Thursday 14 October 2021

My favorite things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   
 

 

Love, LOVE this interesting coat . . . . pretty print, buttons, double breasted . . . 

 

The portraits of Modigliani . . . 

 

Piano music.  I especially love listening to Paul Cardall. I could listen to him play for hours. 


 

Botanical Engravings  . . . 

 

I love fashion ones as well  . . . 

 

Vintage books  . . . . 


I mean  . . . what's not to love? 

 

Nordicware  . . .  especially the cake tins  . . . pretty but not very practical  . . . 


 

Fresh croissants  . . .  especially almond croissants . . . 

 

Petticoats and flounces . . .  if I was younger and thinner I would wear petticoats and flounces. I think I could be quite eccentric  . . . 

 

The art of George Callaghan . . .  

 

Wildflowers  . . . 

 

Clever closures  . . .  if I was younger and thinner I would wear clever closures  . . . 


 

Large pottery bowls  . . . 

 

Pockets . . .  its nice to have a place to put your hands  . . . 


 


Those shoes  . . .  ribbons are the perfect closure  . . .  they adjust to any size  . . . 

 

Pure vanilla  . . . the smell  . . .  the taste  . . .   


 

Pasta  . . .  of all the things I could eat, pasta brings me the most pleasure of all . . . 


 

Haute couture  . . . 

 

Candelabra  . . 

 

What a lovely little pile of handknit wash cloths  . . .  


 


Something to curl up in  . . . 

 

The old masters  . . .  Young woman with pearl earrings, Rosalba Carriera, 1720


 
(source

Working with my hands  . . .  such a gift . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope that some of them were also some of yours! 

I am going with my sister to Michael's today.  Getting myself another one of those carts and maybe a white brush pen or some such.  We will see! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.People will forget what you said
people will forget what you did
but people will never forget
how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelou•。★★ 。* 。


 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . Grilled Chicken Breasts with Chimichurri Sauce.  Simply delicious.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Go with God and never forget  . . . 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  




4 comments:

  1. Have fun shopping with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful favourite things, Marie. I think eccentric people are interesting people. So be eccentric. Have fun at Michaels. I bet it's all decked out for Christmas already. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, lovely pasta...what is not to like! And the chicken looks very inviting!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh….favorites…….pasta, vanilla, art, books, anything almond, piano music, shoes…..ahhhh….favs. But. Shopping with sister, the BEST. Happy day to you.
    xox, V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!