Thursday 28 October 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  


 

All of you. I have always said I have the best readers and it is true. What is a writer without someone to read their words.  Not much when it comes right down to it. I appreciate each and every one of you very much.  Just thought you should know. 

 

 
 

Woodland walks.  I used to enjoy these so much. Arthritis has stolen much of that from me now, but I always used to go on long walks in the woods.  Even when the children were growing up. We would go on long walks in the woods to see what we could discover.  Always fun. 

 

 
(source

Pumpkins, Gourds and Squashes.  There are so many different ones, each unique, even amongst their own kind. Sort of like people I guess! 



Ponds.  With fish in them.  Ever so much work, but such a delight to watch . . .


 

Lucy Maud Montgomery.  Everything that sprouted from her pen  . . . 


 

Frites, fries, chips, whatever you call them. I've never met one I didn't like.  I especially like this kind, with the skins still on! 


 

Pancakes.  With butter and maple syrup.  I don't know why I don't make them for myself more often.  Probably because I would eat them! 

 

What a cute idea!!  Why didn't I think of that!  But then again . . .  I'd eat them!! 


 
   

Fresh  Sweet  Apple Cider.  Only once a year  . . .   


 

Wooly blankets  . . .  

 

Writing desks  . . . I need a desk. 

 

 

Front porches  . . . 

 


Anything Winnie  . . .  


 

Cinnamon.  Anything  . . .  


 
(source

Sheep. They are such curious creatures  . . .  


 


Stoneware mugs and jugs  . . . 

 

Deer, they are such gentle creatures  . . . 


 

Railway tracks  . . .  they all lead somewhere . . .  


 

Welcome signs  . . . 

 

Aga's and drying racks . . .  such a comfy sight  . . . 


 

Gingerbread men . . . have always loved them. 

 

 

Jack - o - Lanterns.  Used to love making them with the children every year when they were growing up. Such an exciting time. 


 

Pom Pom trim  . . . 


 

Comfy chairs to sit in  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week  . . . 

All went well at the Vet's yesterday. The kittens got their next batch of shots, etc.  They are very healthy.  I have an appointment now for Nutmeg to be neutered in early December, and Cinnamon in January.  I hate the thoughts of them having to have operations, but its the responsible thing to do.

Eileen and Tim are coming for supper tonight. I'm making meatloaf and mac and cheese. They are going into Halifax for the weekend to spend the weekend with some friends.  I am not overly happy with that because I want them to be safe, but they can make up their own minds about things.  I wanted to see them before they went because I will be isolating from them for a couple weeks after they get back just to be safe. I don't think you can be too safe these days. I hate that it has to be this way, but it is what it is.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The power of finding beauty 
in the humblest things, 
makes home happy and life lovely.
~Louisa May Alcott
•。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  I small batched my Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells recipe. Its deliciously simple! 

Have a wonderful Thursday. Its windy, cold and rainy here.  Almost all of the leaves have let go now. They are calling for rain on Halloween.  I wonder how many trick or treaters we will have?  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie - lovely pictures. My favorite part of Halloween with my children (when they were young) was carving the pumpkins. Good memories of that. Your recipes always look so good! So glad you kittens are healthy. Hope your week is going well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!