Tuesday 5 October 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, October 5th, 2021

Outside my window ...
It is full daylight now, but was pitch black when I got up. The temperature went down quite low during the night. It won't be long now before I will have to start turning the heat on a bit in the mornings.  It went down to 2 degrees last night, which is just above frost.

I am thinking ...
As we now move into Phase 5 of the re-opening when it comes to this darned virus, I am a bit confused as to what is acceptable or not.  I think I will just keep on being careful no matter what, and following the counsel of my church leaders.  I don't think this virus is finished with us yet.

I am looking forward to ...
My very first Canadian Thanksgiving in 22 years!

I am thankful for ...
Octobers.  Yes, I do love October. 

In the kitchen ...


Quick and Easy Chili. Not traditional, but delicious and very family friendly. A great midweek belly warmer. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Our Life Tastes Good.  EggNog French Toast.  Bring it on! 

One of my favorite things ... 


Autumn!  
 
I am wanting to create ... 

 

Mimi Felt on Etsy. Cute but expensive. 
 

Crafty Guild.
  Pumpkin Coasters. Cute!


Desert Blossom Crafts. Pumpkin Baskets.
 


Crochet Cloudberry. Pumpkin Pie Granny Square. 



Handy Little Me.  Mini Pumpkin Place Cards.  Cute! 


I am reading ... 


The Widow's War, by Mary Mackey 
In 1853, Carolyn Vinton is left alone and pregnant after her fiancé, abolitionist doctor William Saylor, disappears. After his stepbrother convinces her that William is dead, Carolyn accepts his offer of marriage, not realizing that she is being drawn into an elaborate ruse by her new husband and his father, a pro-slavery senator–and that William is still alive. 

 Their passionate reunion takes place in the midst of the violent Civil War, as abolitionists and pro-slavers battle over the Kansas Territory. Now only their willingness to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs–and for each other–can save them.

Have only just started this.

Dreaming About ... 


 

Windmills  . . . 



 

Lighthouses  . . . 



 

Gingerbread creations  . . . 

 

The ballet  . . . 


 
Hearts  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


In Your Eyes, netflix
Two seemingly unconnected souls from different corners of the United States make a telepathic bond that allows them to see, hear and feel the other's experiences, creating a bond that apparently can't be broken. 

Makes me smile ... 

The daily antics and love of these two.  Heart warming.

Corners of my kingdom ... 


The Tasty Twirl, which used to be situated on the main road into the base in Greenwood.  This is where my sister, brother and I enjoyed many an ice cream treat in the summer time when we were growing up! It has been long since gone. My ex husband used to have a job emptying the garbage here when he was a lad.

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The ordinary arts 
we practice every day at home
are of more important to the soul
than their simplicity might suggest.
~William Morris•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   






6 comments:

  1. The felt pumpkin is adorb:)
    Ill check that out on Netflix.CTM is back cried and cried..
    Grantchester too but..meh..I miss our rough and raunchyy vicar w/ a heart of gold and tousled mane lol.
    Montreal still has it's Orange Julip..an Icon..a kitschy one.
    You will have a lovely TG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What channels are you watching them on Monique? I have not been able to find them! I love those shows. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cute kitty buddies!! Glad you have a Thanksgiving to enjoy again...hope you are able to be with several kin too!! And the food...what fun to plan and execute!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pumpkin crafts today. We watched the new shows of Call the Midwife and Grantchester. Not sure I like the new viacr as much as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of autumn things to enjoy. Thsnksgiving is waiting in the wings. We had a Taste Freeze at the end of our street growing up. It made a nice walk after dinner for a 5 cent cone, yes, only 5 cents. They were so good. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved your daybook entries. This was a fun one. I loved all the crocheted fun Halloween items. I often wonder where you find some of your great photos. I assume special sites you like to visit.
    I love that you have Thanksgiving in Canada now. I think we should celebrate twice. I know you will love this first one at home.
    I am going to have too fix some Eggnog French toast.
    Your precious cats are so adorable. I'm sure you love them a lot.
    The book you have started looks intriguing.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!