Tuesday 26 October 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, October 26th 2021

Outside my window ...
Its cool and dark and it has been raining. They are expecting some nasty weather over the next few days, with lots of rain and high winds. I am worrying excessively about it. Today I have to drive into Greenwood to the mall to have them look at my phone charger and tomorrow I have to drive into Greenwood to take the kittens to the Vet.  I know I shouldn't worry about these things, but I really do. Driving in extreme weather is not my favorite thing to do.

I am thinking ...
I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. 

I am looking forward to ...
Getting the things done that I need to get done over these few days and having them behind me. I know  . . .  I am a worry wart.

I am thankful for ...
The power of prayer. 

In the kitchen ...

Roast Beef Hash.  A feast from the leftovers from Sunday dinner.  Delicious!

On my "To Cook" list ...


Half Baked.  Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread. This looks and sounds delicious! 

One of my favorite things ... 
Cuddling with the kittens. They give me massages.  Sometimes the massages hurt, lol.  They have sharp claws, but I can tolerate it for a short. Its nice to know that they love me.

I am wanting to create ... 


Nana's Crafty Home.  Rustic Sunflower Pot Holder or Trivet. 



Ravelry. Trivet Hot Pad by Andrea Leek.
 

DIY Velcro Wallet.  Easy Peasy. 


 
Bow Makeup Pouch.  Also very easy to make. 

 


Sew Can She.  Car Diddy Bag. 

I am reading ...  


 
The Girls with No Names, by Serena Burdick
A beautiful tale of hope, courage, and sisterhood—inspired by the real House of Mercy and the girls confined there for daring to break the rules. 

 Growing up in New York City in the 1910s, Luella and Effie Tildon realize that even as wealthy young women, their freedoms come with limits. But when the sisters discover a shocking secret about their father, Luella, the brazen elder sister, becomes emboldened to do as she pleases. 

Her rebellion comes with consequences, and one morning Luella is mysteriously gone. Effie suspects her father has sent Luella to the House of Mercy and hatches a plan to get herself committed to save her sister. 

But she made a miscalculation, and with no one to believe her story, Effie’s own escape seems impossible—unless she can trust an enigmatic girl named Mable. As their fates entwine, Mable and Effie must rely on their tenuous friendship to survive. 

 Home for Unwanted Girls meets The Dollhouse in this atmospheric, heartwarming story that explores not only the historical House of Mercy, but the lives—and secrets—of the girls who stayed there.

Have only just begun this book.

Dreaming About ... 

 

 
Carrot Cake  . . .  such a simple embellishment . . . 

 

Hot drinks  . . .  tis the season  . . . 

 

 
Whatever these are, they look mighty yummy  . . . 


 

 
What a beautiful baking dish  . . . 

 
(source

What a beautiful blanket  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



I never got to watch it in its first run, but I am watching the reruns again for the third time. I know. I'm crazy. 
 
Makes me smile ... 



From 2019. Josh getting ready to carve his pumpkin  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Every year the town of Kentville puts on a display of Pumpkin people. They show up all over the town.  This is the Abbey Road edition from 2017. What fun! 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
* Tough times never last
but tough people do.•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   



13 comments:

  1. I love those hot pads and am wondering if I could make some. I may give it a try. I have read that book and it is very good. We are having a lot of rain here in Utah - we are now on our third day - there is snow in the mountains. I drove home from our trip to Nevada in pouring rain on Saturday. Stressful, but with God's help, we made it home safely. Hope you have a good week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to make some of those hotpads. I have scraps I can use! They always come in handy. Snow in the mountains, seems so soon, but I know they have had snow in Northern Alberta so its coming! Happy you made it home safe and sound! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Be brave..it's not too too far..can you get there by small roads or only fast highways? I don't drive into Montreal but get around here well..and to the next big town that has everyting now,like Costco..and I can get there on a small lakeshore road.Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take all back roads Monique, I don't think I could do city driving now! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Drive carefully, Marie. Any chance you could do both your errands on the same day? It's raining here, too, and quite windy. Lots to look at in your post today. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I wish I could have done them both on the same day, but I needed my phone pronto and you know how Vets are. I just have the Vet appointment to get through now! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie- I'm with you on the driving thing - perhaps you could reschedule? I do know how hard it is - at least in some places - to get a vet appointment, so maybe not an option. If you just take your time, you will be good.
    And yesterday's photo of the kittens - SO sweet.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took my time yesterday and will take it again today! No fun being older and timid behind the wheel, especially when there are so many aggressive drivers about! Thanks Mary! xoxo

      Delete
  5. It's important that you keep positive and remember you can do whatever you think you can do, Just be careful and have a safe journey. The weather should not determine what we are able to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, you are right of course! I just need to get a bit more used to driving in all conditions again! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love Kentville, they must be some fun folks! Yummy looking goodies today. From one worry wart to another, happy Tuesday. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its considered a town, but its like a small city to me! That is where our hospital is now. I always dread having to go! But yes, the pumpkin people are really cute! xoxo

      Delete
  7. The pumpkin people are unigue. I forgot to mention in your last post; what darling kittens you have. I loved the sweet photos you took.
    I to like the potholers and that blanket is lovely. The food items looks so good.
    Of course, Josh's photo is adorable. I hope you get to see them soon.
    You always read the most interestin book. I must get back to novel reading. I am vway to busy for my are. I'm tired.
    I'm like you, I don't like to drive in bad weather.
    Be safe out there.
    Sending hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!