Thursday 21 October 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing. 
 
 

The Flower fairies by Cicely Mary Barker


 

Autumn leaves  . . . 


 

Blue and white china  . . . 


 

Yorkshire puddings  . . .  the best . . .


 
(source

A good book to get lost in  . . . 

 


Viaducts, especially when related to Harry Potter. I have actually seen this one in person, the Glenfinnan Viaduct in Inverness, Scotland. 

`

 

Mini Austin cars.  Don't you just love the color of this one?

 

The Wind in the Willows  . . . 

 
(source

Castles  . . .  this is Bodium Castle. Its not far from where I lived when I worked at the Manor. Have been here many times. 

 


Sunflowers  . . .  and art . . . 


 

Tower Bridge, London, taken from the Tower of London . . . 


 


Tea shops with windows that invite you in  . . . 


 

Enamel Kettles  . . . 

 

Homemade jams and jellies  . . . 

 

The smell of ripe apples  . . . 


 

Tascha Tudor  . . .  


 
 

Birds and bird watching  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. I have a busy day today. I am taking the car to have the safety done (fingers crossed there is nothing wrong), have the oil changed and the winter tires put on.  Plus I was up really late this morning. I just couldn't fall asleep last night. One of those nights  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*If you want to see solitary places
you have to get off the highway.
~S Michael Wilcox•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Corn & Potato Scallop.  Old fashioned comforting goodness.

Have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget! 


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the car, Marie. I like that you get to enjoy a tea shop before you even go inside. I love Tasha Tudor. I recently purchased her two dvds - Take Joy and Take Peace. They are my gift to myself this year. We'll watch them both Christmas day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! I am sure those dvds are treasures! Love and hugs to you xoxo

      Delete
  2. Aw, comfort food...I am sure my hubby would love this one! It is somewhat similar to how my mom and grandma fixed scalloped potatoes...only without the corn. I do not know why but when you layer each layer with flour, salt, pepper, and pour milk over at the end...somehow, it is a different taste than making it with white sauce before combining...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a really great casserole Elizabeth. I could eat just that and nothing else! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Awww, the blue and white china teacups, Tasha, fairies, apples, London, such delightful photos…they take me away to a different time and place.
    Good luck with the car!
    My sister’s birthday is today, delightful she is also.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Happy Birthday to your Sister! Where would we be without our lovely sisters. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes well with your car. Gosh, I need to get winter tires on mine.
    Love blue and shite china teacups or any dishes. I enjoyed all the photos of the castle, London and etc. I would love to visit a castle someday.
    The mini Austin car is cute.
    Love these season and all the colorful and unique fall leaves.
    I need a good book to get lost in.
    Sending hugs our way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne! Autumn is my favourite time of year! Hugs to you! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!