach



 

Creative Window Treatments.   Some of these are really nice.   From Up To Date Interiors


 


Do It Yourself Teacup Candles from The Wedding Chicks.   I love this idea!  




Ten habits of people with organized houses.   Love, LOVE this!  from The Inspired Room

 



No instructions, quite simply some eye candy.   I love this.  It's so pretty.  The whole page is pretty.   From Elizabetta.  Some pages are just beautiful. 



Love these cute little fairy gardens.   Now to find a suitable container!  From Pink and Green Mama

 

This Puff Paint Pillow Cover from BHG is really nice.   Can you imagine the possibilities?

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful amongst it all.  ☺

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛“Far away there in the sunshine 
are my highest aspirations. 
I may not reach them, 
but I can look up and see their beauty, 
believe in them, 
and try to follow where they lead.” 
~Louisa May Alcott•。★★ 。* 。  



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Basil.  This was quite simply delicious! 

I hope that you have a Friday filled with light and love.  I am picking up Eileen and Tim later today to have a small Thanksgiving celebration just we three. It will be simple but fun.  They are going to his parents on Sunday and her father never invites her, which is just as well.  The step mom likes to pick on them for every little thing they put in their mouth.  Its a holiday. Not the time nor the place.  I guess I will never understand hyper-critical people.  I am a "live and let live" kind of a person.  In any case, have a great day! Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


8 comments:

  1. Lovely you are having your own little Thanksgiving dinner with Eileen and Tim. Using the top of a pop bottle to seal a package is genius. Somebody was thinking.
    Lots of clever ideas. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was pretty smart also Elaine! I hope you have a wonderful Friday! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the under the stairs use. Enjoy your own Thanksgiving get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your thanksgiving meal together ! It's a time to be thankful for what you have !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ideas...have a fun time with your kin and food!! No doubt you are a breathe of fresh air to your daughter and her husband!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely that you are going to be with your dear daughter and her hubby for your holiday! That warms my heart to no end. ♥️ xo,V

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to have your children come for the dinner. I know you are loving that.
    You did have some incredible finds. I loved the crocheted afghan. I liked the colors too. I'm dreaming about making one.
    The bowl of stones with the inspiring thoughts is awesome.
    I have some blankets that could use new edges.
    I liked the two ideas for under the stairs. We just have a closet, but I do love it.
    I have always wanted to do freezer meals. thanks for that one.
    Blessings and hugs!


    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!